So did anyone here play lego universe.

masterchirox580

I tried the "demo" on Lego.com. It was pretty lame, you just got to hear about the game and design a minifigure. I think it might have let you explore this laboratory thing.

Are you sure that was Lego universe, if I recall correctly you had download the free to play version, also yeah it will suck if you weren't paying, I payed full price for it and trust me the rest of the game is so much better then Avant gardens.

It was a character creator thingy back on when Lego Universe was a teaser icon on Lego.com. I thought the game looked pretty cool, and there was a little demo where you would make a character then walk around a room. That was all there was, besides an intro video explaining Lego Universe. The video was made to look all shaky and staticy, and there was a minifigure explaining "the link between our worlds is important so we must save our world and only you can help us!" or something like that.

Only you and... the, erm... thousand... other, um... people.... can help us!

• Upvote 3

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Hey! I know that video! (I didn't know LU existed when it came out but I found it on Youtube.)

Also, check this out. (Man I wish I had started getting into Legos earlier so I could've experienced this when it was new.)

http://www.bradfordrant.org/

Yep, it's the Bradford Rant Institute or Cosmic Kinesis, or BRICK for short. ;) Also, does the Stud Standard Minifig Alphabet remind you of anything? :w:  :i:  :n:  :k:

Also, some folks at a project called LUNI or something have been working on trying to reconstruct LU and have private/public servers, or at least figure out how to code stuff. They've actually made a lot of progress... And they found out how to change the skins of players so...

Yep, Lego Universe is officially dead, folks. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I remember pouring so many hours into this game. I got all three rank 3 assembly kits, reached level 100, and even got the full set of the Mosiac Jester. That hat still haunts me. It was hard seeing it go, especially when I had so much loot and some of the best weapons(excluding the Uber Hammer.) maybe one day, LEGO will release a game like LU. One can only wish...

• Upvote 2

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

I remember pouring so many hours into this game. I got all three rank 3 assembly kits, reached level 100, and even got the full set of the Mosiac Jester. That hat still haunts me. It was hard seeing it go, especially when I had so much loot and some of the best weapons(excluding the Uber Hammer.) maybe one day, LEGO will release a game like LU. One can only wish...

Yeah it was a real shame to see so many years of effort go down the drain. On the subject of a game like LU well lego do commonly use aspects from older themes, I mean look at agents and ultra agents, so you never know they might reuse some concepts.

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Ya, it suck that all of that good stuff is all gone.

But one thing was gain from that lost, if it wasn't for LU, I wouldn't had become a PC gamer :)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 1 month later...

I had played the game but sadly it was the last year of Lego Universe and it was a really good game and my main character was like level 45 I think in that game, I can't remember what my characters was and what lever they was, I know one of them was level 10.

Also did the game had bionicle minifigure weapons?

I did get some Bionicle pieces from somewhere in there before. I don;t recall any weapons though.

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

It was  short-lived because of Minecraft came out and a lot of people was playing that game the most, plus I find Minecraft very boring to be honest.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

It was  short-lived because of Minecraft came out and a lot of people was playing that game the most, plus I find Minecraft very boring to be honest.

Minecraft was first released in 2009 a whole year before LU was released, not to mention minecraft and LU were two completely different genres so I doubt minecraft could have stolen the market for it. 

It's time to move on.

Look at the number of people that was playing minecraft and the number of people that was playing LU.

Well, Minecraft got the Nether and multiplayer in 2010, I think, so that could be why.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Yep, plus to this day Minecraft is still big and comparing Minecraft and MLP, MLP is just a small boat in the ocean of the internet while Minecraft is just the biggest boat out there along with the other big stuff.

Meanwhile LU...        yaaaaa, really small.

But the only thing is...           LMO IS SO BORING. I mean there is nothing good but just getting from point A to point B and just running and killing, that it, but there are cave that you just get XP, stars and sometime but not a lot of demons, that it. Also sometime rarely you get a LEGO body, leg or head, and when I said rarely, I mean rarely.

(I just going to make that video saying why LU was way better then it's little baby brother LMO)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 2

But the only thing is...           LMO IS SO BORING. I mean there is nothing good but just getting from point A to point B and just running and killing, that it, but there are cave that you just get XP, stars and sometime but not a lot of demons, that it. Also sometime rarely you get a LEGO body, leg or head, and when I said rarely, I mean rarely.

(I just going to make that video saying why LU was way better then it's little baby brother LMO)

I haven't played it so I can't comment on it. 

It's time to move on.

It doesn't surprise me that LEGO Minifigures Online is more boring than LEGO Universe. LEGO Universe didn't fail on account of not being a good game (although like any game, it had some flaws). It failed because it was an expensive game to design and keep running, and the creators were unable to monetize it in a way that was profitable in the long term.

LEGO Minifigures Online, being an extremely simplistic game compared to LEGO Universe, probably costs a whole lot less to design and keep running than LEGO Universe did. Thus it doesn't need to bring in nearly as much money in subscription fees to remain sustainable.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't surprise me that LEGO Minifigures Online is more boring than LEGO Universe. LEGO Universe didn't fail on account of not being a good game (although like any game, it had some flaws). It failed because it was an expensive game to design and keep running, and the creators were unable to monetize it in a way that was profitable in the long term.

Not to mention I imagine they lost a lot of funding after netdevil got bought out. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

I bought it as soon as it came out, and was extremely disappointed when the servers shut down. Granted, I stopped playing it after two or three weeks, but it was a great game and I have a lot of great memories playing it. As I recall, I got to the area with purple clouds and floating rocky platforms when I quit playing.

Even though it got shut down, I wish people who bought it could load the game and explore the world. I still feel a little cheated that I payed for it and can't play it at all.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

LU demanded a subscription, and subscription models do not work on American audiences. You'll have to lock some features/items behind paywall, whether it be microtransactions such as in Path of Exile, or "members only" features like in RuneScape or ArcheAge. 

Well what about games such as club penguin, that's (sadly) still up and running to this day and demands like 50 pounds a year (which I think is something like 60 U.S dollars), how come that thing (especially considering what a waste of time it was) is still making money? 

It's time to move on.

Ya, it suck that all of that good stuff is all gone.

But one thing was gain from that lost, if it wasn't for LU, I wouldn't had become a PC gamer :)

That's also true for me. If it wasn't for LU, I wouldn't have discovered games such as minecraft and TF2.

LU demanded a subscription, and subscription models do not work on American audiences. You'll have to lock some features/items behind paywall, whether it be microtransactions such as in Path of Exile, or "members only" features like in RuneScape or ArcheAge. 

In fact, how many games are there currently that are still "alive" and that use a subscription model?

I'm sure we can all agree that the only one is WoW.

SH0Gxlo.png

It was much sadness with me, when it was announce :(

But I am starting to see some video of people playing Lego Universe but by there self, I guess people love for Lego Universe is making them want to bring it back to life.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I ever tried it and I only just remembered its existance after reading the topic title. From memory it seemed okay, but was nothing that stood out to me.

If you compare to any other PC game no it doesn't stand out that much, but if your a lego fan this thing was a dream come true. 

It wasn't a dream come true for me, probably because at that time I played single player games only. :)

I don't think I ever tried it and I only just remembered its existance after reading the topic title. From memory it seemed okay, but was nothing that stood out to me.

If you compare to any other PC game no it doesn't stand out that much, but if your a lego fan this thing was a dream come true. 

It wasn't a dream come true for me, probably because at that time I played single player games only. :)

Funny thing is that after LU I stopped playing MMOs. 

It's time to move on.

Lego Universe is literally the best MMO I ever played to date. I have yet to find a game that gives me the feeling of comfort as the Nexus did, or the sight of adventure that the individual factions gave me.

Maybe some day they'll remake it? I'm hoping they do at some point, that'd be awesome! I'd totally pay to play that! :D

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Bite your tongue! None may speak of Minecraft in such a way!

Anyway, yeah, I played LEGO Universe. I was the would-be legendary ClarkSpace, "Master of Behaviors". Unfortunately, all my projects simply took too long to execute and I was never actually able to finish a property, but golly they were cool; building is most of what I did.

Lego Universe is literally the best MMO I ever played to date. I have yet to find a game that gives me the feeling of comfort as the Nexus did, or the sight of adventure that the individual factions gave me.

Maybe some day they'll remake it? I'm hoping they do at some point, that'd be awesome! I'd totally pay to play that! :D

Well I don't think they will downright remake it but I think ideas from it could at some point be carried over to a new game. 

It's time to move on.

Well that good to hear, let just hope ODers and crazy Limited  lovers would not infect the place...

Also those two are some of the small reason I don't like Roblox that much.

Minecraft. Is. Boring.  :devil:

Well that good to hear, let just hope ODers and crazy Limited  lovers would not infect the place...

Also those two are some of the small reason I don't like Roblox that much.

Minecraft. Is. Boring.  :devil:

Actually it does get boring after a while. 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.