OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Since January 1st is New Years day, a lot of my local stores wont be open. So I'll have to try my luck YET AGAIN and check TRU or Target the day before, or wait until the 2nd.

I just want all the figure before LegomationStudios gets his hands on 'em. (hah) 

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm ridiculously jealous of all you 2015 set owners. Went to a Target yesterday as I was running errands and they didn't have them. :(

TAK

You think you got it bad, I live in a small town that takes forever to get new sets in, I have to wait till I can order them off amazon or the UK legoshop@home and both of those refuse to let me have them. 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

WAIT A MINUTE. I realized something for the summer sets. Remember this from the original leaks?

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/247/15b194526ed32f27.jpg

What if this is a prototype of 

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Fiq1KHY27OE/maxresdefault.jpg

and is Makuta in (sorry for meme picture it was all i could find)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/295/d/c/bionicle_2015_meme_1_by_s9y1-d83quag.png

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

WAIT A MINUTE. Remember this from the original leaks?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/295/d/c/bionicle_2015_meme_1_by_s9y1-d83quag.png

That was a fake set, obvi.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Personally I'm waiting for further confirmation because it seems slightly at odds with what the animations portray, though not exactly contradictory.  Could be an early idea that was supposed to be scrapped, could be extra information that the animations didn't include.

I personally don't see a contradiction here, we see the Protectors focussing their elemental powers together. But instead of doing this in mid air, or even pointed at the sky, they seem to point it towards the ground. If you add this up to the Mask of Time part, you can conclude they focussed their energy on the mask, with the mask responding with a time beam. :)

I'm actually wondering, are the Protectors who found and buried Ekimu the same as the ones we have in set ? Or are these a previous generation ? Because the prophecy says the Toa would have to find the Mask Maker, but if these are the same Protectors that buried him, they wouldn't really have to search for him, would they ? They could just tell the Toa where they buried him.

My assumption is that these are a new generation of Protectors who don't know where Ekimu was buried, and that he might be somewhere in the Ancient City where they no longer go, due the LoSS guarding the entrance.

-Iben

• Upvote 4

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

WAIT A MINUTE. I realized something for the summer sets. Remember this from the original leaks?

I'd report you for leaked images except I know for a fact that leak is fake because I made it myself.

• Upvote 8

I'd report you for leaked images except I know for a fact that leak is fake because I made it myself.

haaaaarsh

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm ridiculously jealous of all you 2015 set owners. Went to a Target yesterday as I was running errands and they didn't have them. :(

TAK

You think you got it bad, I live in a small town that takes forever to get new sets in, I have to wait till I can order them off amazon or the UK legoshop@home and both of those refuse to let me have them. 

Yeah, Amazon isn't gonna release them until the 1st, so I'm guessing they won't actually ship until the 2nd...fortunately, I have Amazon Prime, so if I can't find LOSS, Gali, and Onua before the 1st, I'll use Amazon. If you have Prime, might as well use it too.

• Upvote 1

I have to wait until the 15th of January! My local supplier will only get new stock then. The good side is that all of the sets will likely be there when they do arrive. So I wait two weeks and get them all at once, instead of getting drips and drabs.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

TAK

Yeah, Amazon isn't gonna release them until the 1st, so I'm guessing they won't actually ship until the 2nd...fortunately, I have Amazon Prime, so if I can't find LOSS, Gali, and Onua before the 1st, I'll use Amazon. If you have Prime, might as well use it too.

Lucky, all I have is a 30 pound gift card. 

It's time to move on.

I'm gonna miss the "worldwide" launch too. Yay. I have ~110€ saved, the moment I see all the Toa in a store I'm gonna grab a basket, put them there, empty my wallet, cycle home and then... I'm gonna play the original movie trilogy soundtrack all over, build the sets and probably weep for all the years I have waited.

Pretty normal of a day.

• Upvote 6

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

Does anyone think about the Protectors and think this: "How do they know so much about being a Toa?"

And a second thing to think about: The Vahi being very imperative at NYCC, and then the announcement of the Temple of Time? Anyone getting suspicious? 

And just because my hyperactive brain is in motion right now, the Vahi was introduced with the Toa Metru right? And the Toa Metru became the Turaga before the Toa Mata showed up, right? Soooo.........

Are the protectors the Toa Metru and does that have to do with the Vahi or the Temple of Time?

Just a small thought...

Maybe the Toa Okoto aren't the first Toa to arrive on the island. Or perhaps it's just legends passed down from father to son.

Also, anyone notice that the masks relating to jungle are reffered to as "Mask of ___" rather than "___ Mask" in the mini booklet? I guess the Jungle Mask thing on the website was a mistake.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Personally I'm waiting for further confirmation because it seems slightly at odds with what the animations portray, though not exactly contradictory.  Could be an early idea that was supposed to be scrapped, could be extra information that the animations didn't include.

I personally don't see a contradiction here, we see the Protectors focussing their elemental powers together. But instead of doing this in mid air, or even pointed at the sky, they seem to point it towards the ground. If you add this up to the Mask of Time part, you can conclude they focussed their energy on the mask, with the mask responding with a time beam. :)

I don't consider it a contradiction so much as a discrepancy.  Like I said I'm up in the air on it until the story is more solidified.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I don't consider it a contradiction so much as a discrepancy.  Like I said I'm up in the air on it until the story is more solidified.

With Vahi cameos in literally every webisode so far, as well as a Temple of Time, it wouldn't surprise me if the Gen 2 Mask of Time is in the center of the Temple of Time, and the protectors accessed its powers when they used the Temple of Time. There's definitely a Mask of Time in Gen 2, because that was confirmed back at NYCC, and I think the Vahi cameos are foreshadowing of the new Gen 2 Mask of Time.

Also, I also believe that the mysterious black mask is a villain mask, but not the MoUP. For these reasons...

1. They'e really pushing the Mask of Creation this year, so I think all of 2015 will revolve around the quest to obtain it. I also think that since they've planned out for 3 years of Gen 2 Bionicle, 2016 will be the search for the Mask of Control, and 2017 will be the quest for ULTIMATE POWER. Bringing out the Mask of Power this early makes no sense.
  2. We've had 12 of the 13 winter sets be heroes. I think the summer wave is going to be the opposite, with mostly villains and probably an Ekimu set or "Ekimu VS. ___" set.
  • Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Oh. I thought no one knew it was fake. 

cringe

So you COULD say I lucked out today...

http://i.imgur.com/WFkrkBt.jpg

I've only built Tahu so far, but he's awesome (as I predicted). The guy who worked at Target was so helpful getting the sets out from the back storage room for me. Very grateful!

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 4

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

I think I can nab them from my local Lego store. I'll call them on the 2nd, but it's going to be the 5th before I can make the trip into town. Hopefully the inventory will hold out - my Target is terrible with stocking an entire wave and I don't want to be running all over town just to get all six. :annoyed:

tumblr_nh9t1nipt61sy13izo7_1280.jpgterminator-5-release-date-new-trilogy.jp

Anybody else think the "mystery mask" kinda looks like the Terminator?

• Upvote 5

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

i checked fred-myer but of course they r always late for new stuff by 2 weeks :(  so tomorrow im going to try target, wal-mart, and toysrus. i hope they have lewa cause thats the main one i want :begging:  

but if i can't find them in store then i can always do Amazon back up so maybe...... just maybe......

tumblr_nh9t1nipt61sy13izo7_1280.jpgterminator-5-release-date-new-trilogy.jp

now i wonder how anybody could think that :ahhh:

yeah thats what i thought when i sa that.

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

I just got that new Bio2015 magazine with the mention of the Mask of Time, in the mail just now. 

You can see a lot of detail of that mysterious mask as well.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

DANG BOY!

Do you think asking the employees would help me obtain them perchance?

It took a while for me to tell the guy about the fact that the theme is back after five years, and that other people have been finding the sets at their local Targets. Took even longer to wait while he went and got them. You should probably use the DCPI checker before you leave to see if they stock the sets you want; it worked for me. But yeah, by all means try!

OMG YES

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

DANG BOY!

Do you think asking the employees would help me obtain them perchance?

It took a while for me to tell the guy about the fact that the theme is back after five years, and that other people have been finding the sets at their local Targets. Took even longer to wait while he went and got them. You should probably use the DCPI checker before you leave to see if they stock the sets you want; it worked for me. But yeah, by all means try!

OMG YES

That worked for me, too, when getting Tahu last night.

Also, if you get a few sets at one store, don't be afraid to walk right into another store with one of them in hand and ask "Got any more?" Just bring the receit from the previous store, and they can't suspect you of anything... especially if they don't have any, so... huh.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Will any of you guys give any of the 15 dollar Toa any Golden Armor like this? I think they look much more unified. Not saying theres anything wrong about the sets, because I think the sets look great! I just kinda wanted to see the other 3 Toa (Lewa, Gali, Pohatu) have Golden Armor along with their Gold Masks like the other 3 Toa (Tahu, Kopaka, Onua).

XCWFw3j.jpg

Edited by AdaptingChaos
  • Upvote 6

Will any of you guys give any of the 15 dollar Toa any Golden Armor like this? I think they look much more unified. Not saying theres anything wrong about the sets, because I think the sets look great! I just kinda wanted to see the other 3 Toa (Lewa, Gali, Pohatu) have Golden Armor along with their Gold Masks like the other 3 Toa (Tahu, Kopaka, Onua).

XCWFw3j.jpg

They look pretty snazzy, but the bigger Toa should have a sense of 'uniqueness' being $20 and all, IMO. So I'mma keep them how the were.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm not big on adding the gold to the other sets.  Pohatu's primary color matches the gold too well in my eyes, and it just sort of blends in.  Lewa's gold might work if not for the keetorange, which is more vibrant than the gold and makes the gold seem kind of dull.  And I think Gali works perfectly without the gold, since her color scheme is rather dark and muted, giving it an "under water" look.  Maybe if the gold were integrated more it'd look better, because Kopaka and Tahu and even Onua have gold chest pieces/printing/stickers that help tie them together more.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm not big on adding the gold to the other sets.  Pohatu's primary color matches the gold too well in my eyes, and it just sort of blends in.  Lewa's gold might work if not for the keetorange, which is more vibrant than the gold and makes the gold seem kind of dull.  And I think Gali works perfectly without the gold, since her color scheme is rather dark and muted, giving it an "under water" look.  Maybe if the gold were integrated more it'd look better, because Kopaka and Tahu and even Onua have gold chest pieces/printing/stickers that help tie them together more.

Yeah I guess I can see your point. I just did it like that for a while, Ive now revered them back to normal. Im having lots of fun with these sets :D

I wouldn't bother store employees about digging in the back for products that aren't released yet. I've worked in stores and most employees don't know where specific items are located in the backrooms. Those things are huge and boxes upon boxes look the same and you have to read all the labels to find the right one, and then they have to open the big boxes and get out smaller boxes and etc. You're just giving people trouble for your impatience.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't bother store employees about digging in the back for products that aren't released yet. I've worked in stores and most employees don't know where specific items are located in the backrooms. Those things are huge and boxes upon boxes look the same and you have to read all the labels to find the right one, and then they have to open the big boxes and get out smaller boxes and etc. You're just giving people trouble for your impatience.

I feel the same way. I'd probably have most of the sets by now if I bugged the employees about seeing if they had any sets they could sell me from the back, but I'd just feel pretty bad about making him/her search a single item.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

For anyone who has ordered the sets on Toysrus.com (go to LegomationStudio for information on how to do this), have your sets shipped yet or is your shipment left at "item(s) located in stock" as well? 

I don't think online orders will go through until the official street date.

You sure? If that were the case they shouldn't say the sets are in stock then and allow orders. Instead it would make more sense to only allow preorders. Using that logic I'd certainly expect to get my sets before the street date, which in many stores seems to be Jan. 4th instead of 1st.