Artei, Toa of sonics

Artei, toa of sonics.

One of the few toa left from a distant island in the south of the MU. Originally there were six village fortresses, called Zille, on the island… But a devastatingly powerful group of radicals wiped out all but one, the Zille of sonics. De-Zille was saved from destruction due to its inaccessability, being on the island’s highest mountain (De-matoran like their peace and quiet), and housed refugees from all over the island.

Artei was one of four (and a half) Toa that protected De-Zille, and as a toa of sonics, can control and absorb sound waves.

Mask: great Miru, mask of levitation.

Toa tools: two vibro batons, he can use to
-channel his sonic power,
-cut through anything by vibrating its molecules at a different frequency,
-hooks on the hilt used to climb the walls of De-Zille.
His armour is his greatest toa tool. Features a deep bass cannon in the chest, air displacement valve on his back, his shoulder armour can face forward to create precise blasts of white noise or, in conjuntion with his Great Miru, face back to be used as an air displacement jetpack. he also has an audio chip on his neck, reducing involuntary sensitivity to sound.

He is now migrated to spherus magna, and goes by the name Tei-De-Zille, to honor the home he fought so hard to save

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho2_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho4_250.jpg

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho5_250.jpg

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho6_250.jpg

tumblr_nbdacnjLRe1sxjngho7_250.jpg

• Upvote 6

tumblr_negcprE6MH1sxjngho1_500.png

Whatever that chest armour piece is, it looks awesome. I also like the fact that he's dual-wielding dagger versions of Krakua's vibration blade.

Edited by Jam Pot

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

This is an amazing looking MOC. Like Jam Pot said, the chest piece is great. He looks solid all around, very tough, and even has a Sonics-exclusive weapon. I like how those shoulder pads can be positioned as wing/thruster things or cannons (though I think the cannon arrangement looks a little silly), and the back is fantastic. He wouldn't look quite right without it.

Excellent work.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The Lehvak-Kal shields and the Stringer piece for the chest armour work really well here and really define Artei's element. I like the posability of the Lehvak-Kal shields for your character bio purposes, too.

The weapons are standard but fit well and are reminiscent of Krakua's, and the colour scheme works perfectly.

Overall Artei is a very awesome Toa :)

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Really digging this! That mask really adds to the aerodynamic motif. Nice color scheme, good use of the light blue accents without overdoing it (you could add a bit more if you wanted, but it works as is). Torso is well sculpted, and the arms are sleek too. The legs have a nice bulk to them. I personally like legs limbs that avoid using the traditional leg pieces, but you've managed to add a few extra elements to tweak them slightly.

Solid stuff!

This is one of those MOCs that, though each limb piece isn't 20 different pieces, it still looks amazing. You used a lot of pieces to great effect in such a small space. I really like the colors too. The blue from the eyes and heart light really stick out from the mask and armor.

Is that really the silver Miru from '01? I swear the actual one doesn't look half that good.

Impressive! That torso is just great. If you don't mind my asking, can you post some instructions? Or at least an interior view of it? I'd like to try something similar. :)

As Click said, you managed to make it look great on such a moderate scale. How tall is he compared to some of the sets?

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Wow! This is a great MOC, which surprises me because it isn't terribly ingenious or complex, but it is one of those simpler models that is just stunning. It may be a bit clunky, but that is consistent over the whole MOC, so it works! The eye color - beautiful. The mask! Love it. And finally some biography (or bio-mecha-graphy :P ) that doesn't drone on about nonsense but actually contributes to the appreciation of the design! The armor (particularly the chest piece) is superb, the neck connection is cool, the weapons are nice - but imagine a trans light blue stud at the end of each blade! The only other suggestion I have is to try to spread more gunmetal around, switching silver out for gunmetal versions on the lower arm and thigh etc. just for consistency of color.

Awesome work!

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 1 month later...

This is one of those MOCs that, though each limb piece isn't 20 different pieces, it still looks amazing. You used a lot of pieces to great effect in such a small space. I really like the colors too. The blue from the eyes and heart light really stick out from the mask and armor.

Is that really the silver Miru from '01? I swear the actual one doesn't look half that good.

It is a silver one spray painted silver, as it used to have a weird green tint to it...

It was also to make it match the other silver.

Insert things here.

First one to guess who my brother is gets a cookie  :ahhh:

Wow this is truly an awesome MOC. I love the building techniques used here! I only wish I had the heart to tear apart my models to build stuff like this  :P

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I really love this guy, particularly teh shoulder pads and the ingenuity of that chest armor. The shoulder pads are so much cool. They look like they don't even transform, which IMO is what all things going for the transforming multifunction stuff should do. They look like a perfect part of the MOC in all three positions. I also like how you did the legs. It looks great for a De-Toa, and I like the greebled look you have going. I cannot say I'm a fan of the way the batons are attached, but that's probably just personal preference. :)

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 2 weeks later...