6946 Rahi in Story?

http://brickset.com/sets/6946-1/Squid-Launcher-Function

Does this rahi have even a small story significance? It seems to not even have a name. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Fikou...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Because it focuses on promoting the function of the squid launcher, a story appearance would have likely been considered unnecessary by the story team, and thus I'd assume that none exists. These poly-bag sets were similar in that they were purely set-oriented, while leaving behind any potential for story significance.

That appears to be a small promotional set. I don't think any of those sets had any story significance until Klakk in 2008.

In the case of the Klakk, it was the first Bionicle set that was exclusively available through the Lego Brickmaster program, so it wasn't really groundbreaking in regards to storyline importance for promotional sets.

Edited by Azani
  • Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

So I'm guessing it is not even a real rahi then? For example, just some small sea rahi that lived in around Mahri Nui or something.

Oh well. I was gonna choose between this and the Fikou to buy, but since this thing doesn't even have story significance what-so-ever, I'll just buy the Fikou. 

I've never heard of it being used in-story in any way. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just a promo. The only polybag stuff I know that is canon is Fikou and Klakk. The others doing have any significance, like the "Good Guy" and "Bad Guy" bags

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Just a promo. The only polybag stuff I know that is canon is Fikou and Klakk. The others doing have any significance, like the "Good Guy" and "Bad Guy" bags

How about the one that suspiciously resembles Turaga Lhikan?

Still not technically canon, because Greg never saw it, so he's never approved it.

Click is another canon polybag set.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that's like one of those "good guy/bad guy" level promo sets that have no significance to Bionicle as a whole.

Then again, I wish they did canonize some of these guys. Give appearances to some as-of-now appearance-less Rahi and make the one Gold Good guy Turaga Lhikan. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg