Chro

BIONICLE HITMAN XI: WORLDSHAKER

THE PLOT

Unlike every DH-centric Hitman game to date, in Worldshaker you will be playing as Glatorian locked in the midst of the Core War on pre-Shattering Spherus Magna.
The element lords, who originally received their power for the sake of order, have betrayed their purpose, and now spread chaos in their efforts to secure as much Energized Protodermis as possible.
The conflict rages over the entire planet, and with more and more EP being drained from the core every day, who knows when the world might just shake itself apart...

THE GAME

In Hitman, you are attempting to assassinate all of your opponents, with the ultimate goal of being the final surviving assassin (or faction). You target other players by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the murder method you will use in your assassination attempt. You have six methods of murder to choose from.

Gun
Sledgehammer
Knife
Environment
Poison
Explosive

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the murder methods and corresponding numerical values (one through six). For example:

Gun: 1
Sledgehammer: 6
Knife: 4
Environment: 5
Poison: 3
Explosive: 2

This is your resistance profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. When someone attempts to kill you, I will roll a die. If the number falls below your resistance for the chosen weapon, you will survive. If not, you die. For example, if someone targeted you with a knife, I would roll a die. If my die landed on anything below 4, you would survive the attempt. If you were targeted with a sledgehammer attack, and I rolled below 6, you'd live. (It should also be noted that if you are targeted with a weapon for which you have a resistance of 1, you will die automatically, as there is no number below 1 for me to roll.) If this requires any clarification, let me know, and I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Each round will (hopefully) take about 48 hours, including plenty of time in which to PM me your target and weapon of choice. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round. (Please note that due to my schedule being very busy right now, the timeframe might be a tiny bit stretched, but I can assure you that I will close the rounds and such on time, even if writing and posting scenes is a slightly different story.)

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?
I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive first dibs on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?
There can only be one winning assassin (or faction), so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

THE TWIST(S)

Every player will be a member of a four-person faction of Glatorian. There are five, and they are as follows:

FIRE (red)
JUNGLE (green)
WATER (blue)
SAND (gold)
ICE (turquoise)

Players are distributed to teams by RNG, much like role decision in Mafia games. No picking teams this time.

While you are allowed to kill your teammates, it is not recommended, for obvious reasons. Not to bring Mafia issues into Hitman games, but I'd like to remind you all that treason will not be tolerated, and this policy will be strictly enforced.

Whichever faction wins the battle each round will receive a cache of Energized Protodermis to upgrade their defenses. In other words, if your team is most successful in a round (by kill-death ratio), every surviving member of the team will receive one extra resistance point. (If multiple teams are tied for highest KD, then they all gain the resistance points.)

For example, if I was a member of the fire tribe and our KD for the night was better than that of all the other tribes, I would be able to upgrade my knife resistance from 4 to 5, et cetera. The hard limit for this is full sixes, though it's highly unlikely to reach that point for any one player.

Additionally, each tribe has an Element Lord, whose identity is kept secret. The Element Lord gains two resistance points instead of one in each successful round, but if they are killed then each surviving member of their tribe loses one resistance point. (Despite the Element Lords being the commanders of their tribes within Bionicle canon, that would not really work too well as a mechanic here, so it is simply assumed that all kills selected by the players of the tribe are approved by the tribe's EL.)

TL;DR - Five tribes all fighting each other, the faction(s) with the best KD each round will be able to upgrade their resistance stats, and each tribe has an Element Lord who has stronger resistances but damages his team when he dies.

THE PAYROLL (for lack of a better name) 

These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets will be marked clearly to distinguish which players you will be able to attack.

Final three survivors are bolded.

1. Colette Llyan
2. Pupwa21 eliminated by Caboose and Dapper
3. Snubby eliminated by Phoenix Zero
4. Baltarc
5. Axilus Prime eliminated by Snubby
6. Toa K eliminated by Burnmad
7. Aiwendil eliminated by Captain Caboose
8. Voxumo eliminated by Dapper-Sama
9. Trijhak
10. Toa Lhikevikk eliminated by Baltarc
11. Smooth Jazz eliminated by Trijhak
12. Kopekemaster eliminated by Voxumo
13. Zakaro eliminated by Ehks
14. Phoenix Zero eliminated by Aiwendil
15. Ehksidian eliminated by Pupwa21
16. Dapper-Sama eliminated by Voxumo
17. Neo ShadowVezon eliminated by Smooth Jazz
18. Captain Caboose eliminated by Colette Llyan
19. Makuta Luroka eliminated by Aiwendil and ShadowVezon
20. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons eliminated by Lhikevikk

GOOD LUCK

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Sign me up, this looks interesting. Number 18 if possible

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

6 slots remaining

Teams have been distributed for the current players, though I will not tell everyone which teams they're on until the game actually starts, so no one team has an advantage in being able to collaborate earlier than the others or anything like that

Edited by ChroXumo
  • Upvote 2

but their spirits

Wait, how are you hosting again already, Chro?

The final three survivors of Hitman X were Ehks, Toarobot, and myself. Ehks and Toarobot are both unable to host right now, and I had a game concept already set up, so they let me take it.

but their spirits

I'll take Lhik's explanation, since it sounds better than mine, although the Skrall were indeed part of the Core War. :lol:

Frankly I like the color variety. Blue, red, green, yellow (and another blue, because ice, but it's not like I'm going to make that one have white text). Black doesn't round it off for me... just personal preference.

Plus, it's easier for me to recolor text to gold instead of black while writing all this stuff. Even though my posts are automatically reformatted to grey Verdana, everything looks like black Arial before it's posted, and it can get a bit annoying to constantly switch the BBCode interface on and off every time I want to check if I've properly formatted a certain tribe, et cetera.

Edited by ChroXumo

but their spirits

I'll take Lhik's explanation, since it sounds better than mine, although the Skrall were indeed part of the Core War. :lol:

Frankly I like the color variety. Blue, red, green, yellow (and another blue, because ice, but it's not like I'm going to make that one have white text). Black doesn't round it off for me... just personal preference.

Plus, it's easier for me to recolor text to gold instead of black while writing all this stuff. Even though my posts are automatically reformatted to grey Verdana, everything looks like black Arial before it's posted, and it can get a bit annoying to constantly switch the BBCode interface on and off every time I want to check if I've properly formatted a certain tribe, et cetera.

[ font=fontname ][ color=colorname OR #colorhex ] text [/ color ][/ font ]

(remove the spaces though)

I type this with every post on CM

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

I would, but with this game's twist, doing that wouldn't be fair to their teammates.

EDIT: Just two missing. If I don't get them by tomorrow, I will decide their resistances by RNG and begin the game.

Edited by ChroXumo

but their spirits

Each player submits their own target. Otherwise, K, this would just be a Mafia game that had a Hitman twist, not a Hitman game with a Mafia twist. ;)

I cannot create team PMs as I am not a Premier Member; it is up to you to create those yourselves if you so desire.

That said, as of now, all role/faction PMs have been sent, and you have 36 hours to organize your team and choose your targets. (Round 1 deadline: roughly 1:00 PM EST on August 24th.)

EDIT: About two hours left. Still missing some kills.

Edited by ChroXumo

but their spirits