So did anyone here play lego universe.

masterchirox580

Minecraft starts getting boring soon after finding diamonds. Once you get to that stage, you're practically just mining non-stop for diamonds until you have like a full stack, and that gets really boring. I've only managed to get through MC and fight the Ender Dragon once, and that's because it was on my own server with some of my friends, and we had obligations to eachother. We never did fight the Wither, though.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I was an alpha tester, beta tester, founder and recurring player.

When I first played the game, there were only three zones: The spaceship tutorial, Avant Gardens, and Gnarled Forest.

When you smashed an enemy, they would drop a golden chest from which to take loot, as opposed to directly dropping the loot.

My young male mind was blown away.

However, exploring places and fighting enemies wouldn't keep me content forever. I had to be satisfied creatively.

When the first Properties were introduced, I was having the time of my life. They looked nothing like what would be in the final game. One was almost like a neighborhood, with two houses close to the building area, and NPCs that would wave at you.

What excited me the most were building challenges. Instead of building a rocket to get your Assembly badge from the orange wizard (forgot his name), the plan was that you had to build a duck, brick by brick. The duck you built would be featured in a shooting gallery Minigame.

However, either the building challenge or the shooting gallery didn't work right, and both were scrapped. A similar thing happened to a building challenge on Gnarled Forest that required you to build an idol of some kind.

When it was announced that you could join one of the Factions, everyone was overjoyed, and everyone wanted that sweet sweet Faction Gear.

Although the Faction Gear appealed to me, I thought the concept of the Factions was a bit strange. LEGO is a building toy. Only one of the four factions was about building, the rest were about common gameplay experiences.

When I learned that the Summoner class could "summon creations", I was over the moon yet disappointed. Being able to summon something you built from scratch to aid you in the gameworld was the coolest thing I could imagine, and I believed every player should've had access to such a feature.

As it turned out, Summoners didn't actually summon their creations. They summoned three different creatures every Summoner had. I felt betrayed.

I thought Properties, Behaviors and brick-by-brick building could satisfy me, but they didn't. Why? Because I had to smash dozens of enemies in order to get the bricks needed to build the designs in my head. My priority to obtain bricks clashed with my priority to get better gear, thus making building seem fruitless instead of fun.

The LEGO Universe team often featured players who built massive, amazing things on their properties, and rewarded some of them with even more bricks.

If bricks weren't a chore to obtain to begin with, there would've been even more impressive builds, because imagination and Property size would've been the only limits.

Looking back at LEGO Universe, it was without a doubt fun. I had an absolute blast playing with Jamesster, Zatth and the rest of my buddies.

So what killed LEGO Universe? Interviews I've read pointed to various things, like the cost of moderation and the subscription. I think it was a combination of factors, but ultimately I believe the core problem was that they tried imitating World of Warcraft, instead of making something like Minecraft.

In my opinion, they put too much focus on things extremely common for MMOs, and not enough focus on the LEGO experience.

• Upvote 5

Funny thing, I found two youtube channel called Lego Universe Now and Final Builder that look like they are trying to bring it back to life and with Final Builder is not just bring it back but updating it with new stuff as well.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Yep, plus to this day Minecraft is still big and comparing Minecraft and MLP, MLP is just a small boat in the ocean of the internet while Minecraft is just the biggest boat out there along with the other big stuff.

Meanwhile LU...        yaaaaa, really small.

Hey I found that article that said lego blamed minecraft for LU failing which is were I assume you got that information from, yeah that's probably fake. First of all the idea that the big execs didn't know what LU was is insane, they were managing and funding the project I'm pretty sure they'd know what it was. Also the supposed transcript involved the line "legos have been around for over 100 years", what we know today as the lego brick was released 1947 (might have been 48) last time I checked that wasn't 100 years ago, not to mention the company has only existed since 1932 (again not 100 years). Also I would like to point out that the idea of a game where you assemble blocks has existed long before LU and minecraft, for example lego creator and LDD both of those were created long before minecraft was even thought of, not to mention if lego hated Mojang that much I doubt they would make maincraft sets. 

P.S If you're talking about MLP compared to minecraft then yeah it is a pretty small boat, but if you're talking about MLP alone I'd have to disagree. 

It's time to move on.

Yep, plus to this day Minecraft is still big and comparing Minecraft and MLP, MLP is just a small boat in the ocean of the internet while Minecraft is just the biggest boat out there along with the other big stuff.

Meanwhile LU...        yaaaaa, really small.

Hey I found that article that said lego blamed minecraft for LU failing which is were I assume you got that information from, yeah that's probably fake. First of all the idea that the big execs didn't know what LU was is insane, they were managing and funding the project I'm pretty sure they'd know what it was. Also the supposed transcript involved the line "legos have been around for over 100 years", what we know today as the lego brick was released 1947 (might have been 48) last time I checked that wasn't 100 years ago, not to mention the company has only existed since 1932 (again not 100 years). Also I would like to point out that the idea of a game where you assemble blocks has existed long before LU and minecraft, for example lego creator and LDD both of those were created long before minecraft was even thought of, not to mention if lego hated Mojang that much I doubt they would make maincraft sets. 

P.S If you're talking about MLP compared to minecraft then yeah it is a pretty small boat, but if you're talking about MLP alone I'd have to disagree. 

No, I just looked up the article you was talking about and I didn't know about this article, plus I don't think Lego would sue Sue Mojang for a really bad reason as that (plus there was other games that would being down LU but Minecraft gotten in everyone wallets)

Also I was talking about comparing the popularity of Minecraft and MLP.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Played the Beta and played the full game pretty much up until it closed.  The general aesthetic of the world and overall art style is still one of my favorites.  I still remember the game fondly.  The gameplay might've been somewhat simplistic to what I'm used to now, but it was solid overall and pretty fun.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -