LEGO Officially Announces the Return of BIONICLE

Hapori Tohu

It looks like we have an aesthetic for the new Bionicle in that new logo.

Mayhaps the front page overhaul could work this new aesthetic into it?

This is needed. The front page has not changed at all since I first found it in 2007/2008. The Quicknav is totally outdated, too.

• Upvote 3

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The more I think of it, the more this seems like the most logical turn of events.

I even think it's completely safe to assume they only temporarily discontinued BIONICLE so they could bring it back as a grand publicity stunt (which is totally working; I for one am hyped as Click).

I thought that, too, when it ended years ago as other businesses do it all the time. But whether or not that's the case, I'm glad it happened.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

YES.

Thank you LEGO. This is going to be an awesome comeback. The Mask of Creation is just beautiful!  Lots of nice little details here and there, like the small symbols lining it. But man, this is just great. The new BIONICLE logo looks really cool too, like an energy is breaking through.

And it seems like an emphasis on Kanohi once again is confirmed. 

October 9th seriously needs to come faster.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I'm sure happy no one has started complaining yet. Hopefully there are no complaints.

People might complain when EVERYONE sees the new sets but seriously, they are toys. You buy them, put them together, and then you feel different. As a kid I HATED Pohatu. I don't know why, I just didn't like him. But I caved and bought the set and what do you know, to this day he is one of my favorite 2001 Toa. I think the sets will look cool, will be well done, and I hope that LEGO goes back to the deep immersion like they used to. Online games, story section, interactive stuff. Getting exposed to the sets without HAVING to buy them was a big plus I think. MNOG allowed people to see what the sets were all about before getting them and it was an excellent strategy. I can only hope LEGO does the same this time around. 

I'm sure happy no one has started complaining yet. Hopefully there are no complaints.

People have been complaining and will continue to complain. Though I do agree that there's been less than I expected, which is a pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

:smilekongu:    I would like to thank the LEGO Company for bringing back BIONICLE, my favourite interest.   :akaku: :smilekopakanu: :akakunu: I also thank Greg Farshtey for his involvement in BIONICLE, his writing is excellent.  The Mask of Creation is well designed and reminds me of its description in Reign of Shadows, with the runes representing the cultures flourishing in BIONICLE. I look forward to BIONICLE's return in January 2015. Best of luck to LEGO and the BIONICLE line. :)  :smilemaku: :smilehafu: :smilelewanu: :smiletol: :smilelehvak:

Edited by matoran199

That's because this just shows a mask. Wait till they show the sets and then the complaining will commence.

Anyone else notice the Nuva symbols on the Mask of Creation?

-NotS

Yeah. They're connected to Artakha in a fashion as well, so I suppose it's not surprising to see them.

• Upvote 1

Also, it said they'd reveal more for Bionicle come October 9th at Comic-Con AND on Social Media. So I guess this must mean more social media integration? That would be great for Bionicle - will be able to deliver content very consistently and it will reach a wider audience.

I mean, they have their Facebook page all set up and ready to go as well. https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg