OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

actually, to me, the new face looks kinda ugly...

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Both are better than staring into the Creme de Void

Why did you just post a picture of a bicycle helmet? 

I'm going to assume you're joking, but if you're not, that's the 2006 Inika heads, used on all the Toa Inika with the Inika rubber masks as a sort of test. I think they were originally planned to be glow-in-the-dark, but that unfortunately never came to be.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

actually, to me, the new face looks kinda ugly...

And this didn't? :P

The Mata Nui Matoran faces aren't ugly...they're just misunderstood! 

I don't like all the gaps across the piece, and the lack of eye colour is also annoying. I'm fairly sure that ideally the Matoran sets would've used the same head and coloured eye pieces as the Toa and Turaga; I think the one-piece head was a necessary evil due to the limit on the number of parts imposed by the McDonald's promotion.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I don't like all the gaps across the piece, and the lack of eye colour is also annoying. I'm fairly sure that ideally the Matoran sets would've used the same head and coloured eye pieces as the Toa and Turaga; I think the one-piece head was a necessary evil due to the limit on the number of parts imposed by the McDonald's promotion.

There's also McDonald's ever tightening size restrictions - they give the toys with food so they don't want to be liable for kids mistaking toys for food. The Tohunga head is really chunky to discourage swallowing, and probably gappy to provide means of breathing should the piece become lodged in a child's throat. Today, though, even that piece wouldn't fly. They tend to stick with single-piece toys now, like what we got in 2006-08.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Anyone see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_fmrK6CJTY

It's a "hidden" (not so hidden anymore) trailer that another group of Bionicle Fans found on Bionicle.com within the last few days. I'll say what they said, "if you have any doubt about the new Bionicle's story/tone/presentation, this video should hopefully change your mind.

Me personally, the music is amazing (as a musician, I love that), but also I really like the animation style; it really feels like The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra (at least it does to me).

Check it out!

• Upvote 6

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Do you think I'll be able to get the sets in time for christmas day?

I sure hope. I bet once we go into December (probably the 2nd week of the month), theres a high chance we can start hearing something about them.

Anyways having just recently built Tahu Master of Fire with official instructions from the Bionicle website, I cannot wait any longer to get the rest of the Masters! 

Do you think I'll be able to get the sets in time for christmas day?

I sure hope. I bet once we go into December (probably the 2nd week of the month), theres a high chance we can start hearing something about them.

Anyways having just recently built Tahu Master of Fire with official instructions from the Bionicle website, I cannot wait any longer to get the rest of the Masters! 

Yeah, I agree. I've had experiences walking into Toys R Us and being completely surprised that they're already out so early. Lots of toy stores just make mistakes like that...

I was just browsing old BIONICLE.com character bios and I found something a bit interesting on Turaga Vakama's 2001 bio page (the archived version is badly broken, but by viewing the page source you can still read the bio text): "Turaga Vakama is the holder of the Great Firestaff and protector of Tahu's legend." Every Turaga's 2001 bio describes them similarly as the "protector" of their Toa's legend (although it didn't use "Protector" as a title).

Now that we know the Protectors hand down not just their ancestral masks but the Prophecy of Heroes from generation to generation, the term "Protector" starts to make a lot more sense to describe their role as village chieftains. They are charged not just with protecting the village, but also the village's legends and traditions.

I can't wait until we learn more about the Protectors' personalities. Back in the original BIONICLE storyline, we got a lot of info about the Turaga that we never actually ended up seeing, like how Matau was a lover of practical jokes. Obviously I don't expect the Protectors to play as big a role in the new story as the Toa do, but hopefully when we do see them, some of their actions will define them as individuals and not just as generic elders/sages.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Ask your parents permission before going online.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

To veer the conversation back on topic, does anyone else want to see new cgi videos for Bionicle? The new animation style is ok, but it's still growing on me. I initially was not at all happy with it. I really, really liked the cgi videos from gen1. I really hope that every promotional video isn't in the cartoon-y format of this new animation style. I don't mind some of it in the new format but I do NOT want it to be in every promotional video. If we ever get a tv show I would want it to be cgi like Ninjago and Legends of Chima is, not mixel-onicle.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Why does everyone compare it to Mixels? Its only similarities are bold, black outlines, bright colors, and flash tweening. That describes half of cartooning these days.

CGI 100% based on the sets would be so much more boring than this expressive style. I could see it used in commercials, where they want to show off the sets (though I'd imagine they'd simultaneously want to advertise the webisodes considering they would help convince kids to buy the sets) but I don't see it as a necessity or in any way better than the style we have now.

I've noticed a trend of CGI slowly phasing out 2D animation (though it's reversed a bit with the rise of cartoons like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls), and I can't say I understand why people would think one is inherently superior to the other. They each have their applications that highlight their strengths (I couldn't imagine Steven Universe feeling the same as a 3D animated show) and I really feel like Bionicle's choice to use a dynamic, expressive 2D style over a 1:1 CGI style is an excellent thing.

• Upvote 3

I've always been fond of the Ghost CGI animation, but I'm fine with the new style as well.  Love me some Samurai Jack vibes.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Mask of Light and Legend of Metru Nui both made masks FAR more face-like than the animated portrayal, in which the mask itself hardly changes and the eyes are used almost exclusively to show emotion. If that caused any problems, it's news to me.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Expressions are one thing. But when you have Tahu using his mask as his face then we have problems. It's a MASK, not his face. What happened when the kid takes the mask off and sees the head? Then they'll get confused.

I agree with you on the first part, but I think that the fact that the mask only covers half the face will be enough for kids. 

bZpOwEr