Set Review: 2232 Raw-Jaw

2232_RawJaw_teaser.jpg

This Sunday we bring you a break from the endless stream of Toys 'R' Us sales (I'm both happy and sad that Bricktober is over), and bring you another insightful set review. Blog Leader DeeVee took some amazing pictures of Raw-Jaw and wrote some words to go along with it. Read on to treat your eyes to a feast of pixels and prose!

View the full article

lol. I probably wouldn't have read the whole thing if it wasn't for that narration.Raw Jaw is one great set. I have him and he's very fun to play with.But I still like reading reviews, so thanks for it! Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

DV, what happened to you hating this set? I only read this article because I was expecting some sort of tirade on how terrible it is, and that didn't materialize. What I read was a bunch of stuff talking about manelephantgorilla with some downplayed complaints about the head and then a sentence or two addressing the knees and elbows. Disappointing to say the least.

bannerelzy.jpg

You're wrong about there being no crackle, DeeVee. That's what the plastic baggies the pieces come in are for. ;) Raw-Jaw doesn't do much for me as a set, so the only reason I'd have to get him would be for the parts. Waspix on the other hand is just plain cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Go multi-limbed insects with trans-yellow wings!

If I didn't know better I would say I was reading a review from the choicest Game Bro magazine.And even if I didn't know I would say that was one of the most enjoyable things I have read.And I want Raw-Jaw, but who cares about the set when the narrative is so top-notch?

AXKP5KC.png

I'm finding the "bro-talk" to get pretty wearisome, but it's not like that'll change, so I'll just be quiet about it.I was wavering on getting Raw-Jaw, and I think I will. He did look to be a fine set. Too bad Bricktober is over, but there will always be more deals at TRU.

Hey man, so I was like, coolio, a review, and then I was all, wow, amazing set, now I think I should get him. But my wallet was all like "Man, you already want Witch Doctor, man," but I was like "But the parts pack" and wallet was all "Wait for Christmas." So then I totally was "Cool, helpful review, dude," and then,"Duuuude, I need to stop thinking like this, it's messin' with ma brains fo sho."

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Homie, you need to chill it with the rad lingo. That stuff's totally whack. Seriously, though, this was a disappointing review. I was expecting a review of the set, not a plethora of terrible slang and overuse of the 'word' "Gorillaphant". Also, I still don't like the set. I like it less now that there's a ridiculous, overly positive review of it.

Homie, you need to chill it with the rad lingo. That stuff's totally whack. Seriously, though, this was a disappointing review. I was expecting a review of the set, not a plethora of terrible slang and overuse of the 'word' "Gorillaphant". Also, I still don't like the set. I like it less now that there's a ridiculous, overly positive review of it.

That awkward moment when you realize "gorrilaphant" is actually said in Savage Planet Also maybe it's overly positive because oh I dunno the reviewer liked the set (just saying) That said I really loved the way the review was written as well as the Dave namedrop in there and well I think it's pretty secured that this will be my next 3.0 villain here

bionicle is trans culture

This article will certainly polarize its viewers...and I'm on the "likey" half. :) The set looks great too. And yes, perhaps Hero Factory lacks the fun build of the Bionicle of old, but they're meant more for playability than building. Thanks for the review Deevee!

Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

HEY DEEVEE! YOU'RE REVIEWS ARE EPIC!!!!!i just had to g3et that outthe review was hilarious "fo sho" xD

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I like how Raw-Jaw looks. I might pick him up, although that will most likely be after Christmas. -TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Great review as always, DV. Glad to see you really enjoyed this set in spite of its flaws. Personally, it was one of the sets I most looked forward to in the third wave, and I wasn't disappointed when I got my hands on it. As you mention, he's pretty great in terms of parts alone, but the unconventional animal-like build makes him pretty nice even as a completed model.

His empty-eyed stare will haunt your dreams like a scary thing that you can't stop thinking about and so end up dreaming about.

This made me laugh. :P Anyway, this is definitely one of the more interesting reviews I've read in a while. Raw-Jaw looks cool, but I probably won't be getting him.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Lovin' the rad slang, homie. :P I'm totally palms up with your review, yo. Gotta love that straight up G-man Raw Jaw. ~Takava

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Wow, that was annoying to read. Sorry, but as they say, the best jokes are the shortest, so the entire article ? Uh. Still I was looking forward to this review, seeing as Raw-Jaw is pretty much the only Savage Planet set I'm interested in and the only thing I knew about him, via the Waspix review I think, was that he sucks. :P I'm glad to see this review came out positive, I might buy him... I'm on a really short budget. :/

I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced.

Random unoriginal sig #1

When was there a BIONICLE that wanted to be a gorrila?

He's referring to the disproportionately-long arms of many BIONICLE canister sets from 2006 onward. A lot of people felt they were gorilla-like, especially several egregious examples where the hands hung lower than the figure's knees.

When was there a BIONICLE that wanted to be a gorrila?

He's referring to the disproportionately-long arms of many BIONICLE canister sets from 2006 onward. A lot of people felt they were gorilla-like, especially several egregious examples where the hands hung lower than the figure's knees.
I love how this had to be referred to 20 times in that review. We get it. Saying BIONICLE has bad proportions is starting to get annoying it's said so much. :PAnyway, Great Review. My opinion on the set actually improved. The whole animal concept never really caught on too me though, So I don't think I'll be getting it.
phauxxblack2.jpg