BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

Hearing Bionicle return is music to my ears! Brings back a lot of childhood memories. 

To be honest, after LEGO discontinued the line, I fell out of BIONICLE/Hero Factory and its storyline. But now that BIONICLE's returning, I might give it a shot once again. =D 

Hopefully, we can soon experience literal Bionicle music again!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

You could always check Youtube for some of the old stuff.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Ohohohoho yes! I am a bit afraid, though. Lately Bionicle has been focusing on a more "kid-friendly" environment, what if the BIONICLE we expect next year isn't received well? What if it's not what we expected it to be?

But I do hope that LEGO brings back the more complicated building structures, like the ones from the Exo-Toa or the Muaka. We could really use those now.

Retired Po-Koro Trader

ZpPVLQ.jpg

This is great news after all these years, my favorite toyline is back! This is probably the main reason I never have another Power Ranger toy since kindergarten which I did had a PR toy at that time but never knew what happened to it. Anyways, I stopped collecting old BIONICLE sets as well building some from spare parts bought from online sites back in late 2012. As well, I stopped buying certain LEGO sets last summer. But still, if LEGO show some promising sets... there goes my wallet.

...I missed being a kid. :(

Edited by Kamen Rider Metus

This is great news after all these years, my favorite toyline is back! This is probably the main reason I never have another Power Ranger toy since kindergarten which I did had a PR toy at that time but never knew what happened to it. Anyways, I stopped collecting old BIONICLE sets as well building some from spare parts bought from online sites back in late 2012. As well, I stopped buying certain LEGO sets last summer. But still, if LEGO show some promising sets... there goes my wallet.

...I missed being a kid. :(

Everyone misses being a kid.

• Upvote 1

So, I had a bit of a thought (uh-oh). What if the part of the new storyline being either a continuation or a hard reboot is left ambiguous? Like leave just enough familiar so that we old fans could debate over if it's a continuation or not and new fans would be like "hey, I get the story as it is, I don't care. This is just amazing!" Just throw out a story and leave it for the fans to decide.

• Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png

So, I had a bit of a thought (uh-oh). What if the part of the new storyline being either a continuation or a hard reboot is left ambiguous? Like leave just enough familiar so that we old fans could debate over if it's a continuation or not and new fans would be like "hey, I get the story as it is, I don't care. This is just amazing!" Just throw out a story and leave it for the fans to decide.

I don't think LEGO would do that. Bionicle has always been a theme with direction, if LEGO wanted to bring back a theme known for its epic and complex story, then they're not going to remove the one thing that made it big.

Bionicle for 2015.

I like this idea. I've been hoping for a continuation where it doesn't actually matter that it's a continuation, so working in a little ambiguity could be cool. 

Nevermind what I posted here since the source was a joke and I didn't notice that

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm just staring at the pile of ash that used to be my wallet. And grinning.

That sounds like a demonic ritual to summon Vezon. Me gusta.

No no no, the demonic ritual to summon Vezon invloves removing your spine and fusing yourself to a spider, while spouting random quotes and acting like Deadpool.

• Upvote 5

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I'm just staring at the pile of ash that used to be my wallet. And grinning.

That sounds like a demonic ritual to summon Vezon. Me gusta.

No no no, the demonic ritual to summon Vezon invloves removing your spine and fusing yourself to a spider, while spouting random quotes and acting like Deadpool.

Oh right, the other one was for Hakann. My bad.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't believe that it has finalyl come to this moment after 4 years. Can't wait to see what they reveal today at the Comic Con!

“They call them ruins … but they’re full of treasure, if you know where to look.” - Tarduk

arena_banner.jpg

"Where are we going? Why are we going? Are we going at all, or just sailing in a big circle? Or is it a spiral? I went down a spiral once: a big stone tunnel that went down and down and down, and ended in Zyglak. Whoever built it had no decorating sense at all."
— Vezon, Destiny War

I really can't believe that it has finalyl come to this moment after 4 years. Can't wait to see what they reveal today at the Comic Con!

Try to wait a little harder. The reveal's tomorrow. :P

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Shouldn't we close this topic and forward all further discussion to the Official B2015 topic?  In all honesty, I'm surprised we haven't yet.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.