Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

Hey everyone, if any of you have a huge sum of money on hand, this shop on Bricklink is selling two VERY rare prototypes. The Brown Komau and the Yellow Huna!

https://store.bricklink.com/BGP?p=BGP&itemID=169222228#/shop?o={%22itemType%22:%22P%22,%22catID%22:%22235%22,%22showHomeItems%22:0}

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Hey everyone, if any of you have a huge sum of money on hand, this shop on Bricklink is selling two VERY rare prototypes. The Brown Komau and the Yellow Huna!

https://store.bricklink.com/BGP?p=BGP&itemID=169222228#/shop?o={%22itemType%22:%22P%22,%22catID%22:%22235%22,%22showHomeItems%22:0}

I was talking with this guy for few days about buying them and I was ready to pay even more for this Brown Komau than it went for and he just sold it on Bricklink for less amount of cash and with Bricklink fee... I have no words to describe this.

And $1500 for Yellow Huna is too much for me knowing that he has 10 of them, so they are not that rare anymore.

BTW, if anyone has Brown Komau or Dark Blue Matatu for sale, I may be very interested.

Edited by Mask Hunter Lewa
  • Upvote 1

I was talking with this guy for few days about buying them and I was ready to pay even more for this Brown Komau than it went for and he just sold it on Bricklink for less amount of cash and with Bricklink fee... I have no words to describe this.

And $1500 for Yellow Huna is too much for me knowing that he has 10 of them, so they are not that rare anymore.

BTW, if anyone has Brown Komau or Dark Blue Matatu for sale, I may be very interested.

Maybe, someone has issued his order before, and so the seller kept his word)

Nope. I was talking with him since Monday and he said that he don't want to sell them at the moment, but only want to know prices and know if those are Lego or bootlegs. So I confirmed that it is very possible that they are legit Lego bricks and I asked him to let me know when he will sell those masks, because I'm very interested in buying them (I mentioned it at least 3 times during conversation). I asked him yesterday again what the and he replied that he put this Brown Komau on Bricklink yesterday and random person bought it after less than 10 minutes.

The biggest question is where on earth does someone get 10 Yellow Hunas!? Last week there was only 1 in existance now 11 all of a sudden!? Shame to hear about the Brown Komau though, hopefully a bunch of them turn up someday so we can all enjoy them.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

I got them in a trade, only knowing it was bionicle parts, nothing else.

All lego collectors I know, consider bionicle as garbage ( sorry to say ). So there can be many unseen "prototypes" laying around in former lego employees houses. But I dont think lego only makes 1 prototype, normally they make a casting which contains several pieces. But how many of them that survives is more the question.

But it's always exciting buying a lego lot of a lego employees. You newer know what you buy. That's how i got the Brown Komau.

Nope. I was talking with him since Monday and he said that he don't want to sell them at the moment, but only want to know prices and know if those are Lego or bootlegs. So I confirmed that it is very possible that they are legit Lego bricks and I asked him to let me know when he will sell those masks, because I'm very interested in buying them (I mentioned it at least 3 times during conversation). I asked him yesterday again what the ###### and he replied that he put this Brown Komau on Bricklink yesterday and random person bought it after less than 10 minutes.

I somehow funny and sad at the same time)

I got them in a trade, only knowing it was bionicle parts, nothing else.

All lego collectors I know, consider bionicle as garbage ( sorry to say ). So there can be many unseen "prototypes" laying around in former lego employees houses. But I dont think lego only makes 1 prototype, normally they make a casting which contains several pieces. But how many of them that survives is more the question.

But it's always exciting buying a lego lot of a lego employees. You newer know what you buy. That's how i got the Brown Komau.

Okay, just please, let us know how you decide to sell the rest of the yellow Hunas

• 3 weeks later...

Some time ago, when I started my Kraata collection, I discovered that one of my Guurahk's Kraata is very strange:

2LQlaWzt.jpg . hij3BBpt.jpg . xotLDiZt.jpg

It looks like head has the same colour as tail, but with addition of this thing which makes Metallic Blue colour metallic. At first I thought that maybe this Kraata has been chemically damaged somehow or something, but few days ago a friend of mine from Polish Bionicle Group on Facebook found another one (here are photos of his Kraata) and asked me what it is, because it totally doesn't look like Guurahk's Kraata. It is stage 1 as well. What do you guys think about this? Did you see this Kraata before? For me it looks like misprint of Guurahk's Kraata where Medium Blue has been used instead of darker blue colour used for Metallic Blue.

Mask Hunter Lewa,

to me it looks like the injection pressure of the sand blue portion of the kraata was probably on the lower end of it's tolerance. I've noticed a few of the kraata I've collected are similar to this , where one of the two colors was vastly overpowered by the other, or the metallic content was abnormally low. The result is as you depict above, where the kraata is predominately one color and barely has any trace of the other. I have a stave 2 confusion kraata that is basically black except for a little blip of pearl gold at the tip of it's tail. Same story, different colors.

>SO<

Edit:

For those interested I did pick up one of BGP's Yellow Huna. I took some higher res pictures of it compared to a regular orange Huna (left in images) and the Prototype Huna (right in images) from my Prototype turaga vakama set i bough from caszutphen a while back. You will notice the mold mill markings are identical between the yellow Huna and the prototype huna I have. This means at a minimum the same CNC program cut the mask mold for both my prototype vakama and the yellow huna I got from BGP. More likely they came off the same exact prototype mold. Pictures are here for those interested once they become public.

>SO<

Edited by shadowonua
  • Upvote 2

WANTED:

Got rare bionicle collectables? Ask me what I'll give you for them

STANDING OFFERS FOR RARE COLLECTABLES:

$250 for a White Huna

$250 for a Yellow Ruru

$250 for a Brown Komau

$100 for Metru Blue Matatu

Kraata -  Wild Kraata

- all prices open to reasonable negotiation -

qs20113.jpg
qs20113.jpg

• 11 months later...

So I just jumped on here at Mach 7 to ask about something, also hello! First post!

I just snapped up a listing on Ebay for what appears to be a misprinted Lehvak Kal with a Tahnok Kal head pattern in green. Is this fellow a rare misprint?

Update: he's been dispatched and will arrive either mid next week or early the week after. I'll post pics once he gets here. For now here's one from the listing. I stumbled across him while looking for mis-built bionicle listings to show a friend, and noticed the misprinted faceplate on this fellow after clicking his listing. I of course grabbed him real quick.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by AliasComrade
Small Update
  • Upvote 1

On 4/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, AliasComrade said:

So I just jumped on here at Mach 7 to ask about something, also hello! First post!

I just snapped up a listing on Ebay for what appears to be a misprinted Lehvak Kal with a Tahnok Kal head pattern in green. Is this fellow a rare misprint?

Update: he's been dispatched and will arrive either mid next week or early the week after. I'll post pics once he gets here. For now here's one from the listing. I stumbled across him while looking for mis-built bionicle listings to show a friend, and noticed the misprinted faceplate on this fellow after clicking his listing. I of course grabbed him real quick.

I'm looking for one of those misprint Bohrok Kal windshells :D . If you are willing to sell it, I can offer cash as well as I have items for trade listed in my topic:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/27485-wild-kraata-misprints-kanohi-and-more-for-saletrade-kraata-sellout/

13 hours ago, Mask Hunter Lewa said:

I'm looking for one of those misprint Bohrok Kal windshells :D . If you are willing to sell it, I can offer cash as well as I have items for trade listed in my topic:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/27485-wild-kraata-misprints-kanohi-and-more-for-saletrade-kraata-sellout/

Sorry my guy but I have no plans on selling it any time soon. I have no misprints in my collection at all so since this is my first I wanna treasure it, particularly given it was such a lucky find.

That being said, I did stumble across a guy on deviantart that had one. I don't know if he's still active on his account and he seemed unaware of what it was or the value it had, but I could link you the post and you could try getting in touch with him?

I've only found evidence of four existing so far; the one in your topic, the one I found, the DA guy, and another dude who posted about having on in this thread.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:36 PM, Illuminatus said:

How come these misprint Bohrok-Kal face plates aren't more sought after?

From what I can tell they are extremely rare and they're genuine misprints.

I'm not really sure? My guess is it's because either:

1: It's the Bohrok Kal and they're not well liked
2: They're not the Mata Masks which kinda tend to be fan faves
3: Low moccing potential
4: They're just not well known

They do seem to be really rare though. As I said I only know of 4 Lehvak Kal misprints that possibly exist so far, and 4, maybe 5, of the Tahnok misprints.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illuminatus said:

Have you seen any other variations besides the red Pahrak-Kal and green Tahnok-Kal shields?

And can you provide some good photos of them by any chance? :)

I've yet to see any others. I've scoured Ebay for years keeping an eye open for any since I've wanted one for years, the green lad is the first I've seen. I've also seen no recorded evidence or images of other misprints besides the red and green. I'll trawl through google over the weekend and see if I spot anything awry for the other variants but I've never seen or heard of any besides the two known ones.

As for pictures, my green misprint hasn't arrived yet (it's coming from Germany) but I've got another friend who's lending my a good camera to take some high quality pictures. So once he's here, a definite yes. While I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up for the red one, I do have a friend who happens to own one. I'll ask him if he'd be willing to take some decent pictures of it.

I went through google images a bit early. No other misprints that I could see. I'm not saying they don't exist, that'd be short sighted. What I am saying is check your Bohrok Kal head prints. There could be unknown misprints out there.

Edited by AliasComrade
update
  • Like 1

Final update on the Lehvak Misprint. It wasn't as shown in the image. They just sent me a normal Lehvak Kal. I'm sorry. I really wanted to share this with you guys and I jumped the gun. I was excited to have something rare in my collection and now I honestly feel more disappointed than I ever have before.

• 4 weeks later...

301892504_pakarimismold.thumb.png.2dc65b2c65f4aab76a4c1954ebb077f2.png

I came across this Pakari mismold a while back while sorting through my Kanohi. I’ve seen the Pakari with a mismold on one side, but this is the first I’ve seen with the deformity on both sides. Does anyone else own one of these or have any more info on this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found a misprint Kraata (trans-green to tan instead of the normal bronze to tan) in the Bricks and Minifigs down in Portland. I only learned about them last week too. I'll add photos when I get home and clean the heck out of it.

Ok here it is. It's supposed to look like the one on the left.

IMG_20200710_110838.jpg

Edited by Kraata Kink
  • Like 1

:k::r::a::a::t::a:

signatureright.gif.c6db455f4734531a3b9e273d31fe8291.gifsignatureleft.gif.78e1349658abcffe8173cb4f9b88df9c.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, Kraata Kink said:

I found a misprint Kraata (trans-green to tan instead of the normal bronze to tan) in the Bricks and Minifigs down in Portland. I only learned about them last week too.

Great find, and great photo too. From what I remember all prior photographed metallic green/tan Kraata were Stage 3 -- this is the first I've seen of a Stage 4. I'd be extra curious to know if the other stages exist, but they seem too rare to be normally collectible.

~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

5 hours ago, Kraata Kink said:

They gotta be out there somewhere, we just aren't looking in the right place I guess.

I think it's also an issue of people not realizing it is a misprint. I have a stage 4 one that I didnt realize was this camoflauge green tan one until a few years ago.

Edit: bonus points on mine I think because in addition to the misprint coloration, it is also one of the mismould elongated ones described here 

https://www.deviantart.com/vahki6/art/Unknown-Kraata-Misprint-687176950

Edited by ToaDume

1 hour ago, ToaDume said:

I think it's also an issue of people not realizing it is a misprint. I have a stage 4 one that I didnt realize was this camoflauge green tan one until a few years ago.

Edit: bonus points on mine I think because in addition to the misprint coloration, it is also one of the mismould elongated ones described here 

I got a few like that, I don't know if they are a mismold however.

Do you have a picture of your miscolored kraata you could post?

Edited by Kraata Kink

signatureright.gif.c6db455f4734531a3b9e273d31fe8291.gifsignatureleft.gif.78e1349658abcffe8173cb4f9b88df9c.gif

19 minutes ago, Kraata Kink said:

I got a few like that, I don't know if they are a mismold however.

Do you have a picture of your miscolored kraata you could post?

Definitely a mismould. I have a few of the elongated ones. One came directly from a rahkshi, 2 I got personally from new sealed kraata tubs. So I can confirm it was a mould issue rather than stress or damage. I dont have any pictures right now, but can take some later.

12 minutes ago, ToaDume said:

Definitely a mismould. I have a few of the elongated ones. One came directly from a rahkshi, 2 I got personally from new sealed kraata tubs. So I can confirm it was a mould issue rather than stress or damage. I dont have any pictures right now, but can take some later.

I gotta go through all mine and see which are misprints then!

14 hours ago, ToaDume said:

Lol, I bought one of those and I thought it got squashed in the mail. Here are pics:
https://imgur.com/a/RsfZ0HI

I received refund for it because guy sent me this Kraata in regular envelope without any protection and I was pretty sure that it got squashed.

And I have one of misprint Iruini Kraata, but I didn't know that they exist in other stages than 3.
MNoSJjUl.jpg

7 hours ago, Mask Hunter Lewa said:

And I have one of misprint Iruini Kraata, but I didn't know that they exist in other stages than 3

This is my iruni stage 4 elongated one. For scale, I also included a normal kraata in the middle, and another elongated one (ironically the one that is elasticity power). I have a few elongated ones: kurahk, guurahk, a purple shadow one, the elasticity one, and the iruni misprint. 

I feel that the elongated ones are definitely misprints, because I personally got the elasticity one, the guurahk, and the shadow one from sealed canisters, so no chance for them to have gotten damaged at all. The others I got from lots and found, so no idea if they came that way or not, but they look the same with no stress marks.

I really like the symmetry on your iruni kraata! I wish mine had more green, but I also like that mine is very clearly tricolor.

15952836302621664993817488086212.jpg

Edited by ToaDume

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 10:21 PM, Diabeetus said:

Can anyone tell me what this is?

It appears to be a milky white Toa Metru foot. I can't find it as a color option on Bricklink or anywhere else.

I would say you're correct -- milky white. I've never seen one before! However, milky white is a relatively common color among prototypes -- any way you might have acquired that kind of piece?

Either way, the color seems indisputable -- it's either milky white or opaque glow in the dark! Seems to me that it's either a rare part or a very well made knockoff. Do the marks match other Toa Metru feet you might have?

Last question... since we're in this forum, if you believe it to be genuine LEGO, would you consider selling it?

~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...