Visorak Rubber Bands?

Infrared

I have a copy of all six Visorak, and all of them but Keelerak have thin yellow rubber bands that are now broken, while Keelerak has a thicker white one that's still fine. Based on some searching I know my Keelerak isn't a fluke and is supposed to have a different rubber band than the others, but does anybody know why TLG chose to do that?

According to most online inventories I can find, Keelerak indeed is supposed to have a yellow rubber band. His instructions confirm it. Only Peeron lists him with a white rubber band; probably an error.

I personally use those white ones on all my Visorak sets, and instead of those awful black ones on my 2001 Rahi. I recommend buying as much of the white ones as you can from Bricklink and replacing the yellows and blacks. (Everyone, remember I'm talking about rubber bands.)

• Upvote 5

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Huh. If only some of them came with a white rubber band that makes it even weirder, since would suggest an inventory issue, but I got Keelerak and Vohtarak at the same time and Vohtarak came with a yellow rubber band. :shrugs:

Master Inika, good call, I'll probably go ahead and replace them--I'm sure I have some extra white ones somewhere. Still lends the question of why they didn't just use white ones for all of them though; they're definitely more durable and they're pretty common so I doubt they're that expensive to produce.

Edited by Infrared

I have two Visorak, Keelererak, and the red one (forgot the name), and both came with the white rubber bands. I thought that lego ditched the black and yellow ones in 2003, due to their fragility?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Definitely use the white rubber bands those are a lot stronger than the original yellow ones, I have changed my Visorak rubber bands to the white ones and I think they work a lot better and will never break on me

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Most of mine have the white bands. Got lots of extra from the Bohrok sets to replace anything as well

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Just checked my Visorak and only my Keelerak has the white band... That is really weird; don't think I ever noticed it before.

That was the last time the old style rubber bands were used I believe... The inconsistency probably stems from their production being done during the phasing out period. But why only Keelerak is a good question.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

As far as I know and remember, there were two "variants" of the Visorak: one release had colored canisters and came with the more durable, white rubber bands, and the other had standard black canisters for each Visorak, and these came with the crappier yellow bands. I remember seeing both variants in stores, but I tended to pick the latter ones, because the softer bands allowed their pincers to be activated more easily. Then of course the bands started breaking off, thankfully I had enough bands from the colored-canister variants to replace them.

May be misremembering some details, but I recall seeing the same Visorak sets being sold both in black canisters and in their respective colors.