Frang Kaai, the Primordial

14879381464_4ec868e515_n.jpg
Flickr

A venerable dragon, revered for centuries. Records of dragons stretch far back into the fogs of ancient history. Was there a lineage of proud drakes, or was there only the everlasting Frang Kaai, as he once claimed?

So, the dragon MOC which I've had in various degrees of completion for over a month now is finished! And I think he turned out pretty well, and was an interesting build, as a more serpentine Asian-style dragon as opposed to my main previous dragon MOC, the Tyrannarahk, which is a Western-style dragon. In part the difference is because I currently think a proper dragon needs cloth/fabric wing membranes, unlike the Tyrannarahk (whose wings I've grown increasingly critical of), and I didn't have those on hand to use. They're also remarkably rare and expensive on BrickLink, especially the Black Pearl sails. Hence, a wingless serpent dragon! Speaking of pieces on hand, I also don't have much blue HF cladding at all, only really what Dragon Bolt had, so I had to make do in that regard as well.

Lastly, if any of you are wondering about the name, it's partly a stealth reference, which his bio further hints at, so let's see if anyone can catch it. :sly:

Comments are welcome!

~B~ Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 4

That's an interesting use of the Jumper plate on the head, and I like how you used a wing piece as a beard for the head.

Thanks! Although I'm used to thinking of this as the jumper plate. :P As for the wing, it fit surprisingly well into the Kaiju jaw piece, so I am pleased with that bit. I guess you could say that keeping my Chima sets nearby where I build paid off.

~B~