OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Target, of course.

Yessss finally something I can cover.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind uploading pics?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think the Protector of Water's color scheme works all right, but it's definitely not my favorite color scheme of the Protectors. The hands are a different color than the feet, the lower arms are a different color than the lower legs, and the upper arms are a different color than the upper legs. It ends up feeling a bit chaotic compared to the other Protectors, and I don't particularly like that.

Now, two things that bother a lot of other people but don't really bother me are the Dark Azur being isolated to the mask and the use of multiple transparent colors. For me, Dark Azur is a close enough match to Tr. Light Blue as far as hue is concerned that the mask doesn't seem "lonely", and both are far enough from Tr. Blue that they can be identified as distinct colors.

Yeah, the lack of consistency with the limbs' colors is one of my main peeves, and one of the first things I fixed when I got the set. The fact that it uses black feet and silver hands is particularly problematic, I think. I'd like to make them match, but making the hands black leaves the chest with the only silver piece in the set, which looks weird. But I can't make the feet silver because, well, I don't have any extras, and it kinda takes away from the color scheme a bit too (and removes the symmetry of having half the protectors with silver feet and the other half with black ones).

The mask being the only dark azure piece is probably my biggest beef with the set though. It is much too bright a shade for me to see it as matching the trans light blue--which is, although somewhat close in shade, a little dull. It stands out way too much and looks pretty awful in my opinion. I got an extra size 5 azure shell for the chest, which (combined with the aforementioned limb color adjustments) made the whole thing look much, much better.

With some modding it's a solid figure, but as it is I am definitely not a big fan of it.

AXKP5KC.png

Eh... PoW is still my fave because she's so expressive. And personally, I think her look fits the water great. Of course she's very lightly armored, it's so she isn't weighed down, and I think the decision to make the turbines a radically different color that would clash with the rest of her was a brilliant move, since it makes it look like they're just something she's wearing, like floaties, and not an actual part of her body. And even aside from that... I just find her adorable. And I dunno, for some reason, that sort of thing is always really important to me when it comes to smaller sets. Different strokes  for different folks.

It's not the ducts' color that bothers me (I like the yellow/blue throwback) but the fact that they're the only things on the arms, and how they're attached.  It leaves the arms looking thin and unsubstantial, which clashes with the image them holding up two huge water propellers.  If they were attached further up the arms, that wouldn't be much of a problem, but because they look like they're attached about mid-bicep I think it looks awkward.

Truthfully, my least favorite protector is the Protector of Earth. His weapons seem dainty compared to all of the other protectors, and having his blaster in his chest would be impractical during day to day life.

I dunno, the giant mace doesn't seem too "dainty" to me.  The knives, yeah, but the set doesn't technically need those and they seem like they're just there to fill the other hand.  Personally I like the blaster-on-the-chest look because it differentiates the build from the other Protectors' builds and makes the Protector of Earth seem more like a "tank" who'd just stand there and blast.  So yeah, opinions.

Target, of course.

well gg I just biked to and from Target for the second day in a row but didn't bother checking today.  I doubt they'd be here yet but maybe I can go again tomorrow right (ow my legs).

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Psshhh, "color scheme". That's a very subjective term. Some might hate gold and green, others might like it. There's no such thing as a "poor color scheme", as that depends on what colors tickle your fancy, and what you as a person think looks good together. I rather like trans blue and trans light blue being used together, and I find yellow and blue to be a really good mixture. Color schemes that don't have any contrast are boring and plain to me, and it boggles my mind that so many people want that. Of course, that's just my opinion. ;)

I am sorry but I have to respond to this with "Pink and Orange".

As for the Contrast you cannot get any further from Blue than Yellow. They are as opposite as Black and White, Red and Teal, etc... Anyway While the lack of armor is a bit off-putting in relation to the other Protectors one has to remember that they are not in an aquatic environment. The PoW and related villagers can't wear a bunch of heavy restrictive armor while swimming around their village.

Just got myself Skull Warrior. Very odd to find since I live in the U.S. So, happy finding in the states!

lol jk. Texas gets them usually in July. Sorry for the evil lie.

You are a hateful Makuta of a person. I say we form a lich mob and end the Makuta Species once and for all!!! Who's with me!?

(Yeah today's my Birthday and was hoping for some good news after I wreaked my car last week in a fender-bender)

DISCLAIMER: Prowl Nightwolf does not condone the act of violence or the forming of mobs like in old monster movies.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

What's a "lich mob"? Liches are necromancers. :P

My poor spelling strikes again. I think I meant lynch mob. As in a large group of raging masses with pitchforks and torches with a single goal of removing a perceived threat. Though forcing a Makuta to do your bidding via necromancy would be welcome revenge for the crimes the Brotherhood did to the MU inhabitants. "Manipulate us will you! Well how do you like it MR Makuta!"

Hey it made TF Prime Megatron change his outlook and abandon his goal of galactic conquest through tyranny.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't want to sound negative when saying this, but I think Gen 2 Bionicle is going to flop. I've seen the summer sets, and have seen highly mixed feelings about it. Mostly with negative feedback on them. I don't think it's going to go well.

I'll still buy sets, and still support Bionicle through and through, but I just don't think it'll last very long.

Doom-sayers are never right.

Well, not quite. If they continue to claim something is on its way out, they'll often be right eventually, particularly for things like Lego themes that generally don't last forever. But people were predicting Hero Factory's demise for five years before they were right. Considering that, does it really make sense to bet against Bionicle before even one year is up?

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, not quite. If they continue to claim something is on its way out, they'll often be right eventually, particularly for things like Lego themes that generally don't last forever. But people were predicting Hero Factory's demise for five years before they were right. Considering that, does it really make sense to bet against Bionicle before even one year is up?

Considering that Bionicle #1 lasted 10 years, I would be more inclined to bet money against that. 

• Upvote 3

One bad half-year won't be the end for Bionicle.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Guys, Lyichir isn't saying that the line is doomed. He's merely stating that since toylines always end at some point, that "doom sayers" are hypothetically right. The line will end, and because they'll always predict the end up until it comes, they're "right". :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 5

Guys, Lyichir isn't saying that the line is doomed. He's merely stating that since toylines always end at some point, that "doom sayers" are hypothetically right. The line will end, and because they'll always predict the end up until it comes, they're "right". :P

Obviously.  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

:camera:

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Did anyone else notice that the skull mask went back to the MoC on the lego products page?

They're just playing with our hearts. :P

Edit: No it didn't... I just went and checked. Show proof of your claims.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Did anyone else notice that the skull mask went back to the MoC on the lego products page?

Here's a pic with your post, the icon, and monitor clock as a timestamp. Maybe I need to clear my cache or something? http://i.imgur.com/nfs5a8p.png

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Psshhh, "color scheme". That's a very subjective term. Some might hate gold and green, others might like it. There's no such thing as a "poor color scheme", as that depends on what colors tickle your fancy, and what you as a person think looks good together. I rather like trans blue and trans light blue being used together, and I find yellow and blue to be a really good mixture. Color schemes that don't have any contrast are boring and plain to me, and it boggles my mind that so many people want that. Of course, that's just my opinion. ;)

I am sorry but I have to respond to this with "Pink and Orange".

As for the Contrast you cannot get any further from Blue than Yellow. They are as opposite as Black and White, Red and Teal, etc... Anyway While the lack of armor is a bit off-putting in relation to the other Protectors one has to remember that they are not in an aquatic environment. The PoW and related villagers can't wear a bunch of heavy restrictive armor while swimming around their village.

Even pink and orange can work together if you use them right. Sunsets are often pink and orange, for instance, and I don't think I've ever seen an ugly sunset. I haven't seen a lot of MOCs that use pink and orange together in recent memory (this one stands out, as do these two), but Azari Firedancer's dress also uses shades of pink and orange together to great effect.

• Upvote 4

Here's a pic with your post, the icon, and monitor clock as a timestamp. Maybe I need to clear my cache or something? http://i.imgur.com/nfs5a8p.png
*Sigh* There was a big miscommunication when I read your post. I read it incorrectly and thought you were saying the Skull mask was back since it had in fact been established a while ago that it had changed back to the MoC. I apologize for my rash assumption and having you go through the trouble of taking and uploading a screen shot.

*Sigh* There was a big miscommunication when I read your post. I read it incorrectly and thought you were saying the Skull mask was back since it had in fact been established a while ago that it had changed back to the MoC. I apologize for my rash assumption and having you go through the trouble of taking and uploading a screen shot.

Oh sorry, I just noticed they changed it back now, didn't realize that it had already been noticed

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

@Bionicle not selling well(?)

from what i've seen actually, it seems people who judged the skull guys early (notably warrior and scorpio) found them more appealing once they had them in their own hands.

so, seems the skull guys just take a little warming up to for the older fans of the line. o:

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

The main thing I can take away from that is: why is Skull Grinder wearing the Mask of Creation?!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Definitely a lot better than the winter one, I have to say. :P Also, it's certainly interesting that the Toa are now saving the world instead of just the island; other landmasses confirmed, or Makuta just wants to destroy the entire planet, I'd say.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png