Project Mangai

I homestly love all of them, and while I will go into detail on each of them later on, I would like to point out what I think about Naho.

I think that the 3 shades of blue are awesome, and somehow I just see that being Naho, but I do feel that the silver and ccbs seems to be intriguing. I would replace the Tahnok Kal shield with Ghalok's shield, and use the blue fire sword that came with Berix or a Gali hook for the tip of the spear, use the light blue thigh/upper arm piece with a dark blue armor for the thigh, and give her light blue hips :)

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

All in all, good job! The Metru build was one of my favorites to tinker with back in the day, and it's nice to see someone still using it  :)

I just have two points I'd like to hit on:

1.  Giving Nidhiki Nuparu's Volitak. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I've always felt that the Kualisi design should've been Nidhiki's mask, and the knowledge that it was intended to be the original Volitak only affirms this. If Norik's Pehkui was reworked to look like a Kiril, why couldn't Nidhiki's Volitak look like a Kualsi? Were I you, I'd go onto bricklink and order up Defilak's Kualsi.

2. Akamu and his Akaku. The Akaku was always the problem child of the Mata Kanohi with its bare-minimum chin coverage. I'd suggest either attaching Akamu's head like you did with Vaku, or changing his mask to something different. AVOID THE NOODLENECK, FRIEND.

• Upvote 1

All in all, good job! The Metru build was one of my favorites to tinker with back in the day, and it's nice to see someone still using it  :)

I just have two points I'd like to hit on:

1.  Giving Nidhiki Nuparu's Volitak. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I've always felt that the Kualisi design should've been Nidhiki's mask, and the knowledge that it was intended to be the original Volitak only affirms this. If Norik's Pehkui was reworked to look like a Kiril, why couldn't Nidhiki's Volitak look like a Kualsi? Were I you, I'd go onto bricklink and order up Defilak's Kualsi.

2. Akamu and his Akaku. The Akaku was always the problem child of the Mata Kanohi with its bare-minimum chin coverage. I'd suggest either attaching Akamu's head like you did with Vaku, or changing his mask to something different. AVOID THE NOODLENECK, FRIEND.

About the Volitak, I'm just trying to keep them as accurate to the story as possible. I attached Akamu's head like that so make him look sleek and agile, to fit his personality and fighting style. Thanks for your feedback!

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Good work on Krodan, although it's too bad you couldn't stick with the Metru build for all of them.

I did it on purpose. The Toa Mangai weren't always a team, they came from all over the Matoran universe, so it would make sense for some to have different builds. Or maybe I'm making excuses because LEGO didn't make a silver Metru torso ;_; 

Edited by Toa Chronix

• 2 weeks later...

I like Kumu's color scheme. Maybe he could do without the Mata green, because it's so bright compared to all the other colors on the build, but it really doesn't look all that bad.

Just a note: the Zatth is the Mask of Summoning, it doesn't allow you to control Rahi; the real name of the Mask of Rahi Control is unknown.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like Kumu's color scheme. Maybe he could do without the Mata green, because it's so bright compared to all the other colors on the build, but it really doesn't look all that bad.

Just a note: the Zatth is the Mask of Summoning, it doesn't allow you to control Rahi; the real name of the Mask of Rahi Control is unknown.

Oh. I should probably fix that then.

The Toa Mangai of the Green wears a Mask of Healing... It could always be a Mask of Healing the shape of a Zatth. And its Toa of the Green, not Toa of Plantlife.

Looks good though. Thumbs up.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The Toa Mangai of the Green wears a Mask of Healing... It could always be a Mask of Healing the shape of a Zatth. And its Toa of the Green, not Toa of Plantlife.

Listen Boidoh, if you have your way with all the polls and whatnot, Chronix's entire project is going to become pretty inaccurate. Why not let him make his own version of what he thinks the Toa should be like?

Also, I'm pretty sure Plantlife is a fine name for it. May not be technically accurate but it's colloquially accepted.

• Upvote 9

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Listen Boidoh, if you have your way with all the polls and whatnot, Chronix's entire project is going to become pretty inaccurate. Why not let him make his own version of what he thinks the Toa should be like?

Also, I'm pretty sure Plantlife is a fine name for it. May not be technically accurate but it's colloquially accepted.

The entire project isn't accepted canon anyway. Might as well let Chronix have his fun.

Besides, Plantlife and "of the Green" technically mean the same thing. It's just a very minor difference.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

There has been no info regarding any Toa Mangai of Plantlife. I am going by canon info, not things other BzP users have made up and done polls about among themselves.

Also, the element is called Plantlife. 'The Green' is just another term for it. http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Plantlife

Oh and I also don't feel like taking apart all my MOCs (Which came before all this other Mangai talk) and starting over just because some other fans decided whatever they say is canon. 

Edited by Toa Chronix
  • Upvote 7

I liked the Toa of Plantlife. I think a little more blue on him would have worked better to suit the natural armor better and make the distinction between Toa of Air, but nonetheless, I think it looks good! I'm a fan of the brown ornament you gave him, really inspires a foresty vibe.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

There has been no info regarding any Toa Mangai of Plantlife. I am going by canon info, not things other BzP users have made up and done polls about among themselves.

Also, the element is called Plantlife. 'The Green' is just another term for it. http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Plantlife

Oh and I also don't feel like taking apart all my MOCs (Which came before all this other Mangai talk) and starting over just because some other fans decided whatever they say is canon. 

It is canon info. The BIONICLE Wikia is terrible. Most of their information is extremely archaic or doesn't have any references to back them up.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/The_Green

Now there is a site worth looking at.

Also, this is CANON INFO. This poll BZP users "made up" was suggested to be done by Greg, and has been accepted into official canon. See here: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Toa_Mangai

Look in the members section. What do you see?

Though that shouldn't matter. I think the MOCs look good, and you shouldn't take them apart. As Greg said, any fan-fic of any sort can be considered an Alternate Universe.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It is canon info. The BIONICLE Wikia is terrible. Most of their information is extremely archaic or doesn't have any references to back them up.

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/The_Green

Now there is a site worth looking at.

Also, this is CANON INFO. This poll BZP users "made up" was suggested to be done by Greg, and has been accepted into official canon. See here: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Toa_Mangai

Look in the members section. What do you see?

Though that shouldn't matter. I think the MOCs look good, and you shouldn't take them apart. As Greg said, any fan-fic of any sort can be considered an Alternate Universe.

I'm pretty sure Greg simply said "sure, go ahead" on the LEGO Message Boards a while ago without actually approving any of these polls.

Anyway as Windrider said, I think that is enough talk about what is canon and what isn't.

Edited by Toa Chronix
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Wow, I really like these. Of all the Toa, I really wish we had gotten either a few Mangai or the rest of the Hagah as official sets, so props to you for bringing them to life as such.

I'm working on my own version of Nidhiki, myself, so I was glad to come across these for some inspiration!

Wow, great job!

Did you have to take any apart and rebuild them again as other people?

I think he just ordered everything separately, cuz he mentioned that the Toa of Ice stuff came in a Bricklink order. That implies all of the necessary parts he needs for those Toa were in that order.

(Right? I didn't check.)

mindeth the cobwebs