OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I haven't been following this forum as regularly post-comic con (because I was there). Any other news/theories in the past two weeks?

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

This is pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrcelGmlG0&feature=youtu.be&a=

A Russian news channel reporting on Bionicle at Comic Con. Some BZPers appear as well!

-NotS

0:52-1:10 -- "Finding out about this, followers of Bionicle from all different countries flocked to New York for the Comic Con show to sate their sensory-emotional deprivation, as the desire to see, briefly touch, or even just smell fresh Lego plastic is what makes up the dreams of a true Bionicle fan"

This is both the funniest and most painfully truthful assessment of the Bionicle situation, Russian news is amazing :P

It sounds like something my dad would say.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

This is pretty cool:

A Russian news channel reporting on Bionicle at Comic Con. Some BZPers appear as well!

-NotS

Oh my... at 1:51-1:54... are those folks worshiping the Mask of Creation?!? :blink: :P :P :P

• Upvote 4

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Found this, too good not to post:

40d.jpg

That's the second time we've seen Green Lanterns have a connection to Bionicle...

Here's the first time:

BioLantern.jpg

And let's not forget that Green Lantern has been built with the Bionicle system...

Interesting... :P

• Upvote 7

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

This is pretty cool:

-NotS

0:52-1:10 -- "Finding out about this, followers of Bionicle from all different countries flocked to New York for the Comic Con show to sate their sensory-emotional deprivation, as the desire to see, briefly touch, or even just smell fresh Lego plastic is what makes up the dreams of a true Bionicle fan"

This is both the funniest and most painfully truthful assessment of the Bionicle situation, Russian news is amazing :P

also u c Three people from TheThreeVirtues taking a picture in front of the mask of creation  while one of them is holding the poster.

• Upvote 1

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

This is pretty cool:

-NotS

also u c Three people from TheThreeVirtues taking a picture in front of the mask of creation  while one of them is holding the poster.

Woah! You're right.

• Upvote 1

This is pretty cool:

-NotS

Woah! You're right.

Lol Mesonak is way taller than Var and Kahi

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

After seeing the review I like the new Kaukau much more. I also love her trident, but apart from that I think the set is rather unimpressive.

The new Gali looks fine, but I all the other Toa seem like much better sets to me. 

It's a pretty standard set, as is Pohatu. Not bad but not great like the 3 bigger Toa and Lewa IMO. I like the colours, and the new mask (now that I can focus on the triangular section above the circular part, giving me an entirely new view of it) but the design is very much the bare essentials. A little bit more to Gali than Pohatu thanks to her awesome trident, but I just feel like the latter has more character. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I like Gali a lot, but I think her mask would be perfect for me if the circle on the front was either removed or pushed up a little, but it's still really great!

I definitely agree - either that, or make it more subtle - a smaller circle within the triangular mouth piece, perhaps.

-NotS

Hmm... yeah, the circle does kind of break the streamlined look of the mask. I don't think it's a major problem, but it would probably look better without it.

Hail Denmark

The circle in the mask makes it look more like scuba gear, which is probably what they were going for.

Yeah I can see that for sure. I guess it works to that extent cause I do get that vibe looking at it. Regardless, I think it's definitely a nicer mask, definitely more OG Toa-like than Lewa's Miru. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

The circle in the mask makes it look more like scuba gear, which is probably what they were going for.

Yeah I can see that for sure. I guess it works to that extent cause I do get that vibe looking at it. Regardless, I think it's definitely a nicer mask, definitely more OG Toa-like than Lewa's Miru. 

-NotS

Really? I honestly quite like the new Miru. I guess I can see though why people feel that it departed too much from the original mask. The more that I think about, the more I can agree though. It's a really good looking mask, but I wish it would've stayed closer to the original.

• Upvote 1

If there is one thing that bugs me about the new Toa is that all 6 have those circles on their masks. for Kopaka, Tahu, and Pohatu, this works fine. But I really wish they weren't on Lewa and Gali's, I think they would look much better without them. And Onua is just weird. 

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I never got the circles they had on the masks. It gave them a permanent expression of shock, in my opinion. Where they a by product of creating the the head connection? Or was it to make them look more 'tribal'.

it was a mix of the pacific islander masks they were based on and the need for an inconspicuous injection point.

personally i have no idea why they /all/ have it now, since it's not even needed for the injection point anymore. :0

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

This is pretty cool:

-NotS

Since when where we the gollums of the internet.

On another note I have to make this joke "in Soviet Russia bionicle buys you".

It's time to move on.

In Soviet Russia, Bionicle doesn't exist, since Soviet Russia was gone long before Bionicle was initially released.

I'm aware of this, I just said that because that's how the joke usually goes, also did anyone notice that Ekimu and Makuta use hammers as their main tool, I wonder how long it's gonna take for some conspiracy theorist to claim that bionicle is Communist propaganda by using this argument.

It's time to move on.

In Soviet Russia, Bionicle doesn't exist, since Soviet Russia was gone long before Bionicle was initially released.

I'm aware of this, I just said that because that's how the joke usually goes, also did anyone notice that Ekimu and Makuta use hammers as their main tool, I wonder how long it's gonna take for some conspiracy theorist to claim that bionicle is Communist propaganda by using this argument.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

• Upvote 4

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

And don't forget the new Toa Lenin! 

It's time to move on.

I never got the circles they had on the masks. It gave them a permanent expression of shock, in my opinion. Where they a by product of creating the the head connection? Or was it to make them look more 'tribal'.

it was a mix of the pacific islander masks they were based on and the need for an inconspicuous injection point.

personally i have no idea why they /all/ have it now, since it's not even needed for the injection point anymore. :0

Well, technically, it IS still an injection point for most if not all of the new masks. The plastic has to be injected somewhere. Maybe an injection point on the mouth was the best way to ensure that the connection points on the sides fill properly, or maybe the designers just thought an injection point on the mouth suited the classic tribal look better than an injection point someplace else like the forehead would have.

I agree the circular mouth-hole somewhat obstructs the similarities between Gali and Lewa's new masks and their classic masks, but I don't think it hurts the overall look for any of the masks.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

And Okoto looks like Ukraine... so the Toa are actually the Russian aggressors coming from another place?

I'll get photoshop of that up ASAP. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

And Okoto looks like Ukraine... so the Toa are actually the Russian aggressors coming from another place?

I'll get photoshop of that up ASAP. 

Let's hope Putin doesn't annex any of the pieces from our sets to make himself a better moc.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.