OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Okay, first of all -

I don't want to see people trying to exclude others from this topic. I've talked with ToaSalvus over PM and they have made an effort to word their posts more carefully. I think it's unfair to jump on every post made that doesn't praise the reboot. If you have an issue with another member's posts, you can come to me or Makaru and we'll be glad to mediate. Exclusion, however, is not the answer. Nor is taking shots at another member, as at least one post above has done.

Thank you.

Anyway, as I've said in the Sightings Topic, I now own Pohatu and Gali. TRU didn't have Tahu, but I'm still incredibly happy with my two new figures.

• Upvote 8

That new mask looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure if it's the MOUP. 

Indeed. Why would they show it so early?

Also, it doesn't look like the animated version.

I read on the TTV Boards/EuroBricks that Lego accidentally releases these sorts of things time to time. I think it has to do with the serial numbers of each issue or something. (lol don't know what I'm talking about)

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That new mask looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure if it's the MOUP. 

Indeed. Why would they show it so early?

Also, it doesn't look like the animated version.

Actually, it has prongs in all the right places; they're just far less pronounced.

That said, after all that effort to hide it in the Legend animation for some sort of reveal later, it's odd that they would show it so casually.

In any case... I'm really sick of uninformed (or just willingly ignorant people I've seen a lot of on youtube in recent weeks) "calling out" Lego for not completely scrapping this amazing building system because they associate it with Hero Factory, which they have an unwarranted grudge against to this day for "killing" Bionicle. They just..... they see these pieces, and they don't care about how good they are as actual toys. They just see red.

Please keep in mind, I'm not talking about ToaSalvus at this point.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I'm rather sure now that it isn't MoUP. I suppose it is some new mask. Or they shaw other shape in animation to mislead us.

MJ3oqlH.png

And here is my theory about second half of year:

So, I think Toa will get MoC and put in on face of Ekimu and he will wake up(he will be that Mask Maker) and maybe evil spiders will get Mask of Control and wake up Makuta.

Then there will be race for Mask of Ultimate Power, Ekimu will make himself super armor. Makuta will not show up (he could makes evil masks, armors, robots, and making plan to get Mask of Time to get back in time to take MoC before Ekimu get it).

Maybe spiders get MoC before Toa and use it on 6 spiders changing them (like kraata change in Rahkshi), that spiders could be like mix of krana and kraata from old Bio.

Or Makuta just will build robots and skull spiders will control them.

Edited by -Windrider-

cWeRqBk.png

There's no guarantee that it's the Mask of Ultimate Power, but teasers like this aren't uncommon.  Reminds me of my first glimpse of the Toa Nuva or Rahkshi while looking at a friend's LEGO Magazines when I was younger.

Could be that the Mask of Creation is the MacGuffin for the first half of the year, and the Mask of Ultimate Power the MacGuffin for the second half.  Most promotional material up until now has been of the Mask of Creation, which we know exists as a part mold, and this may be the start of an additional story arc to go with the release of a set containing the Mask of Creation.

Reminds me of the Ignika, which became the main plot device before its design was even finalized.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Which photo proves the Mask of Time, exactly?

8th page (about the Golden Masks).

It says "Inspired by a prophecy, the Protectors use the Mask of Time to summon help..."

Huh…Old Pohatu and Tahu! In the new Magazine!

Those are pieces of concept art from when the Toa were being designed - don't know why they included them in this catalog but I don't think it is an indication of anything.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Perhaps it is a typo, and they meant Temple of Time? Either that, or there is something about the Temple of Time we do not yet know...

I think the verb "use" definitely suggests that they indeed meant Mask of Time ("Using" a Temple of Time does not sound right, especially when taken in regards to the mythical setting of Okoto)

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I just read the descriptions for the gold masks. The first three were basically "Tahu is really powerful...can you imagine how much more powerful he'll be with his gold mask??" but the gold mask descriptions for Onua, Lewa, and Kopaka are interesting. They seem to suggest that without the gold masks, the Toa cannot use their elemental powers, only their weapons. Once they acquire the gold mask, they are able to channel their power. See the gold Mask of Jungle description:

He can already turn his X-Glider into duel battle axes, but with the golden Mask he can channel the regenerating resilience of the forest!

If that's the case, then I wonder if their regular masks do anything at all.

IetTsFQ.png

Whew, summer already.

I know, and its not even 2015 yet!

Anyways, thanks Nidhiki of The Shadows for posting those pictures! Its great getting more info on Okoto's regions and the Lord of Skull Spiders. The arkwork for Tahu, Pohatu, Gali, and Ekimu still looks really cool, and I'm very happy they included it here. 

The only bad thing about the acticle IMO is that it doesn't really tell anything about the Protectors. It could've at least given us their names, if they have them. (I'm starting to think they don't. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Also the page isn't available.

Thanks for noticing. Fixed.

Also here are the rest of the pages backed up (for your viewing convenience):

[MUCH IMAGE, MUCH WALL-crunch]

Credit to CrunchBiteNuva

-NotS

I only edited the scans back into spreads, Voriks provided the original scans.

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I only edited the scans back into spreads, Voriks provided the original scans.

Thanks for the correction. :)

EDIT: Digital LEGO Magazine is up! Interview about the set design!

*snip*

-NotS

That is some cool concept art for Kopaka. :)

I also like the concept art for the Jungle Protector as well. Expecially the one with the open mouth. (Though is that the Protector? It kind of looks like some sort of animal, so I'm not sure if that is the Jungle Protector or something else.) 

The concept art for the Skull Spider kind of looks like an enemy one would see in a Metroid game IMO. Which makes it an even cooler enemy in my book. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Ooh! Behind the scenes stuff!

I just read the descriptions for the gold masks. The first three were basically "Tahu is really powerful...can you imagine how much more powerful he'll be with his gold mask??" but the gold mask descriptions for Onua, Lewa, and Kopaka are interesting. They seem to suggest that without the gold masks, the Toa cannot use their elemental powers, only their weapons. Once they acquire the gold mask, they are able to channel their power. See the gold Mask of Jungle description:

He can already turn his X-Glider into duel battle axes, but with the golden Mask he can channel the regenerating resilience of the forest!

More on-topic, I read the function of the Golden Masks as refining and increasing the powers of the Toa. They can use their 'signature moves' whenever, but the Golden Masks allow them complete control over the lement and some additional power. For example, Golden Mask of the Jungle allows Lewa to 'channel the resilience of the forest'. I read that as giving him quick(er) healing abilities, over time, Lewa could recover from any hit or poison, if he's wearing the Gold Mask. Kopaka's Golden Mask would not only allow him to reshape his shield into skis, but give him complete control over all ice.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

More on-topic, I read the function of the Golden Masks as refining and increasing the powers of the Toa. They can use their 'signature moves' whenever, but the Golden Masks allow them complete control over the lement and some additional power. For example, Golden Mask of the Jungle allows Lewa to 'channel the resilience of the forest'. I read that as giving him quick(er) healing abilities, over time, Lewa could recover from any hit or poison, if he's wearing the Gold Mask. Kopaka's Golden Mask would not only allow him to reshape his shield into skis, but give him complete control over all ice.

I wouldn't be surprised that in the end, the Toa will turn out to be able to control their powers without their masks. Like a storyline where they lose their masks and in the end discover that their true power lies within themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if Lego would go for such a cheesy storyplot at one time ( and don't get me wrong, I'd really like that to happen.) :P

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

I just realized something! That mask is the same one that was featured in the background of the poster, if you'll look closely you can see it has the same eyebrows and in the poster you can just about see the top of the nose (and looks like it has the same nose as this). All I can say is this is probably the mask that the main villain for this year will wear.

It's time to move on.

If you watch their animation, you'll notice that all of their primary weapons are in "mobility" form (surfboard, skis, etc.) until they get their golden masks, at which point they convert those items to their "weapon" forms.

Guys, I just realized something.

That poster might confirm the existence of trans. Red eyestalks.

SCORE!

Anyway, I thought I'd give my two cents on the released mask image. 

It distantly reminds me of the Krana Xa, with several horizontal lines going across its face and the two stubby horns at the top. 

But, they're probably not going to reintroduce the Bohrok in this Bionicle line. Eh, anyway. Just thought I'd put that out there. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Well we watched the video of the Toa being summoned, and the Protectors were wearing their own masks, so maybe that's the Mask of Time in this series?

Guys I just realized how small Lord of Skull Spiders is compared to the Toa... Is there really a fight to be had?

He's still a spider the size of a wolf. I'd say that yes, he could DEFINITELY put up a fight.

I think the Mask of Time is what the Protectors were channeling their elemental energy into, not what they were wearing at that time.

• Upvote 3

Well we watched the video of the Toa being summoned, and the Protectors were wearing their own masks, so maybe that's the Mask of Time in this series?

Guys I just realized how small Lord of Skull Spiders is compared to the Toa... Is there really a fight to be had?

He's still a spider the size of a wolf. I'd say that yes, he could DEFINITELY put up a fight.

I think the Mask of Time is what the Protectors were channeling their elemental energy into, not what they were wearing at that time.

How do you know this?!

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

How do you know this?!

"I think..."

"How do you know?"

:sarcastic:

Anyway, I'd bet my bottom the Protector's masks aren't the Mask of Time, using the simple logic that I highly doubt the Mask of Time would be a mask that everyone on the island wears. In fact, I'm pretty sure the animations have implied the Protector's masks give them the power of their element, as seen with the Protector of Fire making a fireball in front of Tahu.

• Upvote 3

Anyone think the boxes would look better if the top header (where it says Bionicle) were different colors to match the figure? Like the old canister caps.

Maybe. But that would slightly ruin the continuity for the logo. I'd have to say no. 

bZpOwEr

I'd have to say no too. Having individually colored 'box lids' would clash with the overall design.

te0FrhT.jpg