Poll: Greg Farshtey

fishers64

Everybody Loves GregF (Not?)  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hope Greg Farshtey makes books for bionicle 2015

He is definitely 100% not.

I'll laugh so hard when he does.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

And what reason do you have to believe that both he and the Lego employees at NYCC lied to us when they confirmed that he won't be doing so?

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

... but I don't think he even cares at all about the decisions he rubberstamps anymore.

Well, should he really care? I mean, the old Bionicle is purely for the fans now. The Powers That Be and The Yesterday Quest were made just for us BZP fans, and with 2015 seemingly being a reboot I think we'll never be able to revisit the original Bionicle. If a fan asks him to canonize something that doesn't contradict canon or isn't extremely radical, since it doesn't affect the new line at all, why shouldn't he indulge the fanbase and canonize it?

He shouldn't because:

1) It's a dead story. At this point, the fans can do whatever they want with it anyway because it can never be contradicted now. If he continues canonizing things because of his "why not" attitude, that luxury is lost.

2) He can barely remember what he's said about it before. I wouldn't be surprised if the man just goes to BS01 to remember what he's said about BIONICLE before. This isn't a new problem, but it's gotten worse since BIONICLE ended and will only get worse as time goes on.

3) Many of these canonizations were controversial to begin with. Back then, they served a purpose for fanfics and MOCs and so forth, but now, because of what I stated in my first point, the story belongs to the fans, and it's best for each fan to be able to continue the story as they see fit.

Of course, those are just my reasons, and therefore purely subjective. Another may interpret the situation differently, but this is why I don't think Greg should still be taking suggestions. Answering questions, yes; taking suggestions, no.

Edited by Lewigi
How well will you die?

And what reason do you have to believe that both he and the Lego employees at NYCC lied to us when they confirmed that he won't be doing so?

Greg said he didn't know if he would be writing the books.

I believe, I may be mistaken though, that at NYCC they said that they haven't chosen writers yet.

I have certain reasons to believe why Greg will be writing the books.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Greg said he didn't know if he would be writing the books.

I believe, I may be mistaken though, that at NYCC they said that they haven't chosen writers yet.

I have certain reasons to believe why Greg will be writing the books.

Then please share them, good sir, for the sake of discussion.

How well will you die?

It really doesn't get much clearer than this.

Unless you are privy to information even the people at this panel were not, I can't see how you could be so confident that Greg will be writing the books, in the face of a member of the team outright saying "Greg will not be writing the books".

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

It's a shame that he is not involved at all. He did some great work and were he involved in a team, he would not go crazy with badly thought-out serials and fan service with characters (which, considering we only know 8 characters and a big spider, wouldn't happen for a good while).

He did like to make a lot of things canon. Some things were good, some weren't. But the fans were involved and that is unique to our franchise and something that should not be ignored with this new story team.

Competitions like in 2009 would be nice, so long as it fits into the story, and isn't done for the sake of it.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

It's a shame that he is not involved at all. He did some great work and were he involved in a team, he would not go crazy with badly thought-out serials and fan service with characters (which, considering we only know 8 characters and a big spider, wouldn't happen for a good while).

It's not quite true that he is not involved at all. He was a consultant during early story development. But he will not be a member of the new story team.

... but I don't think he even cares at all about the decisions he rubberstamps anymore.

Well, should he really care? I mean, the old Bionicle is purely for the fans now. The Powers That Be and The Yesterday Quest were made just for us BZP fans, and with 2015 seemingly being a reboot I think we'll never be able to revisit the original Bionicle. If a fan asks him to canonize something that doesn't contradict canon or isn't extremely radical, since it doesn't affect the new line at all, why shouldn't he indulge the fanbase and canonize it?

Because a single person's canonization suggestion doesn't represent the whole fanbase. Other people may not like what gets forgetconned, and getting your personal suggestion canonized at our expense without considering our opinions is disrespectful.

• Upvote 1

Because a single person's canonization suggestion doesn't represent the whole fanbase. Other people may not like what gets forgetconned, and getting your personal suggestion canonized at our expense without considering our opinions is disrespectful.

Oh, of course it is. But that hasn't stopped people before from taking advantage of Greg like that and annoying everyone else.

• Upvote 2