OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Just wanted to let you guys know that the summer sets are available in Germany! I called my nearest Lego store and they have them in stock (even though I was told that they wouldn't arrive until July last saturday)

Gonna go there tomorrow and grab some of the sets. :)

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

I just ordered skull scorpio and slicer off of amazon UK, the expected ship date is between the 16th of July and 28th of July, however though earlier in the year I ordered a couple protectors with a similar estimated delivery time and they came in less then half of said estimated time, so I'm hoping I should have them within the next 2 weeks.

Amazon UK have just listed the other three sets, type in "bionicle skull" and you should find them.

Edited by Makaru

It's time to move on.

Enter the dark burial ground of the ancient city to search for lost masks of power with Skull Scorpio! This evil creation of Skull Grinder is a fierce enemy for anyone who gets in its way. If you encounter LEGO BIONICLE heroes underground, press the trigger on the tail to unleash the stinger with hook blades. Then pick up their elemental masks in the gripping pincers to give Skull Scorpio even more poisonous power!

Well, this is interesting.

VBWj75sh.png

Venom is a type of poison. That is all...

Wait no maybe not. One more thing. That is a really cool description of Skull Scorpio. Is that from the package or something? Can Scorpio wear masks on its pincers like the old Nui-Jaga? That would be cool.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Anyone know if Amazon has a history of accidentally selling constraction figures early for the U.S.? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Just wanted to let you guys know that the summer sets are available in Germany! I called my nearest Lego store and they have them in stock (even though I was told that they wouldn't arrive until July last saturday)

Gonna go there tomorrow and grab some of the sets. :)

Oh man, this means that they really are going out internationally earlier than expected, I hope I won't annoy my Lego store by calling every two days. Perhaps I'll get my friend to do it so that they don't know it's me.

Oh by the way, easy way to tell if something is poisonous or venomous. If you bite it and you die, it's poisonous, if it bites you and you die, it's venomous.

Edited by steelviper77
  • Upvote 3

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Enter the dark burial ground of the ancient city to search for lost masks of power with Skull Scorpio! This evil creation of Skull Grinder is a fierce enemy for anyone who gets in its way. If you encounter LEGO BIONICLE heroes underground, press the trigger on the tail to unleash the stinger with hook blades. Then pick up their elemental masks in the gripping pincers to give Skull Scorpio even more poisonous power!

Well, this is interesting.

Imagine if the Summer story is written from the Skull villains' perspective.  :blink:

IetTsFQ.png

Skull scorpio is a pile of rotting corpses fused, so perhaps it is poisonous

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I can't wait to see new story serials released for the Skull villains. Right now we know nothing of what will happen. I think the mini commics on the sets are most probably non cannon promotional material, so what will happen is an empty book. Oh my, how I missed waiting for new stories to be released during the terribly long years of 2010-2014  :begging:

• Upvote 1

IhDIrLK.jpg

Open letter to science fiction writers

Please top saying poison when you mean venom.

Signed,

Nobody

It doesn't say the tail is poisonous.

Maybe Scorpio just rubs up against people like a cat.

You don't know.

Diabolical

• Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Open letter to science fiction writers

Please top saying poison when you mean venom.

Signed,

Nobody

It doesn't say the tail is poisonous.

Maybe Scorpio just rubs up against people like a cat.

You don't know.

Diabolical

We all know cats are from the demon realm below, c'mon get with the times.

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

So, I also got the sets and I've been uploading photos to my blog.

I've just noticed something in the background of the box of skull warrior: several skull warriors and skull slicer, my bet is that they are not "one of a kind" characters, they are a zombie-like army!

I don't see Skull Slicer there. Did you mistake one of the Skull Warrior's bows for Slicer's extra arms?

In any case, while the other Skull Warriors have been visible in that boxart for a while, I think Skull Slicer is likely to be a unique foe based on his description from Bestbuy.ca:

Patrol the ruins of the ancient arena with the menacing LEGO BIONICLE Skull Slicer, an ancient champion animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask. Create fearsome combat poses and turn the wheel on Skull Slicer’s back to activate the 4 battle arms all at once. Use the hook blades to rip off masks and pick them up with the mask grabber.

Mind you, it's unclear whether these descriptions are 100% finalized (as they refer to the single-headed combi model for Slicer, Basher, and Warrior as a multi-headed warrior), but if the information about Slicer is canon then it makes it sound like he, at the very least, is a unique foe generated from the remains of a unique character.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've just noticed something in the background of the box of skull warrior: several skull warriors and skull slicer, my bet is that they are not "one of a kind" characters, they are a zombie-like army!

I don't see Skull Slicer there. Did you mistake one of the Skull Warrior's bows for Slicer's extra arms?

In any case, while the other Skull Warriors have been visible in that boxart for a while, I think Skull Slicer is likely to be a unique foe based on his description from Bestbuy.ca:

Patrol the ruins of the ancient arena with the menacing LEGO BIONICLE Skull Slicer, an ancient champion animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask. Create fearsome combat poses and turn the wheel on Skull Slicer’s back to activate the 4 battle arms all at once. Use the hook blades to rip off masks and pick them up with the mask grabber.

Mind you, it's unclear whether these descriptions are 100% finalized (as they refer to the single-headed combi model for Slicer, Basher, and Warrior as a multi-headed warrior), but if the information about Slicer is canon then it makes it sound like he, at the very least, is a unique foe generated from the remains of a unique character.

I think you are right, now that I take a better look, every character that seems to have four arms is really the crossbow hanging in its back

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Perhaps Warriors are an army, Basher and Slicer are field commanders and Grinder is a supreme commander. Scorpions might be some special arena best, but again, this is only if the box art is cannon  :)

IhDIrLK.jpg

I took a bunch of pictures of the new sets. The sets are definitely better than I had expected. Scorpio is an ok set and I actually kind of like Slicer. Basher is by far my favourite of the Skull figures though.

Great photos! They definitely give a good look at the sets. Although I wish you had a couple more pictures of Skull Grinder!

I took a bunch of pictures of the new sets. The sets are definitely better than I had expected. Scorpio is an ok set and I actually kind of like Slicer. Basher is by far my favourite of the Skull figures though.

Great photos! They definitely give a good look at the sets. Although I wish you had a couple more pictures of Skull Grinder!

Not exactly good ones, but here you have them

• Upvote 1

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Not exactly good ones, but here you have them

I heard he was about the same size as Tahu, but wow, seeing them side-by-side is a little disappointing to be honest. I guess I though he was larger since Ekimu is so short.

Still think he's awesome, just hardly Titan-sized.

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Yeah, but I'm okay with his size. He's still very top heavy, so he looks like a bruiser, but his legs are still just long enough that he doesn't look uneasy on his feet. I think his size in general makes for a good enemy for someone like Tahu or Kopaka to fight. It looks like they'd be evenly matched. If this was Makuta we were talking about, yeah, I'd want him to be bigger, but strictly as the evil equivalent of a Toa-Like being, I think Skull Grinder is pretty ideal.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The quality of those photos is quite impressive. Thanks for sharing! They definitely have made me a lot more eager to acquire Skull Grinder and Ekimu, as well as Skull Basher.

Also, Skull Warrior and Grinder's mask looks a lot more Terminator-esque than I had realized before. Maybe that's just me.

~B~

So I was fooling around while disassembling my Onua Combiner into him and the protectors and attempted to duplicate the mask holder, and DANG that thing is awful, the masks are so loose on it it's not even funny. I found that even a simple G1 hand piece works amazingly for holding the masks in any orientation, how do you guys have your golden masks set up, if not just lying around? I'm going to have to make 7 setups for the golden masks, plus 4 for the half trans golden masks, then one for the hero pack, one for an extra Ekimu mask if I get the activity book, maybe my NYCC tahu mask if I ever open that, maybe an extra empty one for the Gali mask I'll never own and gosh that's adding up to a lot of masks heads.

So I was fooling around while disassembling my Onua Combiner into him and the protectors and attempted to duplicate the mask holder, and DANG that thing is awful, the masks are so loose on it it's not even funny. I found that even a simple G1 hand piece works amazingly for holding the masks in any orientation, how do you guys have your golden masks set up, if not just lying around? I'm going to have to make 7 setups for the golden masks, plus 4 for the half trans golden masks, then one for the hero pack, one for an extra Ekimu mask if I get the activity book, maybe my NYCC tahu mask if I ever open that, maybe an extra empty one for the Gali mask I'll never own and gosh that's adding up to a lot of masks heads.

Here's my setup. I technically have a seventh pedestal built as well, but I didn't feel like getting new pictures. The masks are attached somewhat similarly to the one in Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder, except everything from the Technic half-beams up is replaced with this part, which provides a much more secure connection while being even smaller and more subtle.

Can't wait to have a Mask of Creation of my own to put on that seventh pedestal!

Edited by Lyichir

Here's my setup. I technically have a seventh pedestal built as well, but I didn't feel like getting new pictures. The masks are attached somewhat similarly to the one in Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder, except everything from the Technic half-beams up is replaced with this part, which provides a much more secure connection while being even smaller and more subtle.

Can't wait to have a Mask of Creation of my own to put on that seventh pedestal!

Cool stands, but what did you make the base out of, and what sets are they from? I can't remember any time I've seen that piece.

Cool stands, but what did you make the base out of, and what sets are they from? I can't remember any time I've seen that piece.

The bases are made up of gear/wheel elements first introduced in the Power Miners theme. They only appeared in four sets in Dark Stone Grey, but when I had the idea for these stands I was lucky enough to find a seller on Bricklink offering them at a great price as long as you bought in bulk. I got 15, allowing me to make seven stands, and I could conceivably make an eighth by scavenging one from one of my own Power Miners sets.

Okay, so crazy crackpot theory, but what if Gali doesn't have a trans mask because she will wear the mask of creation in the story? Also, maybe the translucent Tahu mask is because Skull Grinder or maybe one of the combos takes his mask and drains/powers/whatevers it fully, whereas the other skellingtons had the masks taken out halfway through.

Not really news, but it's related to bionicle 2015.

Yesterday I went to the "torre da record" event in Milan, where they're building the tallest LEGO tower in the world.

People took turns (which lasted 10 minutes) and built sections of the tower.

Obviously, I decided to build the Mask of creation.

http://i.imgur.com/JcZuqpH.jpg?1

It's the best I could do in 10 minutes, but in the end I had one of the LEGO engineers help me.

(and yes, the bricks had to be put like that, for stability reasons)

I guess you can now say bionicle G2 is part of the world's tallest LEGO tower.

• Upvote 5

SH0Gxlo.png

Okay, so crazy crackpot theory, but what if Gali doesn't have a trans mask because she will wear the mask of creation in the story? Also, maybe the translucent Tahu mask is because Skull Grinder or maybe one of the combos takes his mask and drains/powers/whatevers it fully, whereas the other skellingtons had the masks taken out halfway through.

If the promotional Tahu Mask (which required you to go out of your way to get) counts then the exclusive Gali mask counts.

skull grinder has a similar color scheme to the evil makuta. also the mask of creation's abbrieviation = a MOC

My Own Creation - Mask of Creation

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Re: storing spare masks; i put them on metru hand pieces (y-joints?) slid over a Mahri gill-pipe. I attached that to a limb as a grip, and bow I have Marendar carrying the golden masks like trophies. "Marendar the Mask Collector"

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...