OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Interesting MoT lore, but that doesn't make the G1 Vahi the G2 MoT's bottom.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

On its own, it of course doesn't. In combination with the other hints, like the reoccurring Vahis, it gives a small implication that it might be that. 

And you know what ? I think they'll probably stick with that. Small and little hints that hint to something more, but leave tons of room for imagination. A connection doesn't even need to imply that G2 is a continuation of G1. G2 doesn't need to be an alternate timeline, a future or whatever the people can come up with of G1. It simply means that both "universes" ( due lack of a better word) have something that can "connect". Like two halves of a mask forming a bigger mask.

If this is what Lego is doing, focussing on G2's own story ( which it has and which it will be even if there's a connection at all ) but dropping subtle hints and clues that might lead to a small connection if you're interested in following those clues, then I must say it's brilliant. These little things are so easily ignorable for those who don't want to be reminded of G1 in G2, but form a base for imagination for those who do. If you ask me, that's a perfect compromise and pretty much allows for a lot of creativity and imagination; which is what Lego stands for. That's why I dislike it if people go,run around and stomp everything that hints at a connection in the ground. Because it actually takes away that imagination and creativity in my eyes. 

I myself don't want G2 to be a continuation of either sort. I'd be disappointed if the current characters turn out to be the same as the ones of G1 ( which is luckily nowhere implied ).  I want G2 to be its own story. Have its own legends and stories. But if they're connected in a "grander scheme" in a way that each "universe/reboot/generation" has a piece of big puzzle that you can complete; then I'm all for it. It would be cool in my eyes. Because each story would still be its own story but there would be something that "unites them all" so to speak :P

Of course, like I said, all these little hints and things are very easily ignorable. They are easy to brush of as mere easter-eggs, they're not important to G2's own story. So if you're not looking for that, you simply don't need to do anything to ignore it. Perfect comprise in my eyes.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

One observation: the Tahu mask with question mark silhouette (presumably representing the "true" Mask of Time's "bottom half") is very reminiscent of the Vahi silhouette on 2001 mask checklists.

"Placeholder mask", right?

But what if that really is the outline of the "lower half of the Mask of Time", like how the 2001 checklist really did show the outline of the "upper half of the Mask of Time"?

And wouldn't it be amazing if it is later revealed that the missing "lower half" of the true Mask of Time is the "transparent Tahu mask" given out at NYCC (at the same time as the first hints released of the Vahi having a G2 counterpart) and has been under our noses all along? :P

First prototype mask of the generation; originally intended for Tahu; seems familiar... ;)

Edit: Wait, why are people talking about the bottom half of the Mask of Time maybe being the Vahi? Surely we know the top half is the Vahi from what is shown in the graphic novel.

Edited by Votuko
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Posted this elsewhere, but felt it would be fitting to post it here as the year ends. My thoughts on 2015 as a whole and the future of Bionicle G2:

Picked up Slicer and Warrior today. I'm close! Just Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder and I will have completed my first full wave of Bionicle sets (2010 doesn't count lol). It was a lot of money spent but honestly so worth it. I'll probably only collect one or two sets per year from here on out (2016 isn't as enticing to me) but I am glad to have been on the 2015 hype train all the way till the end of the year. Bionicle is back for a new generation and although I may no longer follow it as extensively as I have in the past, this reboot has been extraordinarily special to the fans around the world and I can honestly put it down as a highlight of 2015 and maybe my life in general. Here's hoping for success for the new Bionicle in the coming year and beyond!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

So after having my Skull Warrior set sitting in its box for the last four months, I finally decided to build it last night. It is the final Bionicle 2015 set that I haven't built up to that point, but now I can say I've built them all.

As for Skull Warrior, it's an alright set IMO. I like the skeletal look it has, plus its crossbow looks amazing. I also like that it has claws on his feet to help balance it while it holds said crossbow. The trans blue pieces on it don't hurt either. 

But it's still not the most exciting set out of the 2015 sets. I don't regret getting it by any means, but I just don't think it standouts as much as some of the other sets.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hey, guys? The Mask of Time being only half a mask has been proven true, and thusly canon. It says so in Gathering of the Toa.

Qoute: "According to ancient legends, the Mask of Time is actually a fragment of a larger mask: It is the upper half that completes the true Mask of Time."

Also it has been confirmed true that the temple of time MAY be a gateway to other places, including distant worlds, and across time and space.

Quote: "The Protectors also believe that the temple mystically connects Okoto with other places, including distant worlds, across time and space."

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

As BIONICLE 2015 is drawing to a close, I thought that I should share my thoughts:

Sets:  The Toa Masters are, quite simply, the best Toa we've ever gotten (I'm not including 2016, those might be better).  The gear functions, added with the cool weapons and masks made these sets insanely good.  The Protectors are fantastic small sets.  Combining poseability with some awesome designs, and tons of parts, they were fitting small sets for the return of BIONICLE.  Ekimu took the Protector build to a whole other level when he added the gearbox.  He may be one of the best small sets of the year.  The Skull Creatures (including LoSS) are all unique.  I love the skeletal aesthetic, the cool masks, and the awesome functions.  They really were great sets to kick off villains in G2. :)

Story:  While some people complain that we didn't get good storytelling, I am thrilled with the animations and the books.  You can actually see Okoto through the animations and Graphic Novel, which really reminds me of the Bohrok/Bohrok-Kal online animations and the classic comics.  The animation style is superb.  I'm also satisfied with the books (I haven't read the 2nd book yet).  I'm excited for more BIONICLE books.

Summary:  Overall, BIONICLE 2015 was a worthy launch to BIONICLE Generation 2, and it may actually be my favorite year of BIONICLE to date.

I'm super excited for BIONICLE 2016.  I think it may even top 2015!  Happy New Year, everybody! :D ^_^

~Daler

It's been a good year.

Guess the only reason anyone will have to come back to this thread after tonight is to talk about the 2015 sets being better than sets in years to come...?

They did it last time. They'll do it again.

bZpOwEr

Guess the only reason anyone will have to come back to this thread after tonight is to talk about the 2015 sets being better than sets in years to come...?

I am going to have to disagree with you on that.  I LOVED the 2015 sets, but I am actually liking the 2016 sets a little bit more. ^_^

~Daler

• 3 weeks later...

I found a Skull Basher on clearance for half price at Target. Picked it up, he's better than I expected. Only really looks decent from the front, but he's very cool. Makes me want to buy some other skulls...

I bought two Skull Bashers for 6$ each last week. I WIN.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.