So did anyone here play lego universe.

masterchirox580

I tried the "demo" on Lego.com. It was pretty lame, you just got to hear about the game and design a minifigure. I think it might have let you explore this laboratory thing.

Are you sure that was Lego universe, if I recall correctly you had download the free to play version, also yeah it will suck if you weren't paying, I payed full price for it and trust me the rest of the game is so much better then Avant gardens.

It's time to move on.

I tried the "demo" on Lego.com. It was pretty lame, you just got to hear about the game and design a minifigure. I think it might have let you explore this laboratory thing.

Are you sure that was Lego universe, if I recall correctly you had download the free to play version, also yeah it will suck if you weren't paying, I payed full price for it and trust me the rest of the game is so much better then Avant gardens.

It was a character creator thingy back on when Lego Universe was a teaser icon on Lego.com. I thought the game looked pretty cool, and there was a little demo where you would make a character then walk around a room. That was all there was, besides an intro video explaining Lego Universe. The video was made to look all shaky and staticy, and there was a minifigure explaining "the link between our worlds is important so we must save our world and only you can help us!" or something like that.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

It was a character creator thingy back on when Lego Universe was a teaser icon on Lego.com. I thought the game looked pretty cool, and there was a little demo where you would make a character then walk around a room. That was all there was, besides an intro video explaining Lego Universe. The video was made to look all shaky and staticy, and there was a minifigure explaining "the link between our worlds is important so we must save our world and only you can help us!" or something like that.

I had know idea there was a demo prior to 2010, and that shaky cam thing was just part of the marketing campaign.

It's time to move on.

I had know idea there was a demo prior to 2010, and that shaky cam thing was just part of the marketing campaign.

I don't even know if it can be called a demo, it's the best word I can describe it with. It was a conveyor belt with minifigure parts that you would use to make a minifigure, and choose their affiliation. Then you could walk around a small lab. Is that enough to be called a demo?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I don't even know if it can be called a demo, it's the best word I can describe it with. It was a conveyor belt with minifigure parts that you would use to make a minifigure, and choose their affiliation. Then you could walk around a small lab. Is that enough to be called a demo?

Well seeing as to how it was used to demonstrate what they wanted the game to be like then yes it was a demo.

It's time to move on.

Yes, and I made an archive of images from the entire game to commemorate it when it was announced it was going away. :)

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/3274-lego-universe-final-week-printscreening-slideshow/

• Upvote 5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Until I saw this topic, I had forgotten that Universe was a even a thing.

But to answer the question, no, I did not play it, not even when it was free to play. Just never had the time or interest.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I still love this game, even what, 3-4 years after it closed? The design and story were fantastic, even if the gameplay was nothing fantastic. It was so much fun smashing stromlings and checking out Plots. It took me a while to get into it, and I only actually bought a subscription in one of the final months, but if I realized how much fun it was with the subscription, I would have bought one earlier.

I really wish that Lego, rather than making expensive subscriptions, released Minifigure packs with faction kits and important NPCs that come with a subscription code. Still, it has been my dream since it was cancelled to 3D print my own faction kit figures.

• Upvote 3

My brother and I played it from the last days of alpha to the very last day (we played it together with the same account like 90% of the time). I've never had so much time and fun and enjoyment with any other game ever and sometimes, I still think back to the days we played it and I miss it. :/

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

My brother and I played it from the last days of alpha to the very last day (we played it together with the same account like 90% of the time). I've never had so much time and fun and enjoyment with any other game ever and sometimes, I still think back to the days we played it and I miss it. :/

-Gata signoff.png

Well I was an early beta tester(oh I still remember all the bugs), I too miss it as well, I still think lego should have kept it open longer.

It's time to move on.

I played the Beta and then played the full version. I thought it was a fun game that had potential and was saddened when it ended.

But when I read the book Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation, I read the chapter on why LEGO Universe failed and so much of the game made sense. All I hope is LEGO learned from LU and makes future games like the Minifigs game better.

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Lego Universe was all that I thought about when it was around. When it got cancelled I thought about hiding in my bed for several weeks, eating ice cream, and watching romantic comedies to make myself feed better. 

bZpOwEr

• 3 weeks later...

I played for part of the time that it was active. I originally purchased a subscription when it first came out, but then I got busy with other things and stopped playing. After Crux Prime came out I finally renewed and pretty much played until the end after that. I don't remember if I got all of the missions completed, but it was a pretty fun game, even if the subscription prices were a little high.

signoff2.png

Yeah I got into the beta and played a bit. I'm not huge on MMO's so I didn't get too into it but from what I played it was pretty creative and fun and had competent game design.

I was actually shocked to see it get shut down so fast.

-NotS

Yeah so was I, I remember thinking to myself "there's no way this could fail it's an MMO made by lego of course it's gonna be a success", oh how wrong I was.

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

I had played the game but sadly it was the last year of Lego Universe and it was a really good game and my main character was like level 45 I think in that game, I can't remember what my characters was and what lever they was, I know one of them was level 10.

Also did the game had bionicle minifigure weapons?

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I had played the game but sadly it was the last year of Lego Universe and it was a really good game and my main character was like level 45 I think in that game, I can't remember what my characters was and what lever they was, I know one of them was level 10.

Well for one thing LU only lasted a year and a couple months so you didn't miss out on that much, and I don't remember many specific weapons as I just stuck to faction kits.

It's time to move on.

I played. And my username is the same as my character's name. I was free-to-play until they announced that LU was ending (November 4, 2011...) and my plans of saving up for a membership got sped up, and I bought a membership in December and got a free month... January 2012, which was the craziest month LU ever had. The Mythrans (in-game moderators) began spawning old pre-alpha enemies and large buildings and unused stuff into places like Avant Gardens, Nimbus Station, & Nexus Tower. I wish I could've been there to see the massive crowd of various NPCs (used & unused) that Mythrans spawned at Red Blocks amphitheater. From the insane battles against monsters in Nexus Tower to the overpowered jetpacks & UBER HAMMERS :gavel:, the last days of Lego Universe were the best. ;)

Lego Universe Fun fact:Uber Hammers (AKA Golden Hammers, Mythran Hammers, etc.) were hammers that had no smash animation, but if you pressed the attack button, they would destroy everything around you. Butterscorch the Maelstrom Dragon Invader was no match for it. Only structures that could only be destroyed by Spinjitzu were able to resist the Uber Hammers. And if you also had a jetpack... you were basically invincible, because almost nothing would be able to hurt you. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I played. And my username is the same as my character's name. I was free-to-play until they announced that LU was ending (November 4, 2011...) and my plans of saving up for a membership got sped up, and I bought a membership in December and got a free month... January 2012, which was the craziest month LU ever had. The Mythrans (in-game moderators) began spawning old pre-alpha enemies and large buildings and unused stuff into places like Avant Gardens, Nimbus Station, & Nexus Tower. I wish I could've been there to see the massive crowd of various NPCs (used & unused) that Mythrans spawned at Red Blocks amphitheater. From the insane battles against monsters in Nexus Tower to the overpowered jetpacks & UBER HAMMERS :gavel:, the last days of Lego Universe were the best. ;)

Lego Universe Fun fact:Uber Hammers (AKA Golden Hammers, Mythran Hammers, etc.) were hammers that had no smash animation, but if you pressed the attack button, they would destroy everything around you. Butterscorch the Maelstrom Dragon Invader was no match for it. Only structures that could only be destroyed by Spinjitzu were able to resist the Uber Hammers. And if you also had a jetpack... you were basically invincible, because almost nothing would be able to hurt you. :P

I don't remember getting the uber hammer but I sure do remember the jetpack, oh the glitches I caused.

It's time to move on.

I don't remember getting the uber hammer but I sure do remember the jetpack, oh the glitches I caused.

Can't reach the Nunchucks of Lightning because your parkour skills are terrible? No problem! Just use a jetpack!

Can't reach the other side of Rivendark Canyon because the canyon is too big to jump over? Just grab a jetpack and you can fly straight over to this unfinished section of Crux Prime!

Want to cheat in the Avant Gardens Survival Minigame? It's easy! Just fly over the barrier or into the sky and if you have an uber hammer, just go in and smash them all!

I did all of those (and more)! :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Can't reach the Nunchucks of Lightning because your parkour skills are terrible? No problem! Just use a jetpack!

Can't reach the other side of Rivendark Canyon because the canyon is too big to jump over? Just grab a jetpack and you can fly straight over to this unfinished section of Crux Prime!

Want to cheat in the Avant Gardens Survival Minigame? It's easy! Just fly over the barrier or into the sky and if you have an uber hammer, just go in and smash them all!

I did all of those (and more)! :P

Main thing I did was go into out of bounds areas, speaking of glitches I remember a glitch I activated in nexus tower once, somehow using the spring shoes I jumped through the wall and went underneath the nexus tower.

It's time to move on.

Well for one thing LU only lasted a year and a couple months so you didn't miss out on that much, and I don't remember many specific weapons as I just stuck to faction kits.

Oh okay and well I remember seeing this piece and this piece at the Nexus HQ.

Oh okay and well I remember seeing this piece and this piece at the Nexus HQ.

I think I remember seeing the first one you linked.

It's time to move on.

Okay I found it on the LU Wiki, it was three different bionicle minifigure weapons.

You get the weapons from Achilles Plutarch and they are the Heavy Staff, Massive Spear and Zweihander.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

Okay I found it on the LU Wiki, it was three different bionicle minifigure weapons.

You get the weapons from Achilles Plutarch and they are the Heavy Staff, Massive Spear and Zweihander.

Ahhh, so that's what those weapons were. They always seemed a bit unusual to me back when LU was around and I had no interest in Constraction. :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Ya, but now I wish I have had one of those weapons when I played LU because I do remember I haven't bought anything from him.

I don't know if I had remember seeing Shu Fitts selling Technic and BIONICLE parts or I just forgotten. 

I had been a closed Beta tester, and unfortunately didn't have my own money to afford the game upon release. I did enjoy the heck out of it though, from getting out-of-bounds with the speedy pants to figuring clips to get imagination bricks early (i'm looking at you, forbidden valley) and just having a great time. Was really saddened by the announcement of it shutting down, and even more dissappointed that the Minifigures game wasn't as like it as i was led to believe in the early trailers. I actually have a screenshot floating around on my hard drive of me walking around under the level area for the paradox(?) dragon boss after it had knocked me through level geometry. :P

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I had been a closed Beta tester, and unfortunately didn't have my own money to afford the game upon release. I did enjoy the heck out of it though, from getting out-of-bounds with the speedy pants to figuring clips to get imagination bricks early (i'm looking at you, forbidden valley) and just having a great time. Was really saddened by the announcement of it shutting down, and even more dissappointed that the Minifigures game wasn't as like it as i was led to believe in the early trailers. I actually have a screenshot floating around on my hard drive of me walking around under the level area for the paradox(?) dragon boss after it had knocked me through level geometry. :P

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Minifigures Online, even with the added 3rd-person camera and other neat new features, is still nowhere near the massiveness of Lego Universe. I'll never forget how much fun I had playing that game... even though the computer I was using back then was so slow that when It tried to use the elevators on the Bob Monument I would clip through and fall back down because my character's position wouldn't update fast enough. But it was fun, lag and all. (Well, the lag wasn't that great, since I was always having a hard time catching up with my teammates and was always the last to arrive. :P)

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as the title explains I ask if anyone on this forum played the MMOG lego universe, If you did then feel free to post a comment and if you didn't and just wanna talk about the game then also post a comment.

I was involved with the beta testing, and it was awesome when you had the whole thing to explore. I couldn't afford the ~$90 per year subscription to pay for the released version, and ended up playing a little when they released the 'free' areas, but they weren't the same. One of my favourite parts was the different factions you could play as; that was cool too. 

• Upvote 1

Hear that wooshing noise? That's the sound of the BIONICLE 2015 hype train going faster than light.

And I'm riding first-class.

Well as the title explains I ask if anyone on this forum played the MMOG lego universe, If you did then feel free to post a comment and if you didn't and just wanna talk about the game then also post a comment.

I was involved with the beta testing, and it was awesome when you had the whole thing to explore. I couldn't afford the ~$90 per year subscription to pay for the released version, and ended up playing a little when they released the 'free' areas, but they weren't the same. One of my favourite parts was the different factions you could play as; that was cool too. 

Sorry to hear you didn't get membership, for information Avant gardens was relatively the same when the game was released to the general public, they changed it when the free to play option was added (probably to give free players more to do).

It's time to move on.