Oh Sister Sister

Archon~

Y'ello there viewer.

Ever since the female segregation amongst the Skrall was introduced, I always wondered how a Skrall sister would look like as a set.

Obviously, since I like everything in Bionicle having a nice Lego-ish form in my head, i decided to make a female Skrall that could PASS AS A SET.

I put that in caps so that people realize why this is so dumbly simplified.

What we know about the female Skrall:

• female
  • Skrall (means blackish armor/skin?)
  • psionic powers (thanks to lady Annona)
  • staves for tools
  • no armor
  • wear robes

Well, with one cape, and some improv, I decided to make a... Mother Skrall!

Mother Skrall. The Mother is the wisest Sister chosen from the female population to guide the Sisterhood through their struggle for survival. The role is of great responsibility, but comes with several perks as well...

Even though the Sisters don't carry weapons, the Mother is in charge of handling the ONLY Thornax launcher in case of emergency where destructive force is necessary.

The Mother also gets access to the Creator's Staff which, unknowingly to the Sisters, is able to fend off Baterra by releasing a sub-sonic hum, which explains why the robots don't attack her when she handles the launcher.

Finally, the Mother is adorned with the Crown of Thorns which was given to the male Skrall ruler by his chosen female to signify his rule over Skrall, back in the age before Annona caused segregation. It serves to signify power, but also as a reminder of the old way of life that all Skrall secretly miss.

Pictures:

closeup

frontal

sweet mother (with "robe")

Hope you guys liked the moc and back-story. I would like to point out that I chose translucent blue as I think it's fitting with the black, and to represent the biological effects on the sisters from Annona's tampering. I also tried to keep the Moc's frame somewhat sleek and feminine, as well as organic as possible (trying to follow that 85% organic rule, cha feel), also close to the Skrall we got to see in sets.

Armor was omitted as described in the online serial.

Yeah. Let me know what you think. :)

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I like it! While the Sisters of the Skrall probably would have used specialized parts that don't exist if they were made as sets, this really has the mental warrior feel of the Sisters, while still looking awesome.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :) Honestly I would have loved to have spent another year on Bara Magna and gotten to see (hopefully) the sisters, Baterra, Earth glatorian etc. But oh well. :/

Marvelous! The appearance definitely gives the impression of an outcast, and the colors blend perfectly. It is very well balanced, and has interesting parts use. Overall, a wonderful MOC.

It's really nice to hear that people can invision what I had in mind, it lets me know I succeded in a way. :P And I didn't put the counter on her, however I think I might do it on the back or foot, thanks for the idea! :)

Definitely looks like a female Skrall probably would, I really like the color scheme and the cape is great!

Thanks, I was originally going to use translucent orange and black, but it didn't give off the "mellow" feel I was going for. Also I woshed I had another cape or 2, then I could have honestly made her spot on how she looked in my head. :D

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***