OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

A Reddit user says he saw a Bionicle 2015 advertisement on Canadian channel YTV.

No proof provided, but still worth mentioning I think.

Man, that brings me back to the day when YTV was my bread and butter and I'd watch it like every day. And of course, seeing a Bionicle commercial always hyped me up. My dad knew that - every time one popped up while he was watching his own programs he'd call me down so I wouldn't miss it. :P

Also, I checked out that article, Nidhiki. If only every Lego isle in stores were that big... :P

I know right? It's beautiful!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Are Titan sets usually released with the first or second wave of a year? I hope they didn't think that the three big toa counted as Titans for the year. I want to see some BIG sets, preferably not .a moshpit of vehicles though.

It really depends. Some of have speculated that the assumed 5/6 sets we're going to get in the Summer are all going to large in size and scale. 

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

Jesus, Tahu's mask is ugly.

Seriously, that's like Calix levels of ugly.

Doesn't that count as swearing?

I think it looks fine. I was unsure about it at first, but it has really grown on me and now is my second-favorite Hau, next to the original.

Where's the swearing? :blink:

Ehh, I think using "Jesus" as an exclamation may count as swearing. (Or at least in my opinion. My beliefs say that I shouldn't use that name like any other random word.)

Putting Jesus with swear words is offensive to some people.

Jesus, Tahu's mask is ugly.

Seriously, that's like Calix levels of ugly.

Doesn't that count as swearing?

I think it looks fine. I was unsure about it at first, but it has really grown on me and now is my second-favorite Hau, next to the original.

Where's the swearing? :blink:

Ehh, I think using "Jesus" as an exclamation may count as swearing. (Or at least in my opinion. My beliefs say that I shouldn't use that name like any other random word.)

Putting Jesus with swear words is offensive to some people.

Well it's not really saying anything offensive about Jesus himself, so it really isn't a big deal in my book. I dunno about others and I'm not really religious so if someone who is really doesn't like it, it's probably best to avoid saying it.

And as an owner of a G2 Tahu mask, I can gladly say it is very beautiful and does not deserve to be judged before having it physically in your hands. It's got a very nice design that really looks quite nice.

Don't take the Lord's name in vain! Plenty of other words in the English vocabulary to use. 

Anyone seen the new sets in stores yet?

Not yet amigo. Though, there's videos on YouTube where kids showing their finds off. Kinda sucks they don't seem to have accounts on BZP, EuroBricks, etc. 

I haven't handled the new system...AT ALL. I adamantly refused to buy any Hero Factory sets...heck, even my parents were all like "Really? THIS is what they cancelled Bionicle for??" when they saw HF in stores. My cousin got some of the first wave, but those didn't have much of the CCBS, and he kinda quit shortly after because he didn't care for it. So this relaunch is going to be very strange for me. Gonna be almost as if I've never handled constraction, just like back in 2001.

• Upvote 4

I haven't handled the new system...AT ALL. I adamantly refused to buy any Hero Factory sets...heck, even my parents were all like "Really? THIS is what they cancelled Bionicle for??" when they saw HF in stores. My cousin got some of the first wave, but those didn't have much of the CCBS, and he kinda quit shortly after because he didn't care for it. So this relaunch is going to be very strange for me. Gonna be almost as if I've never handled constraction, just like back in 2001.

I never understood its appeal, its just a thin frame with shells on it. At least the Toa builds beef it up with gearboxes.

I never understood its appeal, its just a thin frame with shells on it. At least the Toa builds beef it up with gearboxes.

You want the short answer? Simplicity. The larger sets of Bionicle like 2008/2009's vehicles for example, were most likely the least-selling out of all of the sets of their respective years. It literally took me about an hour to build Rockoh T3, lol. Imagine a 7 year-old. This also explains 2010--that, and the remaining funds.

Sorry, but I just don't think CCBS is a good system, in my honest opinion.

It's not a BAD system, but it's really limited to ball & sockets. (I don't use those pinholes at all) I only used 2 CCBS shells on my MOC for the golden mask competition--the ankles. 

Edited by Klack

Sorry, but I just don't think CCBS is a good system, in my honest opinion.

Don't blame the system because you don't know how to use it. People are doing amazing things with it in MOCs, I can honestly say it's the best thing to happen to the constraction MOCing world since the very beginning of BIONICLE- when that brand of MOCing began.

Edited by DeeVee
  • Upvote 5

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I think the friction joints and short to medium sized limbs are MUCH more useful and versatile than Bionicle limbs. Also, there are lots of very useful CCBS parts that integrate well with Technic and old Bionicle.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

It can't be helped that older Bionicle pieces were EXTREMELY specialized and could only be used in so many ways. Lego created the CCBS system with the intent to make something that was... well... much closer to good ol' lego bricks. And they are, in appearance and function.

• Upvote 1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Remember, this is the transition year from CCBS to the new system, kind of like what series 1 HF was. We'll probably get a new building style either next or in a couple of years.

No, it's not any sort of "transition year", and I don't know where you got that impression. Lego set designers on other sites have made it perfectly clear that the CCBS is here to stay. It was never designed solely as "the Hero Factory system", but rather as an expandable and modular system that could be used for all Constraction themes going forward.

The new Bionicle theme IS likely to continue to innovate and add new parts to the CCBS as the years go on. But the core system of shells and beams isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

THE NEW ANIMATIONS ARE LIVE ON THE SITE!!!!

TOA ARE TIME TRAVELLERS CONFIRMED!!!!

BABY PROTECTORS CONFIRMED!!!

STOP READING THIS AND START WATCHING THEM!!!

:onfire:  :onfire:  :onfire:

They are all so great...Okoto has such an amazing vibe. I can't really explain it, but the art style, the Protector/Toa designs, the narrator, everything just seems so artistic and unique.

Edit:

-There are some silly moments

-Tahu's voice is very different from what we expected

-The narrator pronounces Toa as "tour"

Those are what people will complain about the most I think. :P Well this has me super pumped and excited. Join me as I re-watch the videos a hundred times over!

Edited by Dark Blue
  • Upvote 5

IetTsFQ.png

They put a 'Protector' Mask on Ekimu when they entombed him...

So yeah... that could change set speculation a bit ;)

Tonnes of people with the same Mask, so there goes that speculation...

Villagers have a solid-colour Mask, Protectors are the only ones with two colours...

Much focus on time...

Kopakas voice bugged me, the clumsiness doesn't really bother me, but...

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

The animations themselves are VERY good. The one thing that bugs me is... how quickly they're getting their golden masks. To me, this is something they should have to work for throughout the course of the story. It's the kind of thing you'd get in the last few levels of a videogame, or just before the final boss. For this to be the FIRST thing they do, before we've even gotten to know any of them... eh. It just makes me wonder how much there could possibly be for them to do after that.

Maybe the upcoming books will give us a bit more plot than these. Again, these animations are very nice, but they only tell so much of a story.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

REALLY liked the videos that just came up on the site. It's really living up to the standards of bionicle so far though I would like to know what the other Toa's voices are (hoping Gali's is as good as the one from mask of light). and does anyone else find it weird that the elders/turaga have changed from a source of wisdom, to both a source of wisdom AND protection, apparently they don't have any aching joints from the last generation (maybe due to the new build system ;D). And though I do agree it's pretty early to find the masks NOW it's probably leading up to something even better, which probably means if this is our starting standard then things can only skyrocket to beyond hype levels now. (Also loved the amount of luck Tahu had on his arrival with those skull spiders XD one part hilarious and two parts AWESOME!)

• Upvote 6

I like the second one the most. These are all epic!

• Upvote 4

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The animations and the Toa videos are awesome. Random thoughts:

-I'm suspecting time travel shenanigans (no, I'm not saying these are the Toa from G1, I'm just saying I think they traveled through time in G2's universe to get to Okoto).

-Gali used Aqua Jet! It's not very effective...

-Lewa and PoJ are gonna get spidered up soon.

-Onua's voice is pretty cool but I'm only digging his voice and PoF's (and obviously narrator when he's just narrating). I imagined the rest differently, though I suppose this can be a Protector telling these stories as legends so I guess that's fine. I kinda want a proper TV show with proper voice actors, though.

-I knew that was gonna be the set form of PoF under that cloak.

-I really hope we get a game to explore the settings (especially the Temple of Time and the shrines), or at least a book like Bionicle World where we can see it in detail.

-The animation is awesome, and the expressions are really well done in my opinion.

-I'm glad the Toa's flaws don't seem to be flanderized right from the get-go, since only Kopaka shows clumsiness by trippping.

Everything has a sheer amount of epic! Loving the humor, too.

It's just too bad that the narrator doesn't even try to sound feminine for Gali.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com