OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Yeah reproduction!
The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations from father to son along with the Prophecy of Heroes, 

I guess everything else on the story is pretty standard-fair (doesn't reveal much else), but I love the animation style and the MNOG reference and also the Skull Spiders are looking pretty Visorak-like. xD

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

With reproduction and the less mechanical style of CCBS, I wonder how heavily these characters are going to be stressed as part robot, if at all.

I feel now that the largest source of media/storytelling for Bionicle is going to be those animations. I love the look of them, and hope that they live up to my expectations.

• Upvote 3

Well I'm having no luck gathering any info from the updated site, but this info you all are talking about sounds very interesting. I must say that I'll be disappointed if all of the Protectors are male, however - if their genders are more ambiguous (or just not so one-sided) that'd be wicked.

Well "The silver subspecies of the skull spiders is the fastest. They strike with a lightning speed that makes even Gali impressed."

Found it on a link from episode two; Silver Skull Spider :P

Found the Blue one;

"The blue skull spiders are some tough critters. They have been known to survive incredible things. Such as a falling Onua."

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I actually would love the idea that there's a Daughter that flies in the face of tradition and inherits the mask, even if it's a little tropey.

It's a good trope.

Eh. I would prefer it if they didnt make such a big deal of genders in it. I think there should be a couple of female protectors in the mix and not really much said about it.

• Upvote 6

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well "The silver subspecies of the skull spiders is the fastest. They strike with a lightning speed that makes even Gali impressed."

Found the Blue one;

"The blue skull spiders are some tough critters. They have been known to survive incredible things. Such as a falling Onua."

Its odd that the Link for the Sliver Skull Spider is on the episode two and not found in the character section of the site. I would've never seen it if you hadn't pointed it out, so thanks for that. :)

As for Onua falling on a Blue Skull Spider, episode one does state that the Toa 'rained upon Okoto.' So Onua must've hit one on his way down. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 4

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Whoa! I have seen flaws everywhere! Gali appearing as kopaka, missing names, the links take you to wrong places, the description of the region of fire is the description of the protector of fire, all the webs for the regions are named 'region of jungle'...

AND THE WORD TOA IS EVERYWHERE! WOHOOOOO!

No mother-to-daughter mask inheritance? Seems like a recipe for more "sexism". :P Either that or the girls work for their masks. :) Rebellion!

I feel like "father-to-son" is just a way of saying it is passed down generations that appeals to the boy demographic, not necessarily trying to be sexist or anything. I want to say Lego doesn't get gender neutral terms like "parent-to-child" but I guess it doesn't have that same vibe to it (considering father-to-son is kind of a cliche saying). 

With reproduction and the less mechanical style of CCBS, I wonder how heavily these characters are going to be stressed as part robot, if at all.

I feel now that the largest source of media/storytelling for Bionicle is going to be those animations. I love the look of them, and hope that they live up to my expectations.

Indeed, I wonder if the Toa are even organic themselves. And the animations look fantastic.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Something interesting to note is the following, "Tahu hears the prophecy of heroes and sets out to face his destiny", looks like the three virtues might be coming back. Something else to note is that (what I assume) is the protector of fire carries a staff like the old turaga Vakama. 

Destiny is a common concept that has even been used in Lego themes like Ninjago before. I don't think it's necessarily confirmation that they're coming back.

The other bit of news interests me. He also wears a cloak. Perhaps the set protectors aren't the exact same characters as the Village elders? The only thing I can see the refute this is the elder's masks, which are shown/said to be different from the rest of the villagers (visually in terms of color) and are the ones used in the sets.

Found the Blue one;

In some of the Comic Con slide show pictures, there were other colors like red in the cartoon. Perhaps those will show up set-wise with their own powers? I'd love to see it.

If you wear a skull spider, do you get its powers? If so, Kopaka can have X-ray vision again!

Same with Pohatu and speed!

That would be real cool!

I wish Lego had used a more gender neutral term for the job of the Protectors being passed down. There's no reason for it to be specifically limited to males...

I wish Lego had used a more gender neutral term for the job of the Protectors being passed down. There's no reason for it to be specifically limited to males...

I know some people are going to loathe every fiber of my being for saying this, but I'd rather all the Protectors be male than having the Protector of Water female. 

bZpOwEr

I know some people are going to loathe every fiber of my being for saying this, but I'd rather all the Protectors be male than having the Protector of Water female. 

No one should hate you for an opinion, unless it directly intends to be rude and awful for no other reason than to be just that. I don't believe you're trying to be directly sexist, so I don't loathe your fibers. :P

I'd rather we get maybe two female protectors to even things out some. I understand consistency is a big deal for a lot of people and they don't just want females thrown in just to have females, but having female characters can add variety among the characters and make things just more interesting (if not for the purposes of equality). Having more than one female makes this a little better in my eyes, so there's not just one thrown in to be there, and they're not stuffed in excessively simply to make a statement on gender equality.

Edited by Banana Gunz

In some of the Comic Con slide show pictures, there were other colors like red in the cartoon. Perhaps those will show up set-wise with their own powers? I'd love to see it.

I sincerely hope so, the red Skull Spiders also show up in a few of the comics (there's a link to one from each Toas' page).

Fingers crossed for red-SSs in wave 2 :)

edit: I was a bit misleading; doesn't appear to be anywhere which has all the comics together.

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

So, evidently, someone found a recording of a preview for the new Webisodes that was put on BIONICLE.com, then taken down.  Am I allowed to link to the video?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I don't really think it matters since none of the protectors have names.

Eh, true. It does have less of an impact, but gender is still noticeable especially with the character voices that we're going to be getting in the animations. It can still affect the character, even if the names don't.

Something interesting to note is the following, "Tahu hears the prophecy of heroes and sets out to face his destiny", looks like the three virtues might be coming back. Something else to note is that (what I assume) is the protector of fire carries a staff like the old turaga Vakama. 

Destiny is a common concept that has even been used in Lego themes like Ninjago before. I don't think it's necessarily confirmation that they're coming back.

The other bit of news interests me. He also wears a cloak. Perhaps the set protectors aren't the exact same characters as the Village elders? The only thing I can see the refute this is the elder's masks, which are shown/said to be different from the rest of the villagers (visually in terms of color) and are the ones used in the sets.

Found the Blue one;

If you wear a skull spider, do you get its powers? If so, Kopaka can have X-ray vision again!

Same with Pohatu and speed!

That would be real cool!

What if the red skull spiders have shielding abilities? :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Anyone think the sets will be up during Black Friday? I want all six Toa but I'm in Alaska and I don't know if we have them yet.

Also, I hope one of the Protectors is Female. I think the Water Protector is, but I don't know.

I highly doubt any sets be available to purchase during Black Friday. They are suppose to become available on January 1, 2015. But if any stores decide to release them early, it will probably be around Christmas time.

I also hope at least one or more of the Protectors is female. We'll just have to wait for now until Lego reveals their genders.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That's pretty awesome. The sequence of the Toa crashing is always pretty epic.

Noticed a couple of interesting things there I hadn't realized before. Seems Pohatu was meant to have blue eyes (like his Protector) initially--and it seems that only the Protectors have blended masks. So I guess that's how we differentiate between them and regular villagers--the latter have solid masks.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Tahu use Fire Balls

Lewa use Jungle Axe

Gali use Go Fish

:P

Ya I agree with Blueblur, I hope they don't do that like what they did in the Mask of Light movie...    and hope no one have the power of teleportation like Jaller :P

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Why is it there are only five people in the world who can pronounce Lewa right?

Haha I've since gotten used to Leewah

I've always said Leewah. It sounds more natural (to me at least) than "Lay-wah" (assuming that's the way you say it :P). But hey, it's a reboot so maybe things have changed lol

Anyway I'm liking the new trailer. I prefer the Toa crashing into Okoto like meteors rather than landing up dismantled in canisters. And the Protectors basically are like the Turaga... I wonder if that means we'll be getting another McDonald's promotion for the "Matoran"? :P

• Upvote 2

Ya I agree with Blueblur, I hope they don't do that like what they did in the Mask of Light movie...

WIND FLY! 

I wonder if that means we'll be getting another McDonald's promotion for the "Matoran"? :P

It means that I might start to question my vegetarianism, and McDonald's is going to get a lot of phone calls from parents complaining that their kids can't assemble the set. 

bZpOwEr

Why is it there are only five people in the world who can pronounce Lewa right?

LEGO names are usually made to be able to be pronounced in more than one way for convenience. Just because someone says it differently than you doesn't mean they're wrong.

Tahu use Fire Balls

Lewa use Jungle Axe

Gali use Go Fish

:P

Ya I agree with Blueblur, I hope they don't do that like what they did in the Mask of Light movie...    and hope no one have the power of teleportation like Jaller :P

I thought Kapura was the one who seemingly teleported... :P

Also, Kalhiki on Eurobricks took some screenshots of that Masks of Power trailer. Apparently, Tahu does in fact take off his red mask before putting on his golden one, so that might mean the end of putting masks on top of masks like in the Mask of Light movie and in the Legends of Metru Nui movie. Kalhiki has also taken some screenshots from the video.

And this one is very interesting. Fire Pohatu becomes the new Spinjitzu Master of Earth, (or rather, Stone?), and now Tahu is the Spinjitzu Master of Fire. Bionicle/Ninjago crossover confirmed!!! :P  :P  :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations

I wonder if this means the protectors all have control over the elements or if this is referring to just the elemental masks the Toa are supposed to find?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

The bios for the Protectors on the website imply that the masks they wear are unique in that they have elemental powers.

How the Protectors can manifest them (if at all) seems to be still unknown.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert