LEGO Apparently Slips Up and Confirms BIONICLE Again

Hapori Tohu

Woo hoo, four days until everybody can start being overly critical about how the new theme doesn't meet up to their expectations! Can't wait!

:music:

Pfffff, please. People are always critical. It's what some fans do, day in and day out, to show that they care. (I'm part of that group. Sometimes we get overenthusiastic.) 'Sides, we're allowed to be disappointed if we are. We're also allowed to be, and sometimes/often are, wrong. Alllllllll kinds of wrong. And liable to fall prey to the Marmite Effect.

Edited by Lielac
  • Upvote 1

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Wow i never would have noticed that, great find!

And you can also tell that this has something to do with BIONICLE because of the 6 different colored tiles in the top right and bottom left corners of the image as they represent the 6 different elements in BIONICLE!

BIONICLE 2015 FTW!

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

No... no I don't think any execs are facepalming, or groaning, or going like "Darn, how did that happen?"

This is too much to be not deliberate!

they've done it all on purpose.

Instead of facepalming, I thinking they're more like ROFL-ing XD

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

No... no I don't think any execs are facepalming, or groaning, or going like "Darn, how did that happen?"

This is too much to be not deliberate!

they've done it all on purpose.

Instead of facepalming, I thinking they're more like ROFL-ing XD

It's a coincidence that this occurs nearly one day after the individual leaked prototype pictures. I have my fingers crossed that it is indeed Bionicle and not that Lego made the picture file name the way it is, just to trick us with the reveal of another theme...

Edited by Rooster Nui

Plot twist - announcement on Friday isn't Bionicle (which is instead announced quietly online over Twitter) and they announce something no one cares about (I don't know a new line of fragrances by Lego (though I'd probably buy into that still...))

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Plot twist - announcement on Friday isn't Bionicle (which is instead announced quietly online over Twitter) and they announce something no one cares about (I don't know a new line of fragrances by Lego (though I'd probably buy into that still...))

The new My Little Pony pets for LEGO Friends!

How awesome is THAT!?

By the way, anybody ever noticed that the end of Faber Files video said "The first book of the Bionicle saga is complete".

I mean, first book.

Funny I never heard that mentioned...

Edited by Tattorack

Like some other folks, I'm wondering if Lego leaks this stuff intentionally just to get people excited.

They don't. They very very don't.

Well, a few other people, but yes, not that many people are wondering if it was actually intentional, sigh...

No, what DeeVee meant is that LEGO does not leak this stuff intentionally. They have marketing departments dedicated to coming up with the right way to do product launches, and those plans don't include leaking things.

You also have to remember that even though the LEGO fan community is watching this stuff closely, normal people have no idea about leaks and image file names and what have you. So even if we think we know what the announcement it going to be, it'll still take a lot of people by surprise.

• Upvote 1

Guys, for all we know, that yellow tile could be for Evo and LEGO is actually revealing that HF is going to be sold alonside BIONICLE. It isn't the only franchise w/ six heroes with powers.

The filename could be to throw people off.

Food for thought.

Edited by Manterax Prime

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Why do so many people think that it is Lego Fantastic Four? Doesn't that already fall under the Marvel Super Heroes umbrella? Besides, I highly doubt they would do something like this for the release of new Super Heroes sets. They didn't do this for Guardians of the Galaxy, after all or Avengers. They just released new sets.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Why do so many people think that it is Lego Fantastic Four? Doesn't that already fall under the Marvel Super Heroes umbrella? Besides, I highly doubt they would do something like this for the release of new Super Heroes sets. They didn't do this for Guardians of the Galaxy, after all or Avengers. They just released new sets.

Well, it does somehow look like the F4 symbol, on top of something that looks like (in my opinion) the half-finished shield of Cpatain America in Iron Man.

Well, it does somehow look like the F4 symbol, on top of something that looks like (in my opinion) the half-finished shield of Cpatain America in Iron Man.

It also looks like an old-timey movie countdown. Maybe they're making an old-timey movies theme.

My theory is it's a countdown to a promotional BIONICLE teaser video showing clips from an upcoming BIONICLE TV series (if not that, then just a short promotional video by Ghost or the like, but I think a TV series is quite possible). The same day, a teaser website for BIONICLE will be released on BIONICLE.com.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

By the way, anybody ever noticed that the end of Faber Files video said "The first book of the Bionicle saga is complete".

I mean, first book.

2001-2008 was the "first book" of Bionicle. 2009 and onwards was going to be the second but the line was kind of cancelled, so...

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

It also looks like an old-timey movie countdown. Maybe they're making an old-timey movies theme.

Yeah, thats what I thought at first too, but then considered it silly.

Well, now that others see the same I suppose it wasn't as silly as I thought...

I mean, first book.

2001-2008 was the "first book" of Bionicle. 2009 and onwards was going to be the second but the line was kind of cancelled, so...

Really? Because the Faber vid had it about the Toa, Mata Nui and finally completing their task (reuniting the broken bits of Spherus Magna).

But... I could be wrong.

I mean, first book.

Really? Because the Faber vid had it about the Toa, Mata Nui and finally completing their task (reuniting the broken bits of Spherus Magna).

But... I could be wrong.

I think we're talking about different videos then. :P

Could you send me a PM with the link?

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

I checked the URL again, and it appears that Lego has altered it so that it doesn't include the "Bionicle-4-new" anymore.  I could be wrong.  But if they did change the file, then doesn't that mean Lego is trying to cover up their mistake?  This only confirms it more for me.  Woohoo!  Bionicle shall reign once more (Hopefully)!  :br:

Guys, for all we know, that yellow tile could be for Evo and LEGO is actually revealing that HF is going to be sold alonside BIONICLE. It isn't the only franchise w/ six heroes with powers.

The filename could be to throw people off.

Food for thought.

I said something similar to this a while ago on a different topic, but I think it was agreed upon that HF can't coexist along Bionicle because they'll just cannibalize each others sales.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

I checked the URL again, and it appears that Lego has altered it so that it doesn't include the "Bionicle-4-new" anymore.  I could be wrong.  But if they did change the file, then doesn't that mean Lego is trying to cover up their mistake?  This only confirms it more for me.  Woohoo!  Bionicle shall reign once more (Hopefully)!   :br:

I haven't actually looked at the URL for the picture myself, so I can't say whether you're right or not. If you are right, then it's just like with the Lego website redirecting Bionicle and then Lego going back and changing it afterwards.

Honestly, they're trying too hard to keep it a secret, and it's not working very well. :P

• Upvote 1

Yeah, thats what I thought at first too, but then considered it silly.

Well, now that others see the same I suppose it wasn't as silly as I thought...

It is silly. I was being silly. It only looks like an old-timey movie countdown because it's an iconic form of countdown.

I checked the URL again, and it appears that Lego has altered it so that it doesn't include the "Bionicle-4-new" anymore.  I could be wrong.  But if they did change the file, then doesn't that mean Lego is trying to cover up their mistake?  This only confirms it more for me.  Woohoo!  Bionicle shall reign once more (Hopefully)!   :br:

The URL hasn't changed for me. For them to have changed it they'd have to repost it and delete the old one, which would be really awkward for them to do on social media, especially when it's been up there for more than a day as it is.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I bet that Lego never planned on ending Bionicle permanently in the first place.  In 2010, they were probably just like, "We'll end Bionicle now and bring it back in 5 years.  Mwahaha, they'll never see it coming!"

That would be a terrible plan considering every year since it ended people have been crying "BIONICLE'S COMING BACK NEXT YEAR"

I bet that Lego never planned on ending Bionicle permanently in the first place.  In 2010, they were probably just like, "We'll end Bionicle now and bring it back in 5 years.  Mwahaha, they'll never see it coming!"

Unlikely, but for what it's worth they were never committed to NOT bringing it back. Part of the reason they ended it when it did until milking it until it was dry was so they could leave that door open. If they had kept BIONICLE going until it became their worst-selling theme they'd have had a much harder time trying to convince retailers and licensing partners to put their faith in new BIONICLE sets, let alone any similar products. As it is, being able to boast that they're "the creators of BIONICLE" still holds some power, if not as much as it would have back in 2002 or 2003.

Related: this is why Galidor is probably never coming back. It's got a story that could probably have potential if its creators were to approach the sets from a different angle, but no retailer or licensing partner wants to invest in a franchise that nobody in the industry remembers as anything other than a miserable failure.

• Upvote 2

Related: this is why Galidor is probably never coming back. It's got a story that could probably have potential if its creators were to approach the sets from a different angle, but no retailer or licensing partner wants to invest in a franchise that nobody in the industry remembers as anything other than a miserable failure.

I doubt there are that many people working in retail who remember a line from over ten years ago. I think Galidor won't come back simply because the whole 'franchise' was inherently unappealing - not only did the products not sell, the show didn't have strong viewing figures.

I am certainly looking forward to Friday now...

I mean, first book.

But... I could be wrong.

I would also like to see this video...

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

I mean, first book.

But... I could be wrong.

I am certainly looking forward to Friday now...

I mean, first book.

But... I could be wrong.

I would also like to see this video...

Its impossible to link to since the Biomedia Project website is 75% flash and java.

But look on its "videos" section for the panel that says "Faber files".

Clicking on that should make a kind of webplayer pop up.

Its impossible to link to since the Biomedia Project website is 75% flash and java.

Not sure what you're seeing but as far as I can see the BMP website does not have a bit of neither Flash nor Java. Heck, not even the video player works with Flash. Also, you probably meant Javascript, which is in fact what the website is mostly written in but I can link to the webplayer just fine. Here is a direct link to the video.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I doubt there are that many people working in retail who remember a line from over ten years ago. I think Galidor won't come back simply because the whole 'franchise' was inherently unappealing - not only did the products not sell, the show didn't have strong viewing figures.

No, but the people who don't remember it at all will do some basic research and consult people and sites that DO remember it. And all those will send them the same message. But you're right, the TV show's failure was another nail in the coffin. Edited by Aanchir

Did they release a number 3 picture? If yes, what's the file name?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Did they release a number 3 picture? If yes, what's the file name?

They haven't released one. Perhaps they only intended to say that the announcement was in four days, not make a countdown. Or perhaps they realized we'd figured it out and decided we didn't need any more hints. :P
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My fingers are still crossed for Galidor.

The dream will come true one day....

...one day.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Not sure what you're seeing but as far as I can see the BMP website does not have a bit of neither Flash nor Java. Heck, not even the video player works with Flash. Also, you probably meant Javascript, which is in fact what the website is mostly written in but I can link to the webplayer just fine. Here is a direct link to the video.

-Gata signoff.png

Gatanui is correct, there's absolutely no Flash or Java based elements of the site itself. Of course, a lot of media is Flash, but that's just the media, not the site. Unless you're on an archaic browser like IE8 or below there should be no problems viewing the site, even if you're on a mobile device.

Bliss.png

Unlikely, but for what it's worth they were never committed to NOT bringing it back. Part of the reason they ended it when it did until milking it until it was dry was so they could leave that door open. If they had kept BIONICLE going until it became their worst-selling theme they'd have had a much harder time trying to convince retailers and licensing partners to put their faith in new BIONICLE sets, let alone any similar products. As it is, being able to boast that they're "the creators of BIONICLE" still holds some power, if not as much as it would have back in 2002 or 2003.

Yes, yes, I was mostly joking.  But you're right, when Bionicle left, Lego never said, "It's gone forever."  They said "For the foreseeable future."  Which means we can know for certain that Lego had no plans for a permanent end of Bionicle.

My theory is it's a countdown to a promotional BIONICLE teaser video showing clips from an upcoming BIONICLE TV series (if not that, then just a short promotional video by Ghost or the like, but I think a TV series is quite possible). The same day, a teaser website for BIONICLE will be released on BIONICLE.com.

-Gata signoff.png

So weird to think about that possibility. I guess If Bionicle is going to take back the Hero Factory Niche, there wouldn't be any reason not to have a show.

Wow.

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.