Click

Wow, haven't contributed much to this forum in a long time. Recently, I decided it was time to take some pictures of some old space ships I've designed and just had sitting on my shelf for years. I figured it was time to see what I've built with actual Lego bricks. From oldest to newest:

Macro-GARC: "The Tub"

15162065365_693f6dbeb8_m.jpg

^More info and pictures on Flickr^

"The Tub" is just one ship of the racing fleet of the Zane family. It's built tough and fast for use in the high-risk outer-rim races where there are no rules.

(Built 2007)

Republic E-Wing Fighter

14975547787_05e1f60a94_m.jpg

The E-Wing was built as a fast-attack Jedi Starfighter, with heavy, sensitive Delta Cannons that can tear apart cargo ships in minutes. As such, it was swiftly decommissioned by the Jedi Council.

(Built 2008)

Ensign Comet

14975461489_ba9584b2e0_m.jpg

A single-seat starcraft built for speed and comfort. As such, it is often used by space pirates in raids.

(Built 2011)

Please comment, critique, and especially enjoy!

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

It's funny, because the Tub is actually my oldest one. Despite my saying I revamped it, it really didn't change much overall, and has a very simple interior. I just fixed some colors (there was blue, sand purple, more light grey, white, black, etc.), reinforced some areas (the wedges on the engines), and added the beams on the cockpit (they don't look great, but I really wanted to add in my original cockpit idea). I'm glad you like it though!

• 1 month later...

I'll break this post up for the three different ships.

The Tub

The tub is my favorite of the three. The front looks a little weird because there is only one orange slope. Other than that, the rest of the color scheme works. It looks fairly fast and I can see it zooming back and forth through the air. The access for the pilot seat is kind of cool. Most ships would just have the windshield pop up to open. This is the first time I've seen the whole cockpit drop down.

Republic E-Wing Fighter

The color scheme on this one is pretty nice. It doesn't seem like it's quite as finished as the Tub though. Just having that plain white section in the middle of the back seems weird. The front section looks good though, it looks pretty sleek.

The Ensign Comet

This one looks good, although the color scheme is kind of plain. I'm not a big fan of the white and light grey. I like how the rest of it looks though. Using the round pieces as part of the hull is an interesting parts usage.

Overall I think you did a pretty good job on these. Thanks for sharing.

signoff2.png

I'll break this post up for the three different ships.

The Tub

The tub is my favorite of the three. The front looks a little weird because there is only one orange slope. Other than that, the rest of the color scheme works. It looks fairly fast and I can see it zooming back and forth through the air. The access for the pilot seat is kind of cool. Most ships would just have the windshield pop up to open. This is the first time I've seen the whole cockpit drop down.

Republic E-Wing Fighter

The color scheme on this one is pretty nice. It doesn't seem like it's quite as finished as the Tub though. Just having that plain white section in the middle of the back seems weird. The front section looks good though, it looks pretty sleek.

The Ensign Comet

This one looks good, although the color scheme is kind of plain. I'm not a big fan of the white and light grey. I like how the rest of it looks though. Using the round pieces as part of the hull is an interesting parts usage.

Overall I think you did a pretty good job on these. Thanks for sharing.

signoff2.png

Thanks! I looked everywhere for just one more orange slope, but couldn't find one, and hoped it would look like dual-colored racing stripes. The cockpit idea was how I always played with it when I had it off the shelf. The canopy is stuck in there pretty tight, so I always had to snap off the bottom (with appropriate wooshing noises :P ). Once I rebuilt it, I tried to find a way to implement this without having to break the ship (too much). I'm pretty happy with it. :D

The E-Wing is pretty bulky and unwieldy. I just had those trans-neon yellow fins and wanted to use them as engines, and the rest of it ended up a bit boxier than I would have hoped.

For the Comet, I figured most ships were pretty bland, and that justified it (plus, those were the colors I had the most parts most accessible at the time). I'm still proud of how smooth it looks though. Not entirely sure what I was thinking when I attached the wings though.

All these are absolutely fantastic! Really aesthetically well built and very creative!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...