OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Wow... those sold out fast... this bodes well for BIONICLE's return.

• Upvote 3

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Wow... those sold out fast... this bodes well for BIONICLE's return.

Hey look, Lord of Skull Spiders is still available! And yes, it does bode well for Bionicle's return. I haven't seen Lego sets selling out so fast since the Lego Ninjago Lloyd ZX spinner that kept selling out and sold for $40 and up on Ebay. Ended up buying it from ToysRUs for only $10 since it was in stock.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Ok so I like the animations more than I had initially thought. The narrator however is terrible at doing character voices. Kopaka, Pohatu and the PoF are his most distinct but with the others I honestly think he could do a lot better. I am disappointed by the lack of separate voice actors for the characters but it is not unexpected. I love that the Vahi is hidden everywhere and I hope we will see more about the journey to find the masks. To those who are also concerned by the speed at which the Toa gained the golden masks, I think these are just overviews of what is to come and not meant to demonstrate what is occurring at this very point in time. I would hope that is what the videos will demonstrate over the course of the year. 

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Ya, I know the finding of those golden mask would be longer then what they had showed and much harder to get...    but if it was that fast and easy to find the golden mask, then just think how easy it would be the find the Mask of Creation and Mask of Control.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I believe that it took longer for the Toa to find their masks. The reason the quest went by so fast? Well, these animations seem to be from the perspective of someone recounting a story, so maybe the narrator didn't recount the search in its entirety.

Edited by Collector1

Man those animations are really nice! Very high-quality, great style and really catchy, epic music. Love the humour as well, and the animation itself really helps add to those moments as well as making the action a lot more dynamic. The Skull Spiders kind of gross me out (too many of one thing clustered gives me the creeps) and the Toa and Protectors are great all around. I laughed out loud when the Protector of Fire took off his robe to reveal how manly he really is xD

Narration was alright, honestly some of the attempts at changing his voice were kind of grating. Also really liked the story of the Toa being time-travelers, and I think it adds some credence to the G1 connection theory. Vahi easter-eggs were really nicely hidden (especially in episode 3)!

Also Ekimu is dead? And kid Protector is so wubbable.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I liked these. I've always been fond of the simpler Clone Wars/Samurai Jack/TF:A animation styles, and this is just perfect. Interesting to see the ways the simplified mask designs work in actual movement.

Yeah, I was skeptical at first but it really does look great and even better in motion. I'm glad they decided to go with this format.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Alright, let's let that particular conversation drop, shall we?

On a lighter note, if anyone's interested, I've taken the liberty of grabbing the videos directly from the LEGO site.  They're fairly high bitrate and 720p, so if anyone's interested in good-quality screencaps from them (for example, here's Ekimu's funeral), I'd be happy to make them.  There'll still be some artifacting (especially in high-motion scenes), but that's unavoidable.

Would you be able to make a screencap of each of the Toa?

Sorry for the wait!

• Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Kinda neat, but probably not important: in this picture (credit to GSR for grabbing it) the "scorpion tail" statues sort of resemble the shape of Makuta's mask.

Unlike the Vahis, that is probably just an easter egg. Unless they've been hiding Makuta masks in all the animations as well... :P

This one: 

WOO-HOOOO!!! Bionicle is back!!! B-)  :D

• Upvote 4

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I liked these. I've always been fond of the simpler Clone Wars/Samurai Jack/TF:A animation styles, and this is just perfect. Interesting to see the ways the simplified mask designs work in actual movement.

Oh no, please tell me g2 bionicle is not going to be like tf:a. I hated that show!

• Upvote 1

There was though, it just wasn't spoken.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

This one: 

Here is the original video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcbyezMVFs

Also includes Toa clips without narration.

WHOA! That's going to be useful for sure! Anyone want to try doing their own voice-over for Gali? :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Its odd that they look so much like the sets, bionicle ads are usually more stylized, with the sets themselves appearing only at the end/gimmick display.

Stylized? Don't know what you're talking about... the ads for the sets themselves have pretty much always used actual CGI renders of the sets (albeit with the older sets having posability which the actual sets lacked). This ad isn't at all out of the ordinary in that respect.

I do appreciate that it uses the same music as the story animations. Even though it's not the most iconic theme music (I much prefer Ninjago's), using it consistently across media does help to give the new Bionicle theme a distinct sound.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Stylized? Don't know what you're talking about... the ads for the sets themselves have pretty much always used actual CGI renders of the sets (albeit with the older sets having posability which the actual sets lacked). This ad isn't at all out of the ordinary in that respect.

I think what might have struck Salvus here (and I noticed it too) is that the CGI characters actually aren't as stylized as we're used to. In a lot of CGI videos and images from the days of BIONICLE, the characters would be given scratches and wear to make them look less like plastic toys and more like "real" metal warriors (in a manner of speaking). In this advert, they are as smooth and clean as the sets themselves, which makes them feel more toy-like.

On another note, some classic BIONICLE CGI adverts often invoked joints in areas where the sets lacked them, such as the waists and hips. The greater articulation of these newer sets meant the animators here didn't need to do that, but it goes without saying that this makes the animated characters more closely resemble the toys they're based on.

• Upvote 8

The old ads used cg Toa pulling themselves together. The set never actually appeared in the ad.

Maybe for one or two right at the beginning, but almost if not every single ad showed the set at the end or during the ad.  Otherwise it isn't really good advertising.

(The "Toa assembling themselves" bit stopped being a main story point almost immediately.)

OpAXNpl.jpg

Am I the only one here who's wondering if the unforgettable logo will return?

Also, does anyone think that the MoUP might be related to the G2 Mask of Time?

Maybe the MoUP is secretly the G2 mask of time?

What logo? The current one looks fine, even better in my opinion.

I'd love to see that happen, though it would be unfortunate if the mask that controls time takes control of you when you try to wear it. :P

Speaking of which, what do you guys think the Mask of Ultimate Power even does? The Mask of Creation obviously has creation powers, and the Mask of Control has controlling powers... but what exactly is "Ultimate Power"? Control over all 6 elements? Control over every power in the entire universe combined? Control over shadows and evil bad guy stuff? Control over Time?

• Upvote 1

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.