Steal the Mask 3

Onaku

The Nui-Rama alarm sounds, but startlingly, is quickly cut off. In those same moments, a strange cloud cover moves impossibly fast across the sky, casting Le-Koro into darkness. It's only when you start hearing the horriffic buzzing of insectoid wings, and the bloodcurtling screams of Le-Koroans that you realise those aren't clouds at all..

Eventually, the mutant swarm passes, leaving only ashes and splinters, both wooden and skeletal, strewn across the desolate field where Le-Koro once stood. Out of the shadows, I step forth, and claim the mask as-

My mask.

• Upvote 2

Soaring on a Gukko bird that escaped its stable before the catastrophe, I am instinctively carried over the barren treetops, where a single figure, you, stands.

I notice the golden item in your grasp and understand the situation.

So I barrage you with disks until you fall down.

The Gukko dives to follow your fall, where its powerful beak grabs the mask. Not before I blast your face off with some more disks, though.

Your figure is lost to the deadly swamps below. I carry the mask with me, hoping to find someone who can aid me in its secrets.

The Mask of Life is in my hands now.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

Lewa soars through the air, swiping the mask from your clutches.

"You get lost-distracted? That was no challenge-task!" he chuckles, dropping through the slightly charred trees. BOXORs stand guard around Turaga Matau as the mask is passed off to him.

"The mask of life, has been retrieved!" Matau shouts among the Le-Koronans. They all shout for joy.

• Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

At this point, Takua runs up to your party with a message.

"Turaga Matau! Vakama sent me with this message."

My friend: I have heard news of your retrieval of the mask of life. Please allow me to offer you shelter in Ta-Koro, at least until your village has been rebuilt. I hope to hear from you soon.

~Turaga Vakama~

Farewell, Le-Koro. I must return home, but know that you have the support of Ko-Koro. We will come if you need us.

Ganto's/Le-Koro's Mask.

Edited by Downfall

:smilematoro:

The ground begins to tilt in Ta-Koro. Looking away from the village, you all see that the Volcano has not tilted with it. In fact, the Volcano seems to be ascending... or rather, the village descending, sinking into the lava below. Before anyone can evacuate, though, the Volcano explodes into a massive erruption, destroying Ta-Koro and leaving no survivors. Only the mask survives, flung miles away from the mountain and hitting the desert sands of Po-Koro, where I pick it up.

My mask.

As several figures make their way out of the sinking ruins of Ta-Koro on lava boards, two figures rise into the air on a Gukko, heading to their allies in Ko-Koro.

Meanwhile, in Po-Koro, Pohatu sprints outside of the main gates. He knows he must keep running for as long as he can, to keep the mask and his Koro safe..

Pohatu's mask. 

Suddenly, Pohatu finds that he is running not on sand as he was moments ago, but on air. Or rather, he was falling into a great chasm in the earth which he was certain hadn't been there before. But before he can think too much about that, he feels his legs impacting hard underground rock and breaking rather painfully. Desperately trying to crawl away, he suddenly finds himself surrounded, green glowing eyes coldly staring at him from the darkness of the cavern, and right in front of him, a being he recognised as Onua.

But it was not Onua. Not any more. No more than the matoran of Onu-Koro were themselves or Turaga Whenua was not a mangled corpse buried so deep in the dark corners of Mata-Nui's underground that it would never be found again. Pohatu learns this, though perhaps not that last part, when a jagged earthen shard shoots out of the ground and impales his head. Not-Onua steps forth, picking up the mask as the myriad eyes of the not-Onu-Matoran watch, cohesive, single minded. Not-Onua regards the mask curiously and as do I through his eyes which are no longer his. And as he turns around and I see myself emerge from the tunnel behind him, I hand myself the mask as my multitude eyes watch on coldly, yet faintly amused.

Onu-Koro's mask. My mask.

Edited by Onaku
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations. I did not see that coming. The Gukko that set forth from Ta-Koro has finally reached it's destination: Ko-Wahi. The Gukko, unfortunately, cannot fly any further and so faints. The two matoran continue towards Ko-Koro on foot.

Meanwhile, in Onu-Koro, the tunneling team comes across something...

A lava flood sweeps through the tunnels of Onu-Koro, with the mining team barely making it up the elevator in time. Two Ta-Matoran, having lava boards on hand during the sinking of Ta-Koro, had ridden them all this time, through the underground lava rivers, straight into the mines.

While Onu-Koro's populace attempts to deal with the lava, the Ta-Matoran sneak into Onu-Koro, steal the mask, and disappear in the general direction of the surface.

Remnant of Ta-Koro's mask.

I wasn't even the person who had the mask. The Ta-Koronans make it out of the mine while you take up your issue with the new Turaga of Onu-Koro.

Back in Ko-Wahi, the two Le-Matoran are continuing to move forward through the Drifts of Ko-Wahi.

The Ta-Matoran continue up out of Onu-Wahi, where they are ambushed by an infected Rahi. The mask is then taken to an undisclosed location that is definitely not in the center of the island.

Makuta's Mask.

• Upvote 1

I left the Gukko outside a cave and started doing what I know best: digging my troubles away.

The earth today is warmer than usual, isn't it?

...I'm not sure what direction I dug in, because there's a lot of water here. I think it's the old Great Mine.

The pathway to Onu-Koro is blocked by a big lava flow. Unusual, Ta-Wahi's lava rivers don't pass through here...

Oh well, gotta keep digging. Down, down, down we go...

Wonder about that mask I once had. Hope it's on good hands, since it's not on mine...

*thud*

Wait, what? It's solid ground. Reminds me of some good armour I saw once. There's a hatch...

...oh.

So there's the mask.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

The mask hasn't moved from the Makuta's... hands? Are those hands?

...I don't think I-say-so works with him. Let me try.

givethatmaskgivemethatmaskgivethatmaskgivemethatma-

*untranscribable impact noise*

Ow!

...nope. Not moved a bit. Guess you'll have to come get it, otherwise we're doomed.

The Makuta's mask, still.

[sigfig in tunnel]

I forgot my goal was to reach 1000 posts before I go to uni so...

I, Kranan, appear out of nowhere with the Infinity Gauntlet, all six stones in place. I point to Makuta and activate the stones' powers, and Makuta crumbles to dust. I collect the Ignika from Makuta's ashes and lift it in the air in triumph.

My mask!

Edited by Glimmer

I utilize the amazing powers of the combined Vahi in order to send you back in time to the point when you learned to ask nicely for items. Your younger self is so shocked to see you that they never learned the word "please." As a matter of fact, the word was associated with your olderself so strongly in your younger self's mind that it never returned to normal. The word please now sends you into a coma-like state.

So... "Please."

This, of course, sends you into the aforementioned "coma-like state." I then pick the mask up... but then, after a moment of thought, I decide to hide it away instead. No one should have two Legendary masks at once. I call an ambulance for you, then walk away into the night, looking for a suitable spot to leave a mask where no one will find it...

My Mask(s)

Edit: Good luck on the road to 1000 posts!

Edited by Downfall
  • Upvote 2

The Vahi's effects are merely temporary for me. In seconds, I return to older self and jump out of the ambulance. I land right on top of you and you are crushed by my impossible weight. I look around for the masks, and turns out you only hid them under a foot rug. I claim the Kanohi Ignika, and crush the Kanohi Vahi.

My mask.

OOC: Thank you!

Gah... That kind of hurt. Anyway, congratulations! You have destroyed the Mask of Time, and so altered the fabric of the universe itself. Time is working in strange ways now... And there's a T-Rex. Lets run away from the T-Rex. Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I use a Kanohi Olmak to transport both of us to Artahka, who is probably the only one who can fix this mess. I grab the mask back - you did take it from me, after all - but afterwards, I reconsider. Maybe you should hold onto it for now.

Glimmer's mask.

Edited by Downfall
  • Upvote 1

With snap of his fingers, Arthakha fixes time, power crackling from the tips of his fingers as he does so. Once he finished, I slay him and steal his powers for my own.

It's still my mask.

OOC: Uh, btw. To avoid confusion among other players, you're not actually supposed to "not take the mask" (you can, however, steal the mask and give it to someone else as long as you steal it first). This game is called Steal the Mask, after all. So what're you waiting for? Do your best, worms, and try to steal the mask from me.

Alright. Now time is fixed... and I have nothing more to say. I use my Olmak to teleport you to the other side of the universe, grabbing the mask out of your hand as you pass me. Good luck getting it back!

My Mask.

Edit: Apologies, I get caught up in things, and I'm sorry for any confusion. Now everything is fixed.

Edited by Downfall

OOC: That's how you break the game. A reminder to all that the OG "Steal the mask" game was conquered and won by the power of friendship, pizza, and potatoes. I was there. We all shared the mask in harmony and it was closed by windrider because we WON. We won an unwinnable game.

A giant fist pummels your face as I take that dang heckin' mask.

Mine.

• Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~