OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

You know what I want to see the return of? Trans Glow in the dark armor pieces, like takadox had. Some CCBS shells in that style with trans white instead of blue would be really cool for takanuva.

Unfortunately, that color (294 Phosphorescent Green) doesn't exist anymore. Though then again, when Takadox used it, part of the reason it was so translucent was that it was blended with a transparent color, so maybe that kind of blended effect might still work with the new 329 White Glow.

Hang on...

Transparent+Glow in the Dark on the same piece used to be a thing?!? :OMG: I now really want to see that on a reboot Takanuva. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Weeeellllll....

He is the Toa of Light, so we should just give him rainbow armor. 

I don't like the idea of turning him into a toa rainbow dash, it just wouldn't really say "I'm the hero who will save all of okoto", no I think either gold or silver would be best as his primary colour. 

Really? Seeing a color blend of rainbows on a Master of Light would be pretty cool to me. Eh, whatever.  

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Weeeellllll....

I don't like the idea of turning him into a toa rainbow dash, it just wouldn't really say "I'm the hero who will save all of okoto", no I think either gold or silver would be best as his primary colour. 

Really? Seeing a color blend of rainbows on a Master of Light would be pretty cool to me. Eh, whatever.  

Besides I had a dream once (although I hope it was a vision from the future) that takanuva was confirmed for summer 2015, I remember in that dream he was white gold and silver, I think this colour scheme would really match (assuming it looks anything like my awesome dream). Besides if he was multi coloured I think the colours would be too inconsistent (not to mention it would probably be pretty expensive to produce). 

It's time to move on.

Weeeellllll....

Besides I had a dream once (although I hope it was a vision from the future) that takanuva was confirmed for summer 2015, I remember in that dream he was white gold and silver, I think this colour scheme would really match (assuming it looks anything like my awesome dream). Besides if he was multi coloured I think the colours would be too inconsistent (not to mention it would probably be pretty expensive to produce). 

I want him to be yellow, keetorange, and trans-yellow or trans-white because:

• Yellow is not currently occupied by any element, and I'm sure many of you want to keep the Stone sets brown this time.
  • Keetorange could be like a secondary color or something.
  • Trans-yellow or trans-white because all the other Toa have transparent parts, and we've never gotten trans-yellow or trans-white/clear bones in CCBs before.
  • Yellow looks like the sun, as does Keetorange and trans-yellow.
  • White & gold is sort of already taken by Kopaka, and I think it would be cooler if Takanuva had his own color, rather than always having a color scheme similar to Kopaka. (Even in 2003 the majority of his parts were white, not gold. And then his 2008 & 2010 forms were grey & white, and that doesn't really evoke, or rather, Avohkii a sense of light.):P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Weeeellllll....

I want him to be yellow, keetorange, and trans-yellow or trans-white because:

• Yellow is not currently occupied by any element, and I'm sure many of you want to keep the Stone sets brown this time.
  • Keetorange could be like a secondary color or something.
  • Trans-yellow or trans-white because all the other Toa have transparent parts, and we've never gotten trans-yellow or trans-white/clear bones in CCBs before.
  • Yellow looks like the sun, as does Keetorange and trans-yellow.
  • White & gold is sort of already taken by Kopaka, and I think it would be cooler if Takanuva had his own color, rather than always having a color scheme similar to Kopaka. (Even in 2003 the majority of his parts were white, not gold. And then his 2008 & 2010 forms were grey & white, and that doesn't really evoke, or rather, Avohkii a sense of light.) :P

I'd disagree, yellow really doesn't come off as a shall I say heroic colour, not to mention I think people would associate it with the element of fire rather then light. 

It's time to move on.

I'd disagree, yellow really doesn't come off as a shall I say heroic colour, not to mention I think people would associate it with the element of fire rather then light. 

I would say yellow is usually a colour last used except when it's used for lightning or gold (colour), oh and Tv Tropes; Colour-Coded Elements, it 's not fair to say TV Tropes knows whats most common, but I don't think one can fairly say yellow is more tied to Fire than Light elementally.

Although my brain is only really alternating between The Legend of Zelda & Bionicle G1, although Pokémon certainly seems to prioritise red & orange before yellow when it comes to Fire-types, yellow is consistently used as highlights... But if your looking at something mostly Red/Orange &/or Orange/Red with Yellow & then something with Yellow + X or X + Yellow (where X isn't red of orange) it's pretty clear that it's a different 'element'.

Exempting forms of colour blindness anyway... :(

But for whatever reason I don't want to see a Toa of Light with a lot of orange XD

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I would say yellow is usually a colour last used except when it's used for lightning or gold (colour), oh and Tv Tropes; Colour-Coded Elements, it 's not fair to say TV Tropes knows whats most common, but I don't think one can fairly say yellow is more tied to Fire than Light elementally.

Although my brain is only really alternating between The Legend of Zelda & Bionicle G1, although Pokémon certainly seems to prioritise red & orange before yellow when it comes to Fire-types, yellow is consistently used as highlights... But if your looking at something mostly Red/Orange &/or Orange/Red with Yellow & then something with Yellow + X or X + Yellow (where X isn't red of orange) it's pretty clear that it's a different 'element'.

Exempting forms of colour blindness anyway... :(

But for whatever reason I don't want to see a Toa of Light with a lot of orange XD

I don't think they should/would go with yellow, I'd like to point out that lego are trying to be very respectful to the original character designs and colour schemes(usually with an extra colour added), so if takanuva were to return I think we would get something reminiscent of the original, hence why I think gold silver and white would work (with the added colour being silver).

It's time to move on.

I don't see why people think Tr. Yellow would not be appropriate for a Toa of Light. After all, yellow is the color of the sun (as seen from Earth, at any rate). Also, Takanuva's gold armor has pretty much always been depicted as yellowish in the movies and comics — since transparent gold is not a thing, Tr. Yellow is possibly the closest you might come to a transparent version of that color.

It's also possible that a new Toa of Light might even be able to use certain colors from the current palette that have never previously appeared in constraction, like Cool Yellow. That's a very sunny color I think, but not so warm that it looks fiery. Cool Yellow and Warm Gold would certainly make an interesting color combination for a Toa of Light, and one that could not be confused with any of the six main elements! You could even throw in Tr. Yellow to add an extra dose of energy!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

Yellow should be for a Toa of lightning...not a Toa of light.

Personally if we DO ever get a Toa of Lightning (and I'm not too keen on the idea given the classic Bionicle's element sprawl), I'd rather they had a less ordinary primary color. Like Medium Lavender! That'd be a neat color to have in Constraction.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

They remind me of the Shellek so much.

Why am I the only person who thinks the Skull Spiders look like the Kraahkan and that the Protector Masks look like the Arthron? Also, one thing to note: You know how the Vahi's only half a mask? Look at what the Protector Mask doesn't cover, and what the Vahi does.

The Protector mask leaves less of the face uncovered than people seem to think. I wouldn't by any means call it half a mask. Most of what it leaves exposed are the sides of the lower jaw, but the same could be said of the noble Kanohi Huna from 2001. The biggest difference is that the new mask for the Protectors doesn't wrap around the bottom of the chin.

• Upvote 1

I don't see why people think Tr. Yellow would not be appropriate for a Toa of Light. After all, yellow is the color of the sun (as seen from Earth, at any rate). Also, Takanuva's gold armor has pretty much always been depicted as yellowish in the movies and comics — since transparent gold is not a thing, Tr. Yellow is possibly the closest you might come to a transparent version of that color.

It's also possible that a new Toa of Light might even be able to use certain colors from the current palette that have never previously appeared in constraction, like Cool Yellow. That's a very sunny color I think, but not so warm that it looks fiery. Cool Yellow and Warm Gold would certainly make an interesting color combination for a Toa of Light, and one that could not be confused with any of the six main elements! You could even throw in Tr. Yellow to add an extra dose of energy!

Yellow would be appropriate, just not as the primary color. Yellow accents and whatnot though? That would work.

Personally if we DO ever get a Toa of Lightning (and I'm not too keen on the idea given the classic Bionicle's element sprawl), I'd rather they had a less ordinary primary color. Like Medium Lavender! That'd be a neat color to have in Constraction.

Lightning is normally yellow though. But lavender could work on a female Toa of Gravity for sure.

Yellow would be appropriate, just not as the primary color. Yellow accents and whatnot though? That would work.

Lightning is normally yellow though. But lavender could work on a female Toa of Gravity for sure.

Actually, lightning is usually white or yellow with a bluish or purplish tint. Which explains the old color scheme.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Actually, lightning is usually white or yellow with a bluish or purplish tint. Which explains the old color scheme.

I rarely see bluish or purplish, but I've seen it before. Even seen greenish once. I just think yellow and/or white is what people tend to most commonly associate lightning with. Perhaps a Toa of light could be predominantly white with gold/yellow, and a Toa of lightning could be predominantly yellow with white...distinguishes them some, I suppose.

I agree with my brother's sentiment that Medium Lavender would be a good color for lightning characters in the new BIONICLE. It's got a similar luminosity to some of the other Toa colors like Bright Green or Dark Azur. Bright Reddish Violet (Bricklink's Magenta) might also work, since it's close to the Bright Violet used by Electro ("Energy Slizer") and Spark from the Slizer/Throwbots series.

But with that said, I don't think the new BIONICLE should be in any hurry to introduce more elements than what it has currently, because with the old BIONICLE it kind of got out of control. Few elements outside the main six, light, and shadow, were ever established well enough to really justify their existence. At least light was rare because it was special and important, but the scarcity of elements like Sonics and Plantlife implied the exact opposite — that for some reason they didn't matter enough to make it onto any of the Toa teams with really important destinies, or onto any of the islands where important events transpired. Not to mention that some, like Psionics, Magnetism, and Gravity, hardly even felt like elements in the same sense as Fire, Water, Earth, or Air. They are invisible, intangible forces that lack that sort of iconic visual flair.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Yes. They're called Protectors in the sets, although they might have a different in-story name. (Like how the Toa are called Masters in the sets but Toa in the story.)

I think the "Protector" title may be specific to the characters those sets represent. The villagers currently have no official name, and the village elders, the ones the sets are made to be, are called the Protectors, so I think only the elders are called Protectors.

• Upvote 2

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I agree with my brother's sentiment that Medium Lavender would be a good color for lightning characters in the new BIONICLE. It's got a similar luminosity to some of the other Toa colors like Bright Green or Dark Azur. Bright Reddish Violet (Bricklink's Magenta) might also work, since it's close to the Bright Violet used by Electro ("Energy Slizer") and Spark from the Slizer/Throwbots series.

But with that said, I don't think the new BIONICLE should be in any hurry to introduce more elements than what it has currently, because with the old BIONICLE it kind of got out of control. Few elements outside the main six, light, and shadow, were ever established well enough to really justify their existence. At least light was rare because it was special and important, but the scarcity of elements like Sonics and Plantlife implied the exact opposite — that for some reason they didn't matter enough to make it onto any of the Toa teams with really important destinies, or onto any of the islands where important events transpired. Not to mention that some, like Psionics, Magnetism, and Gravity, hardly even felt like elements in the same sense as Fire, Water, Earth, or Air. They are invisible, intangible forces that lack that sort of iconic visual flair.

Would that color work well with the "keetorange" shade (which I do not know the official name of)? Because I've always felt that the "keetorange" color would fit lightning very well. 

Although a lavender & white Toa of Lightning would honestly be like a dream come true. Man, I'd buy three of that set.

• Upvote 1

So do we know what the "civilians" (i.e. the equivalent of G1 Matoran) will be called this time?

As SuperGeniusCreator (who is slowly but surely becoming an expert on the kind of trivia Aanchir and I indulge in) said, the villagers don't have names. They're just "villagers," at least for now. And frankly, I wouldn't mind them staying that way, since Bionicle's overabundance of distinct species with unique power sets and characteristics was a bit of a burden in the original theme. If they ever need to be distinguished from a later group of villagers they could just be differentiated by their homeland—"Okotoans" (or a similar but catchier name). After all, fans did that in the classic Bionicle anyway, with names like "Metruan" or "Voyatoran" to differentiate between the different groups of villagers.

Would that color work well with the "keetorange" shade (which I do not know the official name of)? Because I've always felt that the "keetorange" color would fit lightning very well.

Although a lavender & white Toa of Lightning would honestly be like a dream come true. Man, I'd buy three of that set.

I wouldn't expect Medium Lavender and Keetorange to work that well together in a color scheme—Keetorange (Flame Yellowish Orange) is just too vibrant and would completely wash out the subtler Medium Lavender. And besides, Keetorange is currently used heavily on the Jungle characters, so I don't know if it would work that well as the primary color of another element.

Hm, medium lavender sounds cool, if a little too bright for my tastes. Then again, lightning is pretty bright. ^_^

I think blue/white looks nice. The blue could be a lighter shade. I'm not really familiar with lightning being purple but that's probably because I don't see it often. It rains a bunch around my parts, but lightning is a rare treat for me!

Hm, medium lavender sounds cool, if a little too bright for my tastes. Then again, lightning is pretty bright. ^_^

I think blue/white looks nice. The blue could be a lighter shade. I'm not really familiar with lightning being purple but that's probably because I don't see it often. It rains a bunch around my parts, but lightning is a rare treat for me!

yeah, the purple is basically the fringe of the lightning's white intensity meets the night sky kinda thing, gives it a purple tint that's lovely to see. (hard to get outside photos though.)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

So do we know what the "civilians" (i.e. the equivalent of G1 Matoran) will be called this time?

As SuperGeniusCreator (who is slowly but surely becoming an expert on the kind of trivia Aanchir and I indulge in) said, the villagers don't have names. They're just "villagers," at least for now. And frankly, I wouldn't mind them staying that way, since Bionicle's overabundance of distinct species with unique power sets and characteristics was a bit of a burden in the original theme. If they ever need to be distinguished from a later group of villagers they could just be differentiated by their homeland—"Okotoans" (or a similar but catchier name). After all, fans did that in the classic Bionicle anyway, with names like "Metruan" or "Voyatoran" to differentiate between the different groups of villagers.

I wouldn't expect Medium Lavender and Keetorange to work that well together in a color scheme—Keetorange (Flame Yellowish Orange) is just too vibrant and would completely wash out the subtler Medium Lavender. And besides, Keetorange is currently used heavily on the Jungle characters, so I don't know if it would work that well as the primary color of another element.

Yes!! All my research on Lego stuff wasn't a waste of time after all! :P  And Medium Lavender is... an interesting idea for a Toa of Lightning. In my opinion, I would want a Toa of lightning to be Earth Blue (Metru Blue) & white/silver.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Oh yes, white glow would be very pleasant for a toa of lightning... Sadly though my experiences with glow in the dark parts from Lego isn't great. I haven't bought a new set in a real long time so I dunno what the standards are now, but hopefully better than they used to be.

Oh yes, white glow would be very pleasant for a toa of lightning... Sadly though my experiences with glow in the dark parts from Lego isn't great. I haven't bought a new set in a real long time so I dunno what the standards are now, but hopefully better than they used to be.

329 White Glow is a color that's only existed since 2012. It replaced the previous glow-in-the dark color 294 Phosphorescent Green, which had been used since 2005. Phosphorescent Green glows brighter than White Glow (since its translucency lets it absorb more light), but it's much less pretty due to its greenish tinge even when lit.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Yes!! All my research on Lego stuff wasn't a waste of time after all! :P  And Medium Lavender is... an interesting idea for a Toa of Lightning. In my opinion, I would want a Toa of lightning to be Earth Blue (Metru Blue) & white/silver.

I've done that before, and it looks okay. It is a bit too reminiscent of Hahli Inika, though. In think a medium lavender and white Toa of Lightning would be the best colors for them. What would really make my day would be translucent medium lavender.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Do we know when the new Bionicles will be hitting shelves? And how about in Canada?

I know the official release date is supposed to be in the new year, but I read on Eurobricks that people are expecting them to pop up by the end of November/beginning of December... 

Unless your stores/location runs into serious issues it'll by January 2, very early in January.

The reason people are saying they'll expect them earlier is because tehy'll be shipped out a while ebfore then, & stores get things before their release date; they aren't supposed to sell them until them, but it's never been terribly uncommon for stores to sell products of any sort before their official release. What time they will actually arrive in stores is harder to say, but unless you're somewhere remote or crisis-struck it'll be there by there before January.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I was just reading Aanchir's excellent review of kopaka, and I noticed something. In the instructions page highlighting the "combo" model, it shows a brief ad for the bionicle app. In this, you can see a still of the protector of fire with a fireball in his hand. Does this mean the protectors have low level elemental powers?

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I was just reading Aanchir's excellent review of kopaka, and I noticed something. In the instructions page highlighting the "combo" model, it shows a brief ad for the bionicle app. In this, you can see a still of the protector of fire with a fireball in his hand. Does this mean the protectors have low level elemental powers?

Possibly. I mean, the Turaga did, even though they rarely used them. Also, since the "legend" video tells us that masks in the new BIONICLE are made from the elements, it wouldn't be out of the question for the masks themselves to potentially grant low-level elemental powers.
  • Upvote 2