OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

In Soviet Russia, Bionicle doesn't exist, since Soviet Russia was gone long before Bionicle was initially released.

I'm aware of this, I just said that because that's how the joke usually goes, also did anyone notice that Ekimu and Makuta use hammers as their main tool, I wonder how long it's gonna take for some conspiracy theorist to claim that bionicle is Communist propaganda by using this argument.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

And don't forget the new Toa Lenin! 

And Okoto looks like Ukraine... so the Toa are actually the Russian aggressors coming from another place?

I'll get photoshop of that up ASAP. 

Let's hope Putin doesn't annex any of the pieces from our sets to make himself a better moc.

Lord of the Skull Spiders, move over.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I found this, it made me laugh. :P This seemed like the right place for it. 

EXTERMINATE!

I made a page on LMB for things like these: https://community.lego.com/t5/BIONICLE/Really-Bad-BIONICLE-Jokes/m-p/11548869#M105561

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

In Soviet Russia, Bionicle doesn't exist, since Soviet Russia was gone long before Bionicle was initially released.

I'm aware of this, I just said that because that's how the joke usually goes, also did anyone notice that Ekimu and Makuta use hammers as their main tool, I wonder how long it's gonna take for some conspiracy theorist to claim that bionicle is Communist propaganda by using this argument.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

And Okoto looks like Ukraine... so the Toa are actually the Russian aggressors coming from another place?

Let's hope Putin doesn't annex any of the pieces from our sets to make himself a better moc.

To be fair now I think Putin should replace Makuta.

It's time to move on.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

This is going to turn sour very quickly....
  • Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

makuta_putin.jpg

They know...

• Upvote 5

I HATE SCORPIOS

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

makuta_putin.jpg

They know...

This just made my night.

• Upvote 4

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

makuta_putin.jpg

They know...

This is probably one of the best things I've seen on BZPower, great work!

It's time to move on.

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

makuta_putin.jpg

They know...

This is probably one of the best things I've seen on BZPower, great work!

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

PUTIN SET CONFIRMED!!!

No it will never turn sour, not until I prove lego for the commies they are!

It's time to move on.

So those Tahu expressions. Really liking them, glad they are experimenting with emotions.

^Raymanni - The trans orange is actually a prelim piece given out to a select few people before the Bionicle relaunch was unveiled (including BZP's own DeeVee).

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

^Raymanni - The trans orange is actually a prelim piece given out to a select few people before the Bionicle relaunch was unveiled (including BZP's own DeeVee).

-NotS

Oh yeah. I bet they will go for a really high price if they are put on ebay at some point.

Except I'm pretty sure they can't be sold due to LEGO's policy on donated pieces? I'm pretty sure something similar applies to the prototypes b6 hands out at conventions.

I found this, it made me laugh. :P This seemed like the right place for it. 

EXTERMINATE!

Haha these things are great

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Alright guys the commie talk is starting to get off topic so let's stop talking about it, but for those who wish to continue I have started a topic dedicated to this joke.

Oh man, a whole topic devoted to Bionicle-Putin jokes? Oh I know where I'm going next.  :P

But in all seriousness I'm super stoke for Bionicle 2015, and the music/sound effects in the preview video sounded phenomenal, so I have high hopes for whatever we hear next.

Question: How long are the "mini-movies" gonna be again? I think I remember 90 seconds, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure how I feel about the mini-movies, not because of the animation, but because of how much can actually be shown in that amount of time. I would've loved to see a longer TV show with full stories. I wonder who will voice the characters...

Alright guys the commie talk is starting to get off topic so let's stop talking about it, but for those who wish to continue I have started a topic dedicated to this joke.

Oh man, a whole topic devoted to Bionicle-Putin jokes? Oh I know where I'm going next.  :P

But in all seriousness I'm super stoke for Bionicle 2015, and the music/sound effects in the preview video sounded phenomenal, so I have high hopes for whatever we hear next.

Question: How long are the "mini-movies" gonna be again? I think I remember 90 seconds, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure how I feel about the mini-movies, not because of the animation, but because of how much can actually be shown in that amount of time. I would've loved to see a longer TV show with full stories. I wonder who will voice the characters...

If they have voices. They might go with the lack of voices and just have robotic sounds and captions from the original animations and games. Alternatively, the shorts could be narrated and the Toa/Masters might let out a grunt or two.

If they have voices. They might go with the lack of voices and just have robotic sounds and captions from the original animations and games. Alternatively, the shorts could be narrated and the Toa/Masters might let out a grunt or two.

According to some of the creators at NYCC, the characters in the animated shorts will, in fact, be voiced.

When asked about the length of the mini-movies, 90 seconds is the answer the creators gave us, though I'm sure some might be longer than that. The Legend video itself is 106 seconds, so not much longer than that 90-second estimate.

Edited by Aanchir

According to some of the creators at NYCC, the characters in the animated shorts will, in fact, be voiced.

When asked about the length of the mini-movies, 90 seconds is the answer the creators gave us, though I'm sure some might be longer than that. The Legend video itself is 106 seconds, so not much longer than that 90-second estimate.

I wonder if they will get the old voice actors for the shorts then.

Eugh. The quote chains are killing my phone.

On topic, I'd really like them to be longer than 90 seconds, hopefully quantity delivers.

Better than nothing.

True, but it's still a question as to how much good story can be packed into those little videos. My idea is that they will simply show the quests for the masks that the toa have. This makes a little more sense to me as to why they'd be so short (they probably wouldn't show the entire quest, just the exciting parts), but I'd still like to see them be considerably longer and maybe even shown as a TV show. If they're real popular this may happen, but as it is we can only wait.

...I suppose you can word it like that. Though in the BZP interview with that guy, forgot his name... They told BZP that the narrator will voice all the characters, and that he is really excited for us to hear Pohatu's voice.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Yep, as has been already discussed in this very topic multiple times, the narrator will be pulling a Milo and Otis and voicing the characters all himself. The shorts average ninety seconds, and according to the art director there will be "a lot of them".

• Upvote 4

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

20 X 90 seconds = 1800 seconds. 1800/60 = 30 minutes. That's a decent length TV show. :shrugs:

(Anyone remember the Templar animations? They managed to cover the whole story of a year in about that length or less. All of 2001 - 03 Templar adds to about 50 minutes. Give 'em a chance.)

Edited by fishers64

20 X 90 seconds = 1800 seconds. 1800/60 = 30 minutes. That's a decent length TV show. :shrugs:

(Anyone remember the Templar animations? They managed to cover the whole story of a year in about that length or less. All of 2001 - 03 Templar adds to about 50 minutes. Give 'em a chance.)

One of my favorite animations from MNOG was the Tarakava battle, and it was just under 50 seconds. 

A lot of scenes can be easily conveyed in the form of short animations. 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

The animations do miss out quite a bit. In 2001 the major events are nearly all featured in the MNOLG's cutscenes, and it's only background details that are missing (this largely appearing in the gameplay's conversations). In 2002 absolutely nothing from the Toa's confrontation with the Bahrag or transformation into Nuva is depicted, despite it being crucial to the end of the Bohrok storyline. And by 2003 the second MNOLG only has a couple of cutscenes, all focusing on Hahli (the main storyline being covered by the movie by then).

Edited by Sir Kohran

I'm referring to the Bohrok-Kal animations. All of the Templar animations are

I assume that they skipped the final confrontation with the Bahrag because they wanted people to read the comic or the book version. Still, they could have put it in there if they wanted to, they just didn't to my understanding. :shrugs: 

One of my favorite animations from MNOG was the Tarakava battle, and it was just under 50 seconds.

Trust me, as a fan of Naruro and Bleach, a fight takes at least six 20 minute episodes to do well...

Trust me, as a fan of Naruro and Bleach, a fight takes at least six 20 minute episodes to do well...

...That doesn't really make sense to me. A fight is cool and all but they should build characters and develop the story if they're going to be considerably longer than usual or else they're just wasting more time than they need to (and this can be achieved by having true dialogue and emotion that happens as characters are fighting). If a fight were to go considerably longer than Gali's Tarakava battle, it should have serious meaning that plays an important part. Action doesn't really equal story. You know long fights are being treated right when it's used as a lace to emphasize and actually change the characters and if they have impacts/after effects that matter. Long fights should have some sort of purpose, even if a smaller one.

But if they're not doing anything important, they're just mindless eye candy that waste people's time. A little bit of that isn't bad and can make the story you're telling funner, but it shouldn't take up more time than it needs to. 

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 3