OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

the Green....

I don't have a answer for that, but I do know how a Nova Blast of the Green would be. I added it to the trivia on BS01 but it was removed soon after because someone thought it was too obvious.

* If a Toa of The Green were to unleash a Nova Blast it would cause a huge burst of growth all over the area, so that everything would be tangled in vines and bushes.<ref>[https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/10750061/highlight/true#M247053 Chat with Greg Farshtey], 5. August 2014</ref>

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Huh, interesting to know what a Nova Blast of Plantlife would be like.

Of course, this isn't exactly related to Jungle, since that seems to also include air powers, so it's likely we'll still see blasts of air used.

That said, I find the name "Jungle" a little weird. It makes sense, I guess? But "Jungle" isn't really an "element" so much as a biome. It'd be like if Kopaka were Master of Tundra, or Gali were Master of Ocean. It makes sense in a way, but at the same time it doesn't really feel like an element.

• Upvote 4

Well I suppose we feel the same way now. You think Jungle is a weird name, I think Plantlife is inaccurate since the element in G1 is the Green.

But aren't you contradicting some previous points you made on other topics. You said Kopaka could be a Toa of Snow (though he was jokingly refered to as a Toa of Snow and Slush once), or Tahu a Toa of Flame.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Well I suppose we feel the same way now. You think Jungle is a weird name, I think Plantlife is inaccurate since the element in G1 is the Green.

But aren't you contradicting some previous points you made on other topics. You said Kopaka could be a Toa of Snow (though he was jokingly refered to as a Toa of Snow and Slush once), or Tahu a Toa of Flame.

That's not actually equivalent at all. I think Jungle is logically inconsistent with element names, you think a logically inconsistent element name should be preserved because it's canon.

"Snow" and "Flame" still have a feeling of essential element to them. If they were "Tundra" or "Volcano", it would feel different.

• Upvote 2

Is there even fire in volcanos?

Just pointing out, it would actually make more sense if the Green and Jungle were swapped between generations, so G1 Plantlife is Jungle, and G2 Jungle is the Green. Why? Because G2 Jungle can be used to control air too (Or so it appears) therefore "The Green" would make more sense because the other two possible names (Jungle and Plantlife) don't encompass the control of air, whereas "The Green" more implies that they can control green stuff, which (Seeing as I've been mentally conditioned by Bionicle to associate green with air :P) makes more sense to me.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

Ta-Matoran should live in the opposite of heaven, since that is associated with fire.

Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't lava burn? I dunno, I'm no volcano expert.

Yes, but burning isn't necessarily a feature exclusive to fire. You can burn yourself on hot water, for instance.

No you can't. You can scald yourself on hot water, but you can't burn yourself.

Webster defines combustion as 'the act or instance of burning'. 

Fire is another word for combustion, so fire means that something is being burnt. 

bZpOwEr

Yes, but burning isn't necessarily a feature exclusive to fire. You can burn yourself on hot water, for instance.

No you can't. You can scald yourself on hot water, but you can't burn yourself.

...what's the distinction between "scalding" and "burning"? I've always heard the resulting injury described as a "burn", so is there some meaningful distinction between the two?

How about a sun-burn.....

...My mind is being blown.

Now I know why Combustion Man is from the Fire Nation.

• Upvote 1

Any one of you gonna display your new sets in a special way? Like i dunno put them in a plastic case? Or just the simple shelf? 

Since I'm buying all of them, I've been brainstorming recently on how I can make enough shelf space to put them all on the same level. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

A few questions about bio2015: (I've not been keeping track of the news much lately)

Why is Lewas element plantlife now? Why does his mask look like hordika Matau?

Why do all the Toa have gold or grey?

Why does Tahu have a beard? (Or perhaps an enlarged jaw?)

That is Gali, right?

Why do the "matoran" all look like clones?

Those are some well armed elders! Chainguns!

Is the head with legs the new baddy of 2015?

I mean like can't fire burn on lava? Lava burns in general, but I'm not sure if fire directly burns on top of it.

See here: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2002/02_06_06.html

Lava can, however, cause fire. In that sense, the two words are sometimes intertwined. The fire caused by the Mother's Day lava flow at Kilauea is an example. The fire owes its start to hot lava igniting vegetation. The lava didn't need a fire to get going, but the fire needed the lava's heat.

The Pu`u `O`o eruption has caused many fires in the past 19 years, some fairly large but most of them small. The Kupukupu Fire, the name given by Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park to the fire ignited by the Mother's Day lava flow, is the largest of the eruption, burning more than 1,480 hectares (3,660 acres) by June 4. But it is only the latest fire of the eruption. Each time lava enters even the tiniest vegetated kipuka, a fire is generated.

A few questions about bio2015: (I've not been keeping track of the news much lately)

1 Why is Lewas element plantlife now? Why does his mask look like hordika Matau?

2 Why do all the Toa have gold or grey?

3 Why does Tahu have a beard? (Or perhaps an enlarged jaw?)

4 That is Gali, right?

5 Why do the "matoran" all look like clones?

6 Is the head with legs the new baddy of 2015?

1:Lego changed it because people associate green with jungle.  He still controls air, though, as well as jungle, or so the new website implies...

2: no one knows yet

3: see previous answer

4: yes

5:because they all have the same mask.  I don't know why

6: if you mean the spider, that's Lord of Skull Spiders, and yes.  But maybe not the main bad guy.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

1 Why is Lewas element plantlife now? Why does his mask look like hordika Matau?

2 Why do all the Toa have gold or grey?

3 Why does Tahu have a beard? (Or perhaps an enlarged jaw?)

4 That is Gali, right?

5 Why do the "matoran" all look like clones?

6 Is the head with legs the new baddy of 2015?

1:Lego changed it because people associate green with jungle.  He still controls air, though, as well as jungle, or so the new website implies...

2: no one knows yet

3: see previous answer

4: yes

5:because they all have the same mask.  I don't know why

6: if you mean the spider, that's Lord of Skull Spiders, and yes.  But maybe not the main bad guy.

So lewa has two elements now? Um, ok?

It's TLR all over again, with tons of Berix and Tarduks running around.

He's a spider? Huh. I though he was a walking face.

Combustion is the chemical reaction resulting in flame that requires a fuel, a source of ignition, and oxygen. Fire itself is a plasma, a gas so hot that it glows. A burn, however, is just an injury, which doesn't even have to be caused by heat. For example, you can have a chemical burn. But burning can sometimes refer to combustion.

I hope this clears up any confusion, now back on topic.

I kind of like the fact that they have "Jungle" as the element that replaced air. I used to think that Lewa could control plant-life, since he used vines to capture the ash-bear in the movie.

EDIT: This is my 1000th post! Wooo!

Edited by TuragaOfVirtues
  • Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

The fact that so many great references can be crammed into this video without breaking the fourth wall is hilarious and ingenious.

• Upvote 4

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Why is Lewas element plantlife now? Why does his mask look like hordika Matau?

Why do all the Toa have gold or grey?

Why does Tahu have a beard? (Or perhaps an enlarged jaw?)

That is Gali, right?

Why do the "matoran" all look like clones?

Is the head with legs the new baddy of 2015?

1. Because kids associated green more with jungle than with air. He will have both powers. His mask looks like it does because it was redesigned, same as all the others.

2. The Toa have gold and silver because gold and silver are cool colors. The larger ($20) Toa also probably use gold to help better justify their increased price point (since they're not that much bigger than the other Toa, just better armored).

3. See answer 1. His mask looks like it does because it was redesigned, same as all the others.

4. Yes, it is Gali. Her mask takes cues from her original mask (triangular "mouth-hole", visor) as well as her Nuva mask (head fins), while adding more feminine touches (less square jaw). Her weapon also has some similarities to Gali Nuva's Aqua Axes.

5. The Protectors (which serve a role more akin to the Turaga than the Matoran) all have the same mask because they are special ceremonial masks passed down by the Protectors of each tribe. Apart from their masks, they are less "like clones" than any other Matoran save the Voya Nui Matoran—all of them have unique builds.

6. Being in charge has its perks. ;)

7. Yes, the spider (which, like all spiders, is more than just a head with legs) is a new villain. It's probably not the main villain, though—just the leader of the smaller Skull Spiders.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Any one of you gonna display your new sets in a special way? Like i dunno put them in a plastic case? Or just the simple shelf? 

I actually haven't thought about that. I'll probably just leave whatever I end up getting in my room for a while before making room on my closet shelves to store them. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png