Velika's Bara Magna Agents

I think the only reason people are mentioning "the Hero Agori" is that he's been talked about a lot lately in other topics, so he's on BZPers' minds right now, but probably he's not even on Greg's radar screen, as it were. It's much more likely to be a named character.

As for telepathy -- some kind of tech version probably, but as you say, not likely to be in his body. We saw Lifer communicate telepathically (or tech equiv) even through dimensions, but he might have an implant that enables that, which Velika's Po-Matoran body almost certainly doesn't have. But Velika could simply have "admin access" to all the protodermis molecules around him which could theoretically all act like computers giving him access to the giant's long-range communications (and internal sensors too; this is probably how he watched events in the MU).

However, I think it's just as likely that the spy does have a long-range communicator too. However it works on Velika's end may be irrelevant to how it works on the spy's (or spies') end.

Incidentally, most Agori and Glatorian have GB-made implants in their bodies that have certainly lasted 100,000+ years. Probably they're designed to be self-repairing somehow.

Actually, for all we know the spy has a communicator implant! Plus, if Velika had such an implant in his head as a Matoran, Karzahni's rebuilding would presumably not remove it (like, in the brain). I doubt either of these is the case though.

• Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I imagine that Velika would have required a separate agent to spy on the Skrall, given that they were isolated from the rest of Bara Magnan society for thousands of years. There are four possible agents: Tuma, Stronius,Branar, and Atakus.
Tuma, being of the Skrall leader class, seems unlikely. Velika would have risked too much by contacting him. In the event that he decided not help Velika, he would be in a position to root out whomever ultimately served as Velika's agent. After all, he wouldn't want spies for foreign powers running about.

Stronius seems to have the wrong personality for an agent. He's too rash. Also:

Displeased by the slow pace of Tuma's conquest plans, Stronius initiated his own movement, and began stealing and sabotaging equipment, while framing other tribes for the vandalism. However, the plan failed, as the aftermath of the Core War prevented the Agori from fighting one another. When Tuma learned of what Stronius had been doing, he had the elite warrior punished, as his scheme had put Tuma's plans in jeopardy.

This seems too rash to be Velika's initiative, and I doubt that Stronius would have done this if he was following instructions from Velika.

This leaves us with Branar and Atakus. At the time of the Core War, neither was very important. Branar was merely a Skrall warrior and commander, while Atakus was, at most, a gate guard. Branar's role and rank would give him access to more vital information than a mere gate guard. So Branar seems most likely.

As for other agents, Vastus is a definite possibility. He feels much guilt for his actions in the Core War, and he may well have felt guilty during the War. If Velika were to approach him with a purported opportunity to atone for his sins, he would leap at the chance.

Metus is another possibility. It's possible that allowed himself to be captured by the Skrall, so as to further Velika's plans by aiding them. This hinges on the Skrall figuring into Velika's plans, of course. Though as Bonesii said, it makes sense of the timing of the Skrall's invasion. Also, it occurs to me, if the Skrall invasion was a hindrance to Velika, surely his agents would have warned the other villages?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

To whoever it was that said Kiina was amazed at the prospect of meeting Mata Nui being evidence that she wasn't already talking to an "alien,' I'd like to point out that talking on the phone with someone isn't the same as doing it in person. she would have been fascinated at the chance to communicate with an otherworlder, yes, but to actually see one in person, up close? that's another story altogether. 

For this reason, and the lab, and the following around the strange newcomer bit that bonesii mentioned, I add her to my list of suspects right next to Raanu. The Vastus theories are interesting, too, so I'll count him as well.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

So, i change my opinion. I think it's Berix. Because he knows location of GBs' Underground Lab. 

At one point during his travels, Berix discovered the Underground Lab of the Great Beings, and found within it a strange coin marked with mysterious symbols. The Glatorian Kiina, who had been using the lab as her private sanctuary, discovered his presence and warned him never to return there again. Berix disobeyed her wishes and came back into the cavern several times, managing to fix the lights in the place.

Source: BS01.

Just noticed this on Bionicle Wiki - "Malum is Greg Farshtey's favorite 2009 character, to date."

0.o Hmm...

Not sure if that's true, but keep in mind, the Bionicle Wiki is unreliable. BS01, Waz... BS01. ;)

• Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The idea of Vastus being the contact is actually becoming more and more likely to me. He may be perfectly conscious and knowing of what he is doing, but he probably thinks it is for a good cause, which is why he is so loyal. He is a trusted veteran glatorian who travels between villages for matches. As seen in Raid on Vulcanus, he would do anything to protect Tesara, and probably thinks rule under Velika would keep the jungle agori safe.

It's either Metus or Vastus now. I still think it's pretty likely that it's Tuma though, for reasons already stated.

It has to be Click due to it being the most manipulative character. Or one of the Sand Stalkers from Riddle of the Great Beings? It's definitely the latter because it came from the story with Great Beings in the name. Rock solid reasoning.

signoff.png

Edited by Phyoohrii
  • Upvote 3

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

People seem to be fooling around with this idea, but what if it actually was Click? 

Think about it, when Mata Nui formed a body in the crater, Click was the only one of the swarm to not flee. Clearly he had been exposed to something like this before, or at least was comfortable with the idea. It goes against nature of most pack animals to be the only one behind for the simple pleasure of satisfying one's curiosity. 

Next, during the Battle of Roxtus, Mata Nui let Click go just prior to the confrontation. He returned with a synchronized monster formed out of other beetles.

It would be impossible for animals with the intelligence level of Scarabax Beetles to form a being in order to attack a tribe, let alone sync it to look like a humanoid figure.

My theory is that Click was given an intelligence increase by Velika, which he used to mind control the others in his pack to come with him and attack Roxtus. 

And think about it, beetles would be the perfect spy. They're small, kind of quiet, and are not very noticeable. Click could have been occasionally ditching his pack to wonder around inside villages, picking up information, and sending it back to Velika. And no one would find his actions suspicious because he's a beetle! 

I put Click at the top of my list for Velika's ear. 

• Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

What if the entire Scarabax species was created to be Velika's informants? Other than that, Atakus seems pretty likely because of his blades, and Vastus got way less coverage than any other of the legends, which makes him suspicious. I am nearly certain Kabura is an agent, even if he was from 2010.

• Upvote 3

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

One of the contacts has been revealed! Link.

No surprise's inside, so don't get your hopes up. ;)

Edited by Makuta1213

"Vahki were rarely, if ever, surprised by anything. After years of tracking down and subduing Rahi of all sorts, the order enforcement squads were experienced at handling almost any situation. Add to that foiling the ingenious attempts of some Matoran to try and take unscheduled vacations from work, and Vahki could safely be said to have seen it all."

I don't like calling the GB Velika, since that's the name of the Matoran he's possessing, so I'll call him... Akilev.

Certavus--While it's true that he died after the Shattering and as such might have beena spy for Akilev before then, I don't think he is simply based on his character.

Raanu--Raanu makes sense. Plus, as the leader of the villages, he'd have access to a lot of information. And he worked for the Great Beings before. And he couldn't follow Mata Nui around, because he had a village to lead.

Metus--He's just a traitor character, so it makes perfect sense. Plus, he sat next to Raanu during the Grand Tournament. Knowing him, he probably bought that seat. However, he did not follow Mata Nui around.

Berix--Nobody trusted him because they saw him as a thief. As far as I can tell, only Kiina saw him as the traitor to the Skrall. So maybe peopla hid their valuables around him, but they didn't hide facts from him.As someone else pointed out, he sat next to Raanu during the Grand Tournament. Then he follows Mata Nui around.

Atakus--I don't think the alien tech proves anything. He just found it. That, plus, as a guard, he wouldn't have access to too much information.

Tarduk--I'd say why it can't be him, but too many other people already have.

Malum--I don't see much evidence for or against him. However, even though he is now secluded, it might make sense that he was the spy up until he tried to kill Strakk, since that happened fairly recently.

Strakk--The only way he would be the spy is if Akilev payed him. Since I don't see Akilev doing that, I don't think Strakk is the spy.

Tarix--Despite his sense of honor, he actually makes sense. However, he did not follow Mata Nui around any. That said, with Kiina already doing that, it's possible Tarix stayed near Tajun to protect it.

Gresh--Too young and naive.

Skirmix--He HAS to be the spy. There's just no other way. JK.

Surel--Can he communicate with his Iron Wolves? On the one hand, he knows about the Free Element Lords and the path to the Valley of the Maze, and he makes sense. On the other hand, it might have been hard to contact him before the Shattering, and it's possible Akilev even thought he was dead. So it's a toss-up.

Branar--First to encounter the Batterra. His reaction to the Batterra makes me want to say it's not him.

Fero--I doubt it, simply because he's a Bone Hunter.

Tuma--Like Raanu, being the leader, he had access to a lot of information. However, I don't know. He also recognized Mata Nui's Mask as a mask, so... anyone think of that?  I should add a clarification -- Mata Nui's Mask, at the time, possibly looked like a helmet, at least in set form.  Does anyone know if the Ignika changed its shape to look like a helmet on Bara Magna?  Edit: he's shown taking it off by lifting up in All that Glitters, like he would a helmet, but that could be just artistic license.

Kyry--Maybe, but he's a guard, so maybe not. However, he also worked with Raanu and the Great Beings. Then again, he doesn't follow Mata Nui around.

Kirbold--He travelled a lot, so he's a definite possibility.  Even though he ditched Crotesius and Tarduk, he returned for no apparent reason.

C lick--People think he's the spy because he's too smart to be a beetle. Remember, though, real life physics don't apply in Bionicle. A group of Archives Moles could probably recreate Malum, so why not Scarabax beetles? However, his reaction to Mata Nui makes me wonder.

Ackar--He makes sense, and he followed Mata Nui around (that said, Mata Nui saved his life from Strakk-attack).

Gelu--Who knows?

Kiina--She knew where the Great Being's lab was. She could have been pretending to hate the Great Beings, or not know Akilev was a Great Being. Oh, and she does her best to point suspicion at poor Berix. Her reaction to Mata Nui casts doubt on the idea. Also, by the way, if an alien landed on Earth, wouldn't you want to follow it around? By the way, since she wanted to leave Bara Magna with Mata Nui, I doubt she was the spy.

Mata Nui--He could be a spy, right?

Stronius--Eh, I doubt it.

Vastus--He might gladly join Akilev. Also, even though he does not follow Mata Nui around, we saw how dedicated he was to protecting the Jungle Agori. He'd especially feel needed for protection if Gresh was off adventuring with Mata Nui. Plus, maybe Akilev gave him the ancient meditation technique records [mentioned in Mata Nui's guide to Bara Magna].

Crotesius--Why is he not on the list? Also, I don't think so.

Perditus--[Out of Story: I think Greg will make him the spy, if forced to choose a spy.]

Kirbraz--He's a possibility.

Scodonius--He is a braggart.  Maybe he thinks a lot of himself, being an informant and all.

Sahmad--Nothing in Sahmad's tale implies he was, so I don't think he could be.

Telluris--He's too crazy and paranoid. He made Vezon look sane. Would you want him to be your spy? Yeah, me neither.

Edit: adding a bit and correcting Scodonius's name (I've always thought it was spelled Scondonius until now)  And I like Banana Gunz's idea of calling the GB something besides Velika.  I just used Akilev (Velika reversed) because I didn't feel like making up a good name.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I don't like calling the GB Velika, since that's the name of the Matoran he's possessing, so I'll call him... Akilev.

*snip*

This is kinda off topic but I would prefer to call him something closer to the sounding of the other names we know. I think Oreyus (pronounced oh-rey-us, could also be spelled several other ways) sounds really cool. What other names do you guys think would sound good?

To keep this post on topic I want to say that I think people are taking the concept of it being Click a little bit too seriously. Click would be a good informant but would not be able to affect the outside world much. I would assume Oreyus (don't mind if I casually throw around my made up name ;) ) would want followers who can affect the world and interact with the agori/glatorian, because if something happens he would want his followers to have a direct influence on events to keep things in line until he arrives. Click did have a good amount of interaction and affect on the world, but physically by himself, not much. Besides, having Click be one of the followers just sounds silly; it makes sense, but it sounds silly.

I wouldn't want any of Mata-Nui's friends to be a spy. It could make for some interesting story-telling, but I prefer we get one of the other characters like Vastus explored a bit more.

Raanu makes sense. Plus, as the leader of the villages, he'd have access to a lot of information. And he worked for the Great Beings before. And he couldn't follow Mata Nui around, because he had a village to lead.

An excellent point!

Berix--Nobody trusted him because they saw him as a thief. As far as I can tell, only Kiina saw him as the traitor to the Skrall. So maybe peopla hid their valuables around him, but they didn't hide facts from him.As someone else pointed out, he sat next to Raanu during the Grand Tournament. Then he follows Mata Nui around.

Best summary so far. I might go so far as to say that these two are the top suspects, logically. (Plus he had access to the underground lab.)

Kiina maybe too, but only if she was tricked into it with the alien thing (re: my first post here), and even then it seems unlikely.

Gresh--Too young. Was he alive during the Core War?

Yes he was. They all were. See my first post. Gresh is probably out IMO, but due to being naive and thus not that useful as a spy. Velika probably never heard of him too. :P

Tuma--Like Raanu, being the leader, he had access to a lot of information. However, I don't know. He also recognized Mata Nui's Mask as a mask, so... anyone think of that?

That's because it is a mask. :P They knew what masks were, they didn't know they had magical powers. Keep in mind Matoran language is derived from Agori. "Kanohi" means "mask" -- it was probably the same word in Agori. So, if you could hear Tuma speaking in "untranslated" (as in no English) speech, he probably said "Kanohi" there, but simply meant by it what we would normally mean by "mask" on Halloween in real life.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm confused as to how Vastus is at the top.

• Upvote 1

TheGeekIgnika, the caffeinated cyber-ninja.  Or just some idiot with a computer.  You choose.

If I sounded like a geek in this

post, you are correct.

"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.  It means never having to play it cool about about how much you like something.  It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult.  Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.  Even me.

I'm confused as to how Vastus is at the top.

Simply put, it's because several people have posited evidence for why he could be the traitor, several more have agreed with them, and no one has disputed those claims. :shrugs: It's how my ranking system works.

If you doubt it was Vastus, feel free to make a case against him.

Edited by Yaldabaoth
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Personally I haven't seen any convincing cases for Vastus. All the evidence stated so far is circumstantial. But I wouldn't really dispute him; he's just one of several more random possibilities. Not a strong candidate IMO, but not a particularly weak one either. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

I think we shouldn't necessaraly only focus on characters current/rescent actions, as this person is an informant and probably wouldn't try to be obvious about the moves he/she's making, rather, I think it would be smart if we look at WHY some people would want to help Velika succeed. What do they get out of it. Land? Power? Fame? Redemption? A new life?

All of these are adequate reasons as to why someone would help a potential benevolent (notice: potential) dictator.

Anyway, I think there are a few facts that need to be stated:

1- Velika wants leaders on his side. This one is kind of obvious, if you plan to take over, you want influence that impacts the masses on your side. This is seen with Kabrua, who is a leader amongst his people on Bota Magna. I think this can also be drawn out in his comment about needing the Toa Mata/Nuva. As these Toa are saviors and leaders of the MU (most of it anyway) they would easily influence the population.

2- He has been in touch with informants for 100k years. I think this shows us that whoever is siding with him, made this decision long ago and whatever happened to the Informant rescently shouldn't be too much of a factor for them being aligned with Velika.

3- Velika is not homies with other Great Beings. He blames them for what happened, and is pretty ticked off by their actions, and apparently his informants (or rather informant that we know of) aren't the biggest fans of them either.

4- He doesn't like Makuta and what he did.

5- Greg said that he has multiple informants. I think many people are forgetting this statement, and clinging onto one Bara Magna character to be the snitch.

6- Not exactly evidence, but I highly doubt it that a character who has already been explored and a part of the story is the Informant. It just doesn't make sense that Greg would make a character whos has already been explored into the Informant. I just think it wouldn't be that great of an idea as a writer to do that.

7- These characters probably want to gain something from Velika: what do they get out of him being planet-king.

I'll list my suspects, and give them a score of 6 max for each fact that they allign with(since "fact" #5 is simply something to consider :P )IF ANYONE WANTS TO USE THIS SYSTEM PLEASE DO.

So far I have my one suspect:

Vastus. He is up there due to his personality, or at least the one that has been described in the literature and on BS01. He's haunted by his past, and has been trying to redeem himself ever since the incident, and I'm guessing he's not a big fan of the GBs, like Velika [3]. This also happened around 100k years ago, so indesperation I can see him striking this deal when he commited the slaughter of civilians [2]. He also despises war since the incident, and might see Velika's rule as key to that [7]. Also he would do anything to protect the Jungle Tribe, and as Prime Glatorian he is a person of influence and is well respected among the Jungle Tribe, and Bara Magna [1]. He also obviously hates Makuta [4], plus we haven't really seen Vastus explored as a character [6]

Final score: 6/6 (ily vastus 5ever bb <3)

If anyone wants to add/alter more facts, PLEASE let me know and if you want to argue against my argument I'd be happy to hear the critique. :)

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

So a question I just thought of is: Since there is (most likely) more than one agent/spy on Bara Magna, would they have known that there were other spies, or would they be acting on the belief that they are the only spy?

Edited by unknown456
  • Upvote 2

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

IMO the strongest candidates are Vastus and Atakus. Vastus because, as others have stated, he may believe that creating a new world order for Velika to rule would be in the interest of the "greater good". Atakus because--- ignoring those swords, which I think are more of circumstancial evidence that shouldn't count for much--- he had the right personality for it, but unlike Metus and others, was not shown to have any personal ambition, any desire to carve out a place for themselves. Atakus is the perfect spy, and I don't think that a spy who drew attention to themself would have been good.

This is why I don't think Metus is a good candidate. Tuma isn't likely because he was shown to have a strong personal devotion to the Skrall as a race; we saw his POV and his interior thoughts and he had no ulterior motives.

Kiina and Berix I would rule out because I doubt Greg would turn one of the movie's main heroes into a secret spy like that. Raanu I think was too distrusting of *all* Great Beings to ever side with Velika. Stronius was too loyal to Tuma to betray him like that. Malum and Surel were too isolated from society to be effective spies.

idk man

I have an theory that suggests that Malum may also be an informant even though he was exiled. Even though he was isolated by his exile, he still had his Vorox that could've seen things and reported back to him, which in turn he reported to Velika. And as Archon and others have said, Velika probably had mulitple agents. Malum could've been one of them that used to inform the GB about events in his village, but then started reporting about happenings in the desert after his exile. And assuming that Velika would want to know what was happening on all of Bara Magna, he would probably want someone who could tell him what going on in isolated regions, and Malum and his Vorox could've done just that for him. 

I know this isn't the best theory as to why he could be an informant, since others like Gelu or Fero, who traveled a lot in the desert, could've also reported this kind of information to him. But I feel like Malum's Vorox would be more likely to see the events of the desert than them.

Now feel free to tear my theory apart, everyone. :P

So a question I just thought of is: Since there is (most likely) more than one agent/spy on Bara Magna, would they have known that there were other spies, or would they be acting on the belief that they are the only spy?

I think that would depend on who the agents were. I would imagine that if two of Velika's agents were on the opposite sides of a conflict (say, one was a Glatorian and one a Bone Hunter) and they learned that the GB was talking with their opponents, they wouldn't too pleased. But until we learn who they are, it's kind of hard to say if they knew there were other agents besides them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

IMO the strongest candidates are Vastus and Atakus.

Been looking into Vastus, and I have to say I now disagree strongly, at least IF the spy has to know and agree with Velika's philosophy (and Kabrua does seem to, but as I said previously, we can't assume Velika tells every agent the same thing). Here's two points showing why:

However, an error created a larger slide than they had predicted, and half the village was destroyed, resulting in the death of over one thousand mostly non-combatant Agori. This event tormented Vastus, and he began to feel guilt over his actions.

Velika wouldn't be bothered by such a thing really. Deaths along the way to the greater good are acceptable (including murders).

He also feels a Glatorian's first duty is to defend his own village - not only did he initially refuse to defend Vulcanus from Bone Hunters, but he also sent Gresh to fight in most arena matches outside of Tesara so he could remain with his village.

So he's into "local first" philosophy, the exact opposite of Velika's "I can haz tyranny?" view.

Now Vastus could be roped in, in a similar way as Raanu, but would he be useful? He's always staying in one place. A traveling spy is a more likely good choice (so on that point, Gresh would actually be better -- but I'd rule him out for reasons stated earlier). On the other hand, he does hold a high rank, but so do several other Glatorian, why, again, are we singling him out?

Yeah, put me down for officially disputing Vastus. :P

As for Atakus, something I thought of earlier but didn't have time to say is that since the weapons glow, it probably evidences that everybody else thinks of him as rather irrelevant and unintelligent, since having glowing weapons would be a serious weakness at night, and when that cache was found, just let him have them since nobody else wanted them. His bio seems to support this:

However, he is overly self-confident, and weak against more crafty opponents.

Plus, I'm not really sure why Velika would pick a random Rock Agori anyways. Although it's possible he's more likely to actually like Velika's philosophy... and I suppose less likely to die than a warrior. :shrugs:

he had the right personality for it, but unlike Metus and others, was not shown to have any personal ambition, any desire to carve out a place for themselves. Atakus is the perfect spy, and I don't think that a spy who drew attention to themself would have been good.

Reasonable points. I guess Atakus is a good candidate, but not because of the weapons; if anything they hurt his case IMO.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

I think we need to stop thinking of these guys as spies and think of them more as... agents. Some of them must have been taking a more active role than simply keeping tabs on the villages. Also, I think it' fairly safe to assume that Velika has at least one of these agents in each village, plus a few other key locations. 

Going on the assumption that there was at least one agent in each village, each with a specific task, here are my candidates.

Metus: I've given plenty of reasons for suspecting him in my previous posts in this topic, so I won't bother going through it all over again. From his actions in the 2009 story, I'm assuming his task was to raise an army in preparation for Velika's arrival. 

Raanu: I didn't suspect him at first, but there are some very convincing arguments. He has worked with he GB's in the past, so it would make sense. I imagine his task for Velika would have been to earn the villager's trust and work himself into a position of power and authority, so that Velika's transition to power of the Agori would run smoothly when the time came. 

Vastus: He's got a lot of guilt for his actions in the war, and Velika has likely promised him redemption. Makes sense to me. My guess is that his job was primarily to keep tabs on his home village, since it is mentioned on his BS01 page that he rarely leaves. This makes sense, since Tesara is one of the few fertile areas on all of Bara Magna, plus it has a steady water supply. Keeping one of his agents firmly in control of this region would be in Velika's best interests, I would think. 

Malum: I think Malum may have been working for Velika as well. I don't know what h might have been doing for Velika before he went rogue, but I can guess why he went to go live with the Vorox. Picture this: Velika is talking to Kabrua one day, and Kabrua casually asks how the Bara Magna Vorox are faring. So Velika sends one of his agents to go find out. That might explain how Malum learnt to communicate with the Vorox as well; Velika taught him. 

Surel: He chose to live in the mountains, unarmed, crippled and alone with only a pack of wolves for company. I suspect this is because Velika told him to. We weren't given enough information on Surel's character for me to guess what Velika might have promised him, but my guess is that Velika has him and his wolves watching over the Element Lords, the Valley of the Maze and other nearby locations, keeping him posted on any new developments. 

Atakus: For those of you who think he's just a glorified gate guard, you should really read his BS01 page. After the shattering, he led the Rock Agori for a time. Yes, he guarded the gates of Roxtus at one point as well, which means he got to see everyone who ever went in and out of the city. He also acted as a liaison between Tuma and the other villages, and he spent a lot of time with Stronius. He was very well connected, which makes him the perfect spy. He also worked closely with Metus when he started his bid for power. Building an army to conquer all of Bara Magna is a difficult job for just one person, so Velika had two of his agents working on it. At least, that's how it seems to me.

The only point where I'm undecided is Tajun. Tarix is too noble and honourable to be a spy, I think. Him being a Velika agent goes against everything that was established about his character in the past, and we know Greg doesn't like doing that. Kiina's obsession with other worlds struck me as too genuine to be a cover, and I again doubt that Greg would make one of Mata Nui's closest friends on Bara Magna be working for a GB. Plus she's expressed a lot of hate for the Great Beings, which I doubt she would show if she worked for one. I even doubt that it's Berix, since he was also close to Mata Nui, and most of his character development was about proving he wasn't a thief. I don't think Greg would go through so much effort to establish Berix to be a decent guy only to reveal that he was actually a snitch the whole time. So it's either a more minor character, or perhaps there was no spy in Tajun?

These are just my thoughts. There could well be more or less agents in different places than the ones I've mentioned. Has anyone asked Greg? Do you think he'll put all of our worries to rest and tell us who the agents were?

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

*snip*

Do you think he'll put all of our worries to rest and tell us who the agents were?

Not a chance.  ;)

But to be perfectly honest I doubt it. It's possible, but unlikely. Whether or not Bionicle 2015 is a continuation or a reboot, there are reasons for both not to continue to release information about what he planned for Bionicle after it ended. Or at least overly specific information. Think about it, we kind of already knew Velika had at least one agent: Kabrua. All Greg did was say how there might be more loyal to him across Bara-Magna, which is something not very difficult to assume. If he would ever continue the serials to reveal this, it probably wouldn't make a huge difference in that he has leaked this vague information. But asking him for specific characters other than ones we already know (Kabrua) probably won't get answered.

But it's worth a try anyway.  :P

I'd say Metus, and here's why: 

He wanted the Skrall to rule Bara Magna before, even though they were only just getting by in terms of their survival as a species. With this in mind, they would not have stood a chance against Velika when he came back, as they would still be taking the rest of the planet and not worrying about their infrastructure. Metus would have seen this as a surefire way for Velika to conquer.

I'd say Metus, and here's why: 

He wanted the Skrall to rule Bara Magna before, even though they were only just getting by in terms of their survival as a species. With this in mind, they would not have stood a chance against Velika when he came back, as they would still be taking the rest of the planet and not worrying about their infrastructure. Metus would have seen this as a surefire way for Velika to conquer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Velika was after the Skrall. He only had it out for the Matoran Universe inhabitants, because they already served their purpose. 

bZpOwEr

Going on the assumption that there was at least one agent in each village, each with a specific task, here are my candidates.

That does make sense in terms of what he'd need at the time of transition. But it could have its downsides. The more people know, the more likely the secret is to get out, and the more likely Angonce, etc. will find out. Just one leak, and the other Great Beings could decide to step in and spoil the plans.

Vastus: He's got a lot of guilt for his actions in the war, and Velika has likely promised him redemption. Makes sense to me. My guess is that his job was primarily to keep tabs on his home village, since it is mentioned on his BS01 page that he rarely leaves. This makes sense, since Tesara is one of the few fertile areas on all of Bara Magna, plus it has a steady water supply. Keeping one of his agents firmly in control of this region would be in Velika's best interests, I would think.

Interesting attempt to salvage the logic for him. I guess in light of multiple agents, it does make sense. But again, only if Vastus isn't told much (but same applies to Raanu so yeah). In that sense, Vastus' relative uselessness as "THE spy" fades away, because your premise here is there's at least one in each village (supported, by the way, by Greg's wording; he said agents plural). I guess his "local first" seeming behavior could be more of an act in that regard.

On the other hand, almost anybody can then get back on the list anyways. :P And I still think Velika would be more likely to go after unscrupulous characters for the most part. Raanu may be an exception because he is actually in charge, but I'm not sure the same strategy works in the separate villages, especially not for talented Glatorian who could oppose him once it became clear what he was like.

A lot of this depends on how Velika planned to seize power. His own thoughts in the unfinished serials (I forget which one... but I think TPTB) describe his plan as complex. He might try to seem like a good leader at first, perhaps seeking to establish a stronger security force in light of the murders, and gradually reveal his more evil ways, perhaps after training and indoctrinating new generations of Glatorian, and then kill the likes of Vastus later before they could become a threat. Vastus might go along with that at first. (As might others -- not much reason to single him out here IMO still.)

Malum: I think Malum may have been working for Velika as well. I don't know what h might have been doing for Velika before he went rogue, but I can guess why he went to go live with the Vorox. Picture this: Velika is talking to Kabrua one day, and Kabrua casually asks how the Bara Magna Vorox are faring. So Velika sends one of his agents to go find out. That might explain how Malum learnt to communicate with the Vorox as well; Velika taught him.

Makes sense up until the last bit, maybe. Depends on if the change happened to Kabrua too (I think it didn't, but unsure off top of head). If not, Velika would have no real way to know how to communicate with them, since the change happened post-Shattering, but maybe Kabrua's voice could go through and still be recognized and order the Vorox, on the authority of a trusted relative from before the Shattering, to not kill Malum, and let him learn their ways himself later. The Vorox can still understand speech, so that could work. (They can also still speak a simpler version of it, so they could actually teach Malum their own language anyways, whether or not Velika is involved.)

Surel: He chose to live in the mountains, unarmed, crippled and alone with only a pack of wolves for company. I suspect this is because Velika told him to. We weren't given enough information on Surel's character for me to guess what Velika might have promised him, but my guess is that Velika has him and his wolves watching over the Element Lords, the Valley of the Maze and other nearby locations, keeping him posted on any new developments.

Logical.

Atakus: For those of you who think he's just a glorified gate guard, you should really read his BS01 page. After the shattering, he led the Rock Agori for a time. Yes, he guarded the gates of Roxtus at one point as well, which means he got to see everyone who ever went in and out of the city.

Good points.

Although the second may be overstated. Usually, nobody would be going in and out but "just more Skrall". And seeing somebody of importance walk in a building isn't that impressive -- he doesn't know what they say -- can't know it since he's stuck at the door (at least not unless he gets it from somebody else, but if somebody else is more informed, they could be the spy, esp. Tuma or Stronius).

He also acted as a liaison between Tuma and the other villages

This to me isn't necessarily a strong point in his favor. It happened later, and that could simply be because most Skrall didn't want him around. Tuma honestly isn't interested in diplomacy. Admittedly that's clearer in recent years, but I doubt he ever was really. The idea of joining with the others to work together against the Baterra never seems to occur to him, until Metus forces such an alliance with himself alone on that. Tuma tolerates that, but I doubt he wanted even that at all.

So while Atakus was away from the others, it makes sense Tuma would salvage the situation and give him that task. It seems similar to how I interpreted the weapons thing above; a pat on the head and praise, when really they all know it's meant as an insult.

But that might not be super-relevant since it happened post-Shattering; maybe they didn't like his leadership for that duration enough and that was his punishment for a while or something like that. His leading the survivors of that fortress for a bit does at least evidence that he probably had some standing previously, perhaps due to a lack of actual experience yet. He might be a relative of an actual leader, perhaps, who people assumed would also make a good leader, but didn't.

I'm now picturing that Velika actually picked the relative, but during the attack there's a dying-breath handover to Atakus. :P Could happen... But not sure Velika would pick him himself. :shrugs:

and he spent a lot of time with Stronius

Yeah but notice it says Stronius tolerated him. This implies he has a personality people don't like much. On the other hand, that could happen for reasons I said for Berix being not trusted; maybe as a result of his being nosy as a result of that role. :shrugs: But Berix has an actual reason to pick him over that -- the lab. Not sure Atakus does other than "he's the only named Rock Agori we know." :P Which might be enough. :shrugs:

Anywho, I think what we should do is ask Greg these things:

1) Do all the agents know who it is they're informing?

2) How much do they know? Might he trick some people into being informants without telling them he intends to conquer, maybe just pretending to be a normal Great Being?

3) Do they all agree with his philosophy of an iron-fist type of ruler?

4) What about his willingness to use murder?

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

However, an error created a larger slide than they had predicted, and half the village was destroyed, resulting in the death of over one thousand mostly non-combatant Agori. This event tormented Vastus, and he began to feel guilt over his actions.

Velika wouldn't be bothered by such a thing really. Deaths along the way to the greater good are acceptable (including murders).

He also feels a Glatorian's first duty is to defend his own village - not only did he initially refuse to defend Vulcanus from Bone Hunters, but he also sent Gresh to fight in most arena matches outside of Tesara so he could remain with his village.

So he's into "local first" philosophy, the exact opposite of Velika's "I can haz tyranny?" view.

Vastus doesn't necessarily need to agree with Velika's philosophical views, as long as he's fine with the end result

Also:

1)

2)

2)

3)

Edited by ChroXumo

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

From a story aspect, I as an (amateur) writer, honestly think that Click (yes, I know this was a joke. But refuge in audacity is not a bad thing, if played right) and Vastus would be the best candidates. Click, who completely vanished into obscurity, after Teridax's death, had literally no real history, or legitimate details or personality. He was a cute little beetle who could transform into a really cool shield. And he saved Mata Nui's life, which was obviously in the best interest of all parties involved. Well, Velika's, atleast.

The reasons for Vastus have already been mentioned, but it would make a classic twist on the story, of course.

In addendum: After joining this forum two years ago, I can proudly say this is my first post. I'd forgotten my password, and soon thereafter, this website. YESTERDAY, after all this time, I finally remembered my password. And this website, of course. Still catching up, of course, but, that's natural.

Imagination is the new black gold. Guess that means I'm a billionaire.

Has anyone thought to ask Greg who the agents are?

If not, perhaps we should select the current top contenders and ask him if any of them are reporting to Velika. Since the present top three are Vastus, Atakus and Metus, we should start with them. I'll go do it now, actually. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Has anyone thought to ask Greg who the agents are?

If not, perhaps we should select the current top contenders and ask him if any of them are reporting to Velika. Since the present top three are Vastus, Atakus and Metus, we should start with them. I'll go do it now, actually. 

*uses emperor palpatine voice from episode three* DO IT, DO IT

What? This post has no relevance again? Aww, let's change that.

Do you think Velika would have any influence on other Great Beings? I doubt it but it's possible he convinced them he would be an able leader for them all and would spend his time ruling well while they could be free to invent. You guys think this could be a possibility?

• Upvote 1

(My apologies if this post isn't well written, I just woke up) 

I don't think that it is Vastus. 

He is too loyal of a Glatorian to feed Velika information about the going-ons of Bara Magna. He can be quoted saying that a Glatorian's duty is to his village, which proves that he wouldn't willingly give away information.

Even if Velika promised him a chance to redeem himself after the Core War, Vastus would be smart enough to know that he would be playing at his emotions. 

And, if he didn't reveal himself as a Great Being, he would still know that if someone wanted reports about his village from another planet, it would be too suspicious.

I honestly can't imagine Vastus being Velika's goon. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

From a story aspect, I as an (amateur) writer, honestly think that Click (yes, I know this was a joke. But refuge in audacity is not a bad thing, if played right) and Vastus would be the best candidates. Click, who completely vanished into obscurity, after Teridax's death, had literally no real history, or legitimate details or personality. He was a cute little beetle who could transform into a really cool shield. And he saved Mata Nui's life, which was obviously in the best interest of all parties involved. Well, Velika's, atleast.

The reasons for Vastus have already been mentioned, but it would make a classic twist on the story, of course.

In addendum: After joining this forum two years ago, I can proudly say this is my first post. I'd forgotten my password, and soon thereafter, this website. YESTERDAY, after all this time, I finally remembered my password. And this website, of course. Still catching up, of course, but, that's natural.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Click can be the informant. It reminds me a bit of Scabbers in Harry Potter. He is the pet of one of the main characters, not really being essential, but appearing several times during the story. He even is sided with when the cat Crookshanks (however you write thet name) tries to eat him. At that point everyone's 'oh, poor scabbers'. Bu at the end (SPOILER ALERT) he ends up being a fat man who gave away the hiding place of the Potters to Voldemort. 

Click would be similar. A cute bug, who saves Mata Nui's life every now and then (maybe Velika has plans for him?), and that instantaneously has the audience's favour in the movie. But, imagine suddently he has been informing Velika the whole time.

Of course, as the only informant, he wouldn't be very useful. As a bug, he can only inform on what he sees directly, although he could be using his fellow scarabaxes as helpers (after all, he could use them to create a large mounstruosity). And nobody stops talking when a scarabax enters the room.

Besides, as I said previously, maybe Velika has plans for Mata Nui when he arrives on Bara Magna, or maybe is really concerned because he thinks that Mata Nui may take control of Bara Magna in his absence, ending his plan before it starts. Thus, he would need information on what was Mata Nui doing.

And certainly, scarabax beetles run away from meteor explosions, except in the case they have a really good reason.

And Click has mechanical implants. That means that he was already alive when the GB's were ruling the planet, and he may have been outfitted with a communicator.

Besides, if Bionicle is coming back in 2015 (if our prayers are heard), some main enemy must be created. Velika is ideal: the agori, glatorian and MU inhabitants fight against extermination/subjugation. And to create the necessary situation of 'Velika is the embodiment of evil' to new fans, or fans that are not that deep into lore, he must be seen doing something purely evil, not only trying to assasinate people who only us old-guard fans know and love. And breaking a friendship between the main character and his pet/friend is a perfect way to transmit this.

And I repeat, to create this situation, you have to do something which can reach every bionicle fan. Most people think that the story ends with 'Mata Nui crushes Makuta's head against a lump of stone. The End'. No Velika trying to kill people, no people floating around in space, not even 'Velika is a GB'. So, they cannot see Velika as a terrible enemy. It's like you suddently reveal that the mastermind behind the Great Cataclysm was... Amaya the Flax-maker.

• Upvote 1

We already know why Velika wanted Mata Nui to survive. It's obvious, really. If Mata Nui and Makuta didn't complete their dual destiny and repair the planet, then there wouldn't have been any Spherus Magna for Velika to rule in the first place. 

I beg to differ-- Velika really mainly wanted rule of the MU inhabitants.  Besides, no one even live on Aqua Magna except pit prisoners, who are beyond rule, so why would Velika care about them?  If anything, I'd think Velika would want Mata Nui to succeed only to get rid of Makuta.  Then again, Makuta provide a nice big distraction, allowing Velika to carry out his plans in the shadows (until Mata Nui slams a rock into Makuta's head).

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

In other news, I think Greg has either overlooked or ignored my question on the Chat on LMB.