Bionicle: ANP (Audio-Narration-Project) Casting (Narrated Bionicle Boo

joev14

I assume you'll be adding music as well?

Yup! I'll add background music to most chapters (IE: Chapter 2 would have a Le-Koro theme, because it's Lewa in Le-Koro)

Edited by joev14

Very cool. I did a audiobook of some of the bionicle serials back in the day, and that was quite fun. I'll be more than happy to audition for a part. I'll send you a PM about that.

However, I do want to just warn you. One of the reason I never did the actual books was fear of copyright, or a C&D order. While my guess is that these books have been long out of print at this point that it may not really matter anymore, you may want to take the time and contact Lego (assuming you havn't already done so) and get permission. Or you can just do it and hope they turn a blind eye. Either way, its up to you.  ;) 
Anyway, I'll send you a PM. 

-SK

• Upvote 3

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

Auditions Acceptance for Chronicles: Tale of the Toa will be closing at 11:59 on Wednesday, Sept. 3rd Central Standard Time. Please get your forms sent in!

EDIT: If you have already PMed me with your skype name, you are already on the auditions list.

EDIT2: If you'd like to audition for characters in a future book, feel free to send me a PM as well!

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 1

Awesome! Can't wait to get it started!

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Casting update: 

Skullkid will be voicing Tahu, Pohatu, and Makuta/Teridax

Koji/Grey will be voicing Onua

Tahu Nuva 3.0 will be voicing Kopaka

Kanohi Zatth will be voicing Jala/Jaller

The only remaining roles necessary to be filled are Whenua, Onepu, and Gali. If you're interested, send in auditions forms to me via PM, thanks!

• Upvote 1

Casting Update:

VakamaMetruNui will be voicing Turaga Whenua (As well as Whenua Metru in the future), and Onepu! Casting for Book 1 is finished, I will be posting casting for book 2 soon!

Trailer is great! Can't wait to see, or rather hear, what the first chapter is gonna be like!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I need this in my life. I was actually searchig youtube for some bionicle audiobooks the other day

when is the first book estimated to release?

We'll be releasing them chapter-by-chapter. Recording has begun, but we haven't got any dates quite yet. Although, we hope to have the first book finished by the end of September.

Wow. I love this. All of the voices in the trailer seemed so perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys make.

Also, question: does Kopeke come into the books, at all?

Hmm? Why do I ask? Oh, no reason. No reason at all.

heh heh heh

• Upvote 2
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

An ambitious project to be sure. I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing the results. Are you going to be going through the books by release date then?

No surprise whatsoever that Eljay has a hand in this as Lewa. I'd also like to say that the voices lined up for Pohatu, Kopaka, and Gali are fantastic. Pretty much spot on with my head canon (although sometimes Kopaka did sound more like Steve Blum in my head...). My only concern is what seem to be some obvious issues with the playback quality. Granted, not everyone can afford a studio-level microphone, but I imagine something could probably be done in Audacity or somesuch to clean it up a bit.

Honestly, I'd be very interested in playing a part in all this. I just worry about having the time to do it in between school (that and what happens when one of the characters winds up with a MN accent? :P).

Takuma Nuva

• Upvote 2

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

So.. like, this isn't violating any kind of copyright policy?

Ok, cool!

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure then!

EDIT: Ok, Makuta's voice just sent me the chills! Awesome work on that Skullkid!

The Toa voices also sound great. This is going to a very good quality project.

Edited by Tattorack
  • Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Wow. I love this. All of the voices in the trailer seemed so perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys make.

Also, question: does Kopeke come into the books, at all?

Hmm? Why do I ask? Oh, no reason. No reason at all.

heh heh heh

He has a very short number of lines in Downfall. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in voicing him! :)

An ambitious project to be sure. I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing the results. Are you going to be going through the books by release date then?

No surprise whatsoever that Eljay has a hand in this as Lewa. I'd also like to say that the voices lined up for Pohatu, Kopaka, and Gali are fantastic. Pretty much spot on with my head canon (although sometimes Kopaka did sound more like Steve Blum in my head...). My only concern is what seem to be some obvious issues with the playback quality. Granted, not everyone can afford a studio-level microphone, but I imagine something could probably be done in Audacity or somesuch to clean it up a bit.

Honestly, I'd be very interested in playing a part in all this. I just worry about having the time to do it in between school (that and what happens when one of the characters winds up with a MN accent? :P).

Takuma Nuva

I'm from Minnesota ;) 

Ok, cool!

EDIT: Ok, Makuta's voice just sent me the chills! Awesome work on that Skullkid!

So long as we're not making money from it, I believe we are in the clear in terms of copyright laws. (Especially because the books are not being produced anymore).

And yes, Skullkid is a joy to have on the team :D

That Makuta voice is spot on. I'd like to hear Onua's voice reading a more normal line though.

You'll get a chance to hear Grey in action in Chapter 3!

• Upvote 1

But yeah, it's a legit line from the book and makes sense in context.

XD Seriously? From what one?

He has a very short number of lines in Downfall. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in voicing him! :)

Hmm, I might just do that.

But yeah, it's a legit line from the book and makes sense in context.

XD Seriously? From what one?

Chronicles 1.  He meets Onepu and tries to speak that way to him, thinking he might not speak the same language.

Oh yes, that's right, I remember that scene, now. XD

Ok, cool!

So long as we're not making money from it, I believe we are in the clear in terms of copyright laws. (Especially because the books are not being produced anymore).

That's not how copyright works. Though the internet as a whole seems to have this mentality that copyright only applies to money-making circumstances, it is incorrect. To site the books themselves (well, City of the Lost anyway; too lazy to find my books atm): "No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher." 

Though, to be fair, I wouldn't expect Scholastic to pursue copyright infringement on an out-of-print book that's not coming back into the print unless Bionicle gets VERY popular in the next few years.

(Edit: Fixed the second paragraph to make sense)

Edited by Lewa Krom
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Dang I'm torn on whether I should consider signing up for this or not. On the one hand this does seem really cool and interesting, on the other I got college and work. Oh choices.

Yah, college is a downer when it comes to projects like this.

If it helps, Joev is very good at working around our schedules. Not to mention, their are small parts that will need to be filled!

-SK

• Upvote 1

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

Dang I'm torn on whether I should consider signing up for this or not. On the one hand this does seem really cool and interesting, on the other I got college and work. Oh choices.

Yah, college is a downer when it comes to projects like this.

If it helps, Joev is very good at working around our schedules. Not to mention, their are small parts that will need to be filled!

-SK

That's good, hopefully I won't fall behind on homework. Figuring out who to voice is another matter though.

• Upvote 1

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb