OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I hated Hapka's books, I really really really do. The only fun parts to read from any BIONICLE books she ever wrote, were the 'final boss' moments. I had to force my self to read those, and I never even bothered with the MoL novelization. If the new writer is anywhere as bad as her, I give up. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The MoL novelization was not written by Hapka.

Edit: thhat was a sillly misttake, Eviddently it was wrritten by GF.  I was wrong.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Hapka was awesome, I reread the Chronicles books for years and years. I thought Adventures as kinda dry with the exception of Time Trap. Legends was pretty thrilling, never really had complaints about Greg.

I'm really curious as to what the books will be like with a brand new writer. Will they focus on being descriptive, or will we be getting a stronger focus on action? What'll the dialogue be like? How will it be paced? How will it feel? :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Greg was good at what he did, in my opinion. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The MoL novelization was not written by Hapka.

What do you mean? The script it was based off was not for sure, but she did write the novelization. 

And I liked both Hapka and Greg's novels. Of course, Greg's work was more informative and delved deeper into the lore due to him being a major part of the story team, and it retained a good stylistic flair so I prefer his novels. Hapka's were also very fun reads with good characterization and writing, plus it was cool to see a third-party writer treating the series. 

I have high hopes for whoever writes the next book series for sure.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

What do you mean? The script it was based off was not for sure, but she did write the novelization.

Noted and edited.  I was wrong.

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I have a question for people who went to Comic-Con and saw the sets:

Lewa and the Jungle Protector have yellow armour pieces on them; could you verify if these are Keetorange or Evo yellow please?

I haven't gone, but I am sure they are Evo yellow.

From what I understand, it is actually Keetorange; but I also didn't attend, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Lewa and the Jungle Protector have yellow armour pieces on them; could you verify if these are Keetorange or Evo yellow please?

I heard the TTV people say it was Keetorange, but not the ones who were there; rather, the ones who were there told the ones who weren't, I think.  Or maybe it was just an assumption before NYCC?

They're Keetorange (Flame Yellowish Orange). Or at least, Lewa's shells are for sure, and the beams and shells of the Protector of Jungle probably are as well. I can't claim 100% certainty with the latter because only the Protector of Fire, the six Toa, and Lord of Skull Spiders were shown at NYCC or the LEGO store event afterwards.

I quite like Keetorange as a color. It's bright, but not too bright so it can be used naturally without it standing out a lot. I don't hate it on Lewa, but I was hoping for a different color like Lime to differentiate him more from Tahu/Pohatu's warm colors.

I still don't understand why people call "Keetorange" "Keet-ORANGE" ... it's yellow. Yes, it has a golden/orange tint, but it's pretty yellow. 

I hate being color-blind. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I still don't understand why people call "Keetorange" "Keet-ORANGE" ... it's yellow. Yes, it has a golden/orange tint, but it's pretty yellow. 

It's called that because it first appeared in 2005 in the "Keetongu" set (for Bionicle anyway).

He was confused about the "orange" part, not the "Keet-" part.

Anyway, the official name for the color is Flame Yellowish Orange, and the Bricklink name is Bright Light Orange, so it's not just BIONICLE fans who consider it an orange color. I agree that viewed independently, it looks more yellow than orange, though in sets and MOCs its appearance depends in part on what colors you use it alongside.

Also, the shared letters between "Orange" and "Keetongu" make for a better pun.

• Upvote 4

Its sort of a mix between the two. I hate when in real life if Im describing something that colour I'll go to say Keetorange before realising people wont have a single clue what Im on about.

• Upvote 2

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

On a different topic - doesn't the Skull-Spider's mask/head/body look allot like Makuta's mask? Just me?

#TeridaxSpiderFormConfirmed

I think he means the reboot Makuta, not Good Ol' Terry.

Shame. Goodbye Terry, we love you.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

No you're 100% the only one, no one could see that :P

Anyway for real now, way I believe we all see that and it is odd that Pohatu is the only one who had that but maybe the next wave will have another like that as well.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Anyway for real now, way I believe we all see that and it is odd that Pohatu is the only one who had that but maybe the next wave will have another like that as well.

It makes sense for him in particular though. A skull scorpion would relate to his environment (the desert) the most so it's the only set that makes sense to have it (except the protector of stone. Is his a skull scorpion too?)

It makes sense for him in particular though. A skull scorpion would relate to his environment (the desert) the most so it's the only set that makes sense to have it (except the protector of stone. Is his a skull scorpion too?)

I'm checking that now.

EDIT: Yes, it is.

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

TTV Lewa review. I'm very impressed. I love the bright green and that gear box design is extremely tight. Compared to Tahu... wow, Tahu is actually quite a bit more sizable than Lewa.

-NotS

The gearbox design is so tight because they built it wrong. There shouldn't be any eight-tooth gears adding friction behind the neck. The fact that small gears in the center of the gearbox would collide with the neck joint is the very reason why he and Kopaka have their eight-tooth gears built into their shoulders instead — the designers didn't just randomly decide that Lewa's axes and Kopaka's spear needed more friction than the massive weapons of Gali or Tahu.

There are some other build errors too. The most minor error is that the eight-tooth gears are the old design and the wrong color. The talon piece on the back is also attached incorrectly, but this does not affect the proportions. More importantly, the way the talon pieces on the shoulders are attached is wrong, which DOES significantly affect the look since they are pushed further back and spread further apart than on the actual set.

All things considered, I am not pleased that TTV chose to review the set without a more detailed error check beforehand. Even just counting the pieces and comparing it with the piece count from the original press release would have told them that they had at least six pieces too many and that they needed to go back and make corrections. I respect TTV for their major role in keeping the community informed, but considering that role, they really ought to show some greater responsibility for the accuracy of their reporting. I am getting a bit fed up with having to correct misinformation that originated with them.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

^ Oh man... Okay, nevermind.

At least I can say the colours look good though...? Also I am not too fond of the limitations on head posebility, that is an issue I think that is at least accurately shown.

-NotS

Well, the head will definitely be able to tilt further back without those gears right behind it.

They should be excused a bit... It's not like they had instructions.

• Upvote 2

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

They should be excused a bit... It's not like they had instructions.

...weren't they rather close to a display case that had all six sets in it at the time of building it?

And if they truly had no way of knowing if they had built it correctly, that's all the more reason not to do a set review for it. It embodies TTV's biggest issue: charging ahead with something, even if they aren't sure it's correct, because to them, being first to report something is more important than reporting it correctly.

• Upvote 11

The description:

"UPDATE: Lewa's head movement is much better than is portrayed in this review. This is due to the fact that the retail set does not contain the additional gears found behind his neck, freeing up the head's posability.

This version of the set was built with at the New York Comic Con VIP Party mimicking the version on display at the event through personal experience and various pictures taken afterwards.

As such, this particular set was not packaged, and does not include instructions. Some parts of the build may be slightly different from the retail version, but we are very confident in it's accuracy.

Any differences are very minor and hold no effect over the build as a whole and minus these few instances this is a fully completed set. An updated review for the retail version will be made come January with the launch of 'Eljay's Recent Reviews'.

We were given full permission to upload this video."

• Upvote 4

...that really doesn't do much to answer the issue of reviewing a set you don't know if you built correctly. Any difference from the actual set is now imprinted in the minds of those who watched the video as absolute truth until they actually get the set and realize that TTV, in fact, didn't care enough to make sure their set was accurate before charging ahead to be the first person to review the set.

They're like people who "FIRST" youtube videos, right down to not caring about the quality of what they have to say.

EDIT: Okay, this comes off as a little rude and confrontational. My point is, I don't want people defending TTV for bad journalism when they're, you know, a news source. Journalism is their job, so to speak. I think they may even get money to do it. A bit of journalistic integrity would not be amiss.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 9

Ah yes. Another classic debate on the credibility of TTV. This is what I call quality entertainment.  :popcorn:

Anyway, they did say that they were going to do an updated version later on, however I do agree that they should have waited a wee bit longer.

I myself have not seen any examples of TTV being rushed in their actions other than this. And even this is over something as minor as the grearbox build.

In other words, I believe that they did commit an unreasonable move here, however it's not as bad as you are making it out to be. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr