OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Woah, news! That picture looks menacing... and awesome!

Also, the 2nd Bionicle book has gotten a title: "Revenge of the Skull Spiders". FYI.

More news! Cool title.

Hey just to let you guys know the second graphic novel has been listed, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Skull-Spiders-LEGO-Bionicle-ebook/dp/B00YD46B52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433477658&sr=8-1&keywords=bionicle+revenge+of+the+skull+spiders&pebp=1433477667766&perid=06TBSRJGHNKGMT21N1VB

Also the synopsis suggests this tells the events of the webisodes, but this is the second book... So does the mean the first book is all about the history of Okoto? 

OH BABY A TRIPLE

Looks more like a generic description to me.

-NotS

OH YEAH

But seriously, this is awesome. ^_^

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

When she became "a bad set"...

and a man  :D

Same goes for me.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So maybe the Skull Villians can combine with the Toa?

No but they DO have REAL combiners. I think three of them combine to form a three headed skull villain.

Yup. Skull Warrior, Slicer, and Basher combine into a three-headed villain. Skull Scorpio and Skull Grinder also have a combi model.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

No but they DO have REAL combiners. I think three of them combine to form a three headed skull villain.

Yup. Skull Warrior, Slicer, and Basher combine into a three-headed villain. Skull Scorpio and Skull Grinder also have a combi model.

I must have missed this, where/when did we get to see the new combiner models?

• Upvote 3

Hail Denmark

I must have missed this, where/when did we get to see the new combiner models?
We haven't seen them, but some of the set bios from retail sites included information about them.

EDIT: Here's an article about it, courtesy of TTV.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Where are the pics?

We haven't seen them, but some of the set bios from retail sites included information about them.

What I find interesting is the referring to the new mask design as 'bull skull' mask. Does this mean the horns are part of the mask (in-story) and not the reanimated corpse? Also, I suddenly like Skull Scorpio a lot more with the implication that it isn't one corpse, but two or three (or more?) that have been forced together by the power of whatever being created the mask it wears. That tail isn't a tail, but a pair of arms locked together to wield the blades while the mutated torso crawls on multiple joined ribs, frantically grabbing at intruders with what remains of its own arms.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Where are the pics?

What I find interesting is the referring to the new mask design as 'bull skull' mask. Does this mean the horns are part of the mask (in-story) and not the reanimated corpse? Also, I suddenly like Skull Scorpio a lot more with the implication that it isn't one corpse, but two or three (or more?) that have been forced together by the power of whatever being created the mask it wears. That tail isn't a tail, but a pair of arms locked together to wield the blades while the mutated torso crawls on multiple joined ribs, frantically grabbing at intruders with what remains of its own arms.

I had kind of gotten that impression from Skull Scorpio even before we had bios. Its humanoid head and ribcage give it a very Kafka-esque look that helps to compensate for its limited poseability and awkward anatomy.

Personally, what I found most interesting about those bios is the implication in Skull Slicer's bio that Skull Spiders can control dead hosts as easily as live ones. It helps to elevate their creepy factor—not only can they control the villagers of Okoto, but they could potentially make them have to face their fallen ancestors and loved ones as well.

• Upvote 4

Where are the pics?

I had kind of gotten that impression from Skull Scorpio even before we had bios. Its humanoid head and ribcage give it a very Kafka-esque look that helps to compensate for its limited poseability and awkward anatomy.

Personally, what I found most interesting about those bios is the implication in Skull Slicer's bio that Skull Spiders can control dead hosts as easily as live ones. It helps to elevate their creepy factor—not only can they control the villagers of Okoto, but they could potentially make them have to face their fallen ancestors and loved ones as well.

With the news that it upgrades Skull Grinder, I might get one after all. I was already planning on getting the Ekimu set just for the MoCr, so getting a bigger, badder, villain might just be worth it.

And these combo models might actually have an in-story role, with the Skull Masks' corpse hosts being mashed together for greater size and power against the elemental heroes.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Wait, the Chir brothers got their hands on the trans-blue mask of water? We need a pic of Gali wearing it. NOW.

Alright, if you insist...

17551733524_a0efd45f66.jpg

Personally, I'm not sure how well it suits her color scheme—the Trans. Blue was a better match for the original set's Bright Blue than it is for the new set's Dark Azur and Trans. Light Blue. It looks okay, but not good enough that I'd want to keep her like this.

I think it looks cool.  Like you know, something different.

• Upvote 3

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Wait, the Chir brothers got their hands on the trans-blue mask of water? We need a pic of Gali wearing it. NOW.

Personally, I'm not sure how well it suits her color scheme—the Trans. Blue was a better match for the original set's Bright Blue than it is for the new set's Dark Azur and Trans. Light Blue. It looks okay, but not good enough that I'd want to keep her like this.

I THINK IT LOOKS COOL. LIKE YOU KNOW, SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Whenever I read your posts I hear a voice in my head screaming what you've typed...

But in all seriousness that mask is super hype.

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 4

|

I think it looks cool.  Like you know, something different.

Now I think those two balls should be covered...

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

My idea was that Makuta did make the MoUP, but only so he could stop his power-hungry brother. He uses the mask, but it takes control of him, digging deep within Makuta to find his deepest desire; to stop his brother. They fight, and Makuta defeats Ekimu, sealing him away. In remorse for the destruction he caused, Makuta seals both himself and Ekimu away so that no one would ever find the mask again.

I like that thought a lot, but it still leaves the whole mask question unanswered. Also, I wonder if they'll introduce the concept of shadow/darkness as an element? Perhaps instead of the MoUP giving the user control over all of the elements, it instead created a NEW element due to its unstable nature. I mean, all of those elements searching for a dominant hold might result in the creation of a new element. This would explain why the mask itself cloaked Makuta in shadow. Does anyone else think that the whole increase in size might be a nod to how the original Makuta was formless? What if the MoUP took away Makuta's physical form and instead replaced it with an energized state of being? Maybe Makuta has currently taken on the form of a certain giant spider. This might also be why the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders exists. Makuta's original mask was the Mask of Control, perhaps after the battle with Ekimu he forged this new mask as a short-term replacement and then took on the form of LoSS, controlling an army of Skull Spiders and searching for all of the important masks for some type of nefarious purpose related to gaining even more power.

I think I mentioned that some months ago in this topic as well as others that maybe the MoUP mutated Makuta into the Lord of Skull Spiders due to his transforming state and pallet swap of Black and red matching those of the LoSS. So "Welcome to the club there Heroic! Glad to have you on board."

17904770444_f0ff0f3987_o.jpg

Yeah this Poster is really cool though I have to question the logic of having Gali be the big bad guy when you are expressing the Skull Spiders you'd think a shadowy version of the Golden Skull Spider would make a better choice. Also not sure why Pohatu and the PoS have the light swords(Not using the correct term on purpose) as it seems that either Tahu and PoF would make better candidates I think. Also gave you your 11th Upvote because that is still an epic poster and if there was a Star Wars Bionicle spoof crossover that would so have to be the poster.

Hey just to let you guys know the second graphic novel has been listed, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Skull-Spiders-LEGO-Bionicle-ebook/dp/B00YD46B52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433477658&sr=8-1&keywords=bionicle+revenge+of+the+skull+spiders&pebp=1433477667766&perid=06TBSRJGHNKGMT21N1VB

Also the synopsis suggests this tells the events of the webisodes, but this is the second book... So does the mean the first book is all about the history of Okoto?

Hey as long as it is not an "Ode to Tahu" like the first part of the animations have been I don't really care what part of the stories they depict. Pre-history? Great I'm down to learning a bit more about Okoto's past and maybe how they formed the island. Second one traveling on the Toa's journey to get their masks and combat the Lord of Skull Spiders? Great just keep Tahu either out of it or in an equal part to that of the other Toa. Though what I'd personally like even more could be personal novels for each Toa. Lets give some love to Onua and let him star in his own book. Same with the other Toa...
  • Upvote 4

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

OMG. On the topic of the bull horns- If you flick those horns by this much, that mask is flying off.

Isn't that the reason that, despite the myths, the vikings didn't have horns on their helmets? They'd work as great handles to just yank it off, I hope Pohatu does something like that for one of the skull villains.

• Upvote 3

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

They'd have to be flicked upwards though, so that makes it a bit more difficult.  Also makes it so charging horns-first won't necessarily knock his mask off, at least not any more than ramming any current set's head forward would.

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

I like that thought a lot, but it still leaves the whole mask question unanswered. Also, I wonder if they'll introduce the concept of shadow/darkness as an element? Perhaps instead of the MoUP giving the user control over all of the elements, it instead created a NEW element due to its unstable nature. I mean, all of those elements searching for a dominant hold might result in the creation of a new element. This would explain why the mask itself cloaked Makuta in shadow. Does anyone else think that the whole increase in size might be a nod to how the original Makuta was formless? What if the MoUP took away Makuta's physical form and instead replaced it with an energized state of being? Maybe Makuta has currently taken on the form of a certain giant spider. This might also be why the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders exists. Makuta's original mask was the Mask of Control, perhaps after the battle with Ekimu he forged this new mask as a short-term replacement and then took on the form of LoSS, controlling an army of Skull Spiders and searching for all of the important masks for some type of nefarious purpose related to gaining even more power.

I think I mentioned that some months ago in this topic as well as others that maybe the MoUP mutated Makuta into the Lord of Skull Spiders due to his transforming state and pallet swap of Black and red matching those of the LoSS. So "Welcome to the club there Heroic! Glad to have you on board."

I wonder if Makuta crafted the Golden Skull Spider Mask after Ekimu was knocked out, then shape shifted into LoSS. Where do all of these pedestals and masks come from anyway? My brain is craving for answers. 

Also, if Makuta's style of mask were the Skull Spider masks, no wonder everyone liked Ekimu's better. Makuta might have had malicious intents before even thinking about creating the MoUP. Perhaps the Skull Spider Masks served as a mind control receiver that Makuta's Mask of Control could tap into and use? After Makuta put on the Mask of Ultimate Power, all of his skull shaped masks were turned into living creatures. He found it hard to control them after losing the MoUP, so he made a mask similar to the now lost Mask of Control specifically so he could order them around as an army. This mask was the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders. However, Makuta doesn't have the strength he did during the few moments he wore the MoUP, so to make everything easier on him he simply shape-shifts into LoSS. This reduces the strain on his body and allows him to continue searching for the mask without feeling so drained. I think without the MoUP Makuta goes through terrible withdrawals and feels fatigued in his true form. In essence, the MoUP is a drug that Makuta has became dependent on. It's more helpful than harmful when used, but going without it has harmful effects. He needs it, he depends on it, it is a part of him and his genetic makeup. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

Where are the pics?

I love this idea and it makes his look acceptable and creepy. 

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Yeah, since the horns are directly connected to their brain, one would just have to push the horns to remove the masks.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yeah, since the horns are directly connected to their brain, one would just have to push the horns to remove the masks.

I see this as a good thing. It makes hitting the mask off easier compared to trying to get a non-blunt object to hit the back of the head. It also puts the Toa and the villains on equal footing. The villains have weapons specifically designed to catch and then rip masks off of our beloved heroes, rather than clumsily trying to get enough force in your sword swing to hit the eye stalk successfully. It only makes sense that there be a similar advantage the Toa can use against the skull villains. Every hero and villain needs a weakness. People act like that's a bad thing, when in all reality it's a very good thing when it comes to playability and imagination.

• Upvote 4

I see this as a good thing. It makes hitting the mask off easier compared to trying to get a non-blunt object to hit the back of the head. It also puts the Toa and the villains on equal footing. The villains have weapons specifically designed to catch and then rip masks off of our beloved heroes, rather than clumsily trying to get enough force in your sword swing to hit the eye stalk successfully. It only makes sense that there be a similar advantage the Toa can use against the skull villains. Every hero and villain needs a weakness. People act like that's a bad thing, when in all reality it's a very good thing when it comes to playability and imagination.

Honestly, my biggest complaint is it's still unintuitive; knocking the mask off with the horns requires an upwards swipe, and all of the Toa's weapons are designed with a downward swipe in mind.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, my biggest complaint is it's still unintuitive; knocking the mask off with the horns requires an upwards swipe, and all of the Toa's weapons are designed with a downward swipe in mind.

Well, depending on how the weapon is wielded, the weapon can perform any swipe effectively. :P

• Upvote 1

|

Lets see; Tahu's swords can be swung upward, though that's not ideal. Gali has a much easier time with her double-bladed ax. Lewa would rely on mobility. Him and Pohatu's boomerans are the most likely to hit the 'brain' as well as the horns. Onua's hammer would be difficult to swing upwards with any force. Kopaka's spear can thrust in any direction, so upward works well.

• Upvote 3

Yeah this Poster is really cool though I have to question the logic of having Gali be the big bad guy when you are expressing the Skull Spiders you'd think a shadowy version of the Golden Skull Spider would make a better choice. Also not sure why Pohatu and the PoS have the light swords(Not using the correct term on purpose) as it seems that either Tahu and PoF would make better candidates I think. Also gave you your 11th Upvote because that is still an epic poster and if there was a Star Wars Bionicle spoof crossover that would so have to be the poster.

You do know this meant to be a joke of the 2nd G2 Bionicle book name right?

Also I used Pohatu because the character is a bit more closer then Tahu (also that the PoF not Stone) and Gali being Darth Vader was just a reference of my hatred of 2015 Gali because he is a "bad set"  :blushlaugh:

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

You do know this meant to be a joke of the 2nd G2 Bionicle book name right?

Also I used Pohatu because the character is a bit more closer then Tahu (also that the PoF not Stone) and Gali being Darth Vader was just a reference of my hatred of 2015 Gali because he is a "bad set"  :blushlaugh:

OBJECTION! Gali is a good set. If you look at the evidence you'll see that she has amazing articulation and looks more feminine than her previous iterations, meaning.. SHE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A BAD SET IN THE FIRST PLACE! *The jury gasps and starts talking amongst each other as the judge tries to bring order back into the courtroom*
  • Upvote 4

OBJECTION! Gali is a good set. If you look at the evidence you'll see that she has amazing articulation and looks more feminine than her previous iterations, meaning.. SHE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A BAD SET IN THE FIRST PLACE! *The jury gasps and starts talking amongst each other as the judge tries to bring order back into the courtroom*

I don't really see how Gali's build is supposed to look any more feminine than those of the other Toa. Her hips are just as narrow and her shoulders are just as wide. The only thing about her that looks somewhat feminine is her mask wich features a slimmer jaw than the other masks.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 4

Hail Denmark

Yet if you look on sits like Ebay and Bricklink, there are more Gali and Onua on those site being sell for a low price and there are a lot of Gali and Onua on shelf at target (me and my friends see them). Another thing is that there a lot of things getting in the way of Gali Knob Function like the shoulder armor and the spikes on her legs.

Now on the part of her being "feminine", there isn't anything different on her from the other master sets, plus you haven't gone into detailed of why she is "feminine" (but the mask is the only thing that look somewhat feminine as what doodleloot said). Also with the articulation, there is nothing different with her articulation from the rest of them and the HF 2.0, 3.0, breakout and so on.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

See, the problem is that you guys don't see the armor as muscle and body shapes. You see it as plates. The specific way the armor is placed on her thighs emulates, well, actual thighs. The same can be seen in her muscular structure and hour glass shape. Also, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Many members on bzpower have already addressed the various characteristics that make her body shape seem more feminine. So if you don't see it now I don't think you ever will.  :P

On a side note, the whole joke flew over your heads, didn't it? Man, more people need to play the Ace Attorney games..

• Upvote 4

Okay so we can now say the Kopaka and Pohatu is feminine  because of those reason and it's because you haven't noticed yet.

Do you see how that logic can slap you back.

No, no I don't. You're also taking this very personally for some weird reason. It's like you're letting your hate for the set cloud your judgement. The whole point is that the thighs plus the the slender torso piece make an hour glass shape and the way the whole set is armored looks slimmer than the others and is for that specific reason. Pohatu and Kopaka have a very different look going on with how their shells are positioned.

• Upvote 5