Mafia: Damage Control

Quisoves Potoo

It's always easy to tell which ones are new here

You know what? I'll bite regardless

I vote Portal

It is, isn't it?

I'm beginning to notice a trend where the rookies always lynch me... and then they immediately regret it, because I either:

A: Get revenge on them

B: Have an important village aligned role

C: Have an alliance that kills them off without me doing anything, or

D: All of the above

• Upvote 5

I vote Portal

It is, isn't it?

I'm beginning to notice a trend where the rookies always lynch me... and then they immediately regret it, because I either:

But you're also an excellent leader for the Mafia, and I have had no reason to believe that you aren't village-aligned so far.

And how could D happen?

Edited by Aiwendil

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I vote Portal

It is, isn't it?

But you're also an excellent leader for the Mafia, and I have had no reason to believe that you aren't village-aligned so far.

And how could D happen?

When you have multiple unrelated alliances with an assortment of players with terms that include keeping you alive, and those players also have alliances with other players... C is easily accomplished. B can be accomplished merely by having a role such as Medic (although I have never been a Medic yet ;__;) , while A is what I always do as punishment for those who sin.

And trust me, I shall consider it quite a sin indeed if you lynch me.

• Upvote 4

Hmm.. Think I will go for Aiwendil?

Yeah. He seems the most suspicious (besides, apparently, myself?). Or maybe not suspicious, but more like he voted for Voltex first round and that is suchhh a bad idea. 

And I don't think that it is me, unless I am some multiple personallity RNG killer.

But QV wouldn't have a role like that. So.

Yeah. 

Voting Aiwendil.

I have a confession to make. I made a shocking oversight. No matter, I shall simply weave it into the lynching scene.

And so, without further ado:

As the villagers chattered like a flock of birds at dusk, they began to grow tired of arguing and vying for attention. And so, voting was temporarily adjourned and the villagers went their ways, having agreed to return in a quarter of an hour. When they did reconvene, they noticed that @JAG18 was absent. Worried, they scoured the surrounding jungle for him. After ten minutes, they were greeted with the dis-appetizing site of his cadaver, buried hastily under a large rock. An examination of his body yielded, disturbingly, a rough hole in the back of his head, as if something had chewed through it. After respectfully burring his corpse, the villagers returned to the grove.

Voting finished swiftly, and it was decided that the local anagram-lover and all-around eccentric, , would meet his end. And so, with none of the already minimal ceremony that would have been preceded his death, were it not for JAG18's demise, Ifgtalrop was pushed, struggling, into a large vat of acid. Most of the village had already left as he melted away, too sick of death. Of the few that remained was the Amber Shaman, who was able to determine the identity, unlike that of JAG18, of the executed villager. Ifgtalrop had been deranged, a killer.

Night came, and sleep was hard for the villagers, not merely due to fear, but thanks to the temperature, which had risen notably with nightfall.

@JAG18, ???, killed on Day One (should have been Night One, but...)

, Deranged Villager, executed on Day One.

Night Two

Temperature: Miserably Hot

Night roles, you have twenty-four hours to PM me.

Now, you could be forgiven for thinking that I've gone all Jim Mortimore and designed a bloodbath of a game which will end after only five days. And while The first Night was undoubtedly full of death, this will not necessarily be the case in the future. This is far from a normal game of Mafia, as you have all probably figured out. So don't despair. Be happy! :)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

So wait, will it just stay hot or get hotter without the Emerald Shaman, or will it just fluctuate without being player-controlled?

The weather conditions are partially caused by player deaths, and he can still have a 1 in 3 chance of regulating the weather daily, but the Emerald Shaman would always succeed. Also the temperature is important, and extreme weather will certainly have detrimental effects. Hopefully the Emerald Shaman can be revived.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Okay. So will prolonged extreme conditions kill people, or are they related to role-blocking?

(I came up with a game theme a while ago where weather, chosen by RNG, would affect the game, including a detective-style Meteorologist role... but that ended up scrapped. Glad to see QP doing what I did not. :P)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Okay. So will prolonged extreme conditions kill people, or are they related to role-blocking?

(I came up with a game theme a while ago where weather, chosen by RNG, would affect the game, including a detective-style Meteorologist role... but that ended up scrapped. Glad to see QP doing what I did not. :P)

Prolonged extreme conditions can kill people, yes. Or just block their roles.

~Unit#phntk#1

Entry 6

Sleep will not come for me. Try as I might, I am all too keenly aware of the heat pervading my corporal mass. I have attempted every conceivable method of slipping from consciousness, but to no avail. Thus, I once again inscribe my thoughts, more as a therapy than out of any serious concern for posterity. I can take no more of shifting around uncomfortably. I am a being, not a morsel being roasted upon a fire. I rise, taking my tablet with me, and exit my dwelling. 

Stepping into the night air, I stare up at the stars, and note with anger their mischievous twinkling. It is as if they are mocking me, and I curse them under my breath. I wander away from the village,  glad to be rid of its infuriating familiarity. I follow the northernmost path, passing trees of a pinkish hue, with obsidian leaves. In the past, I found them things to admire, to wonder at. Now, I merely wish to find whatever creatures dwell withing their branches. To take them, and hold them, and grind them... grind them... grind grind grind grind crush crush crush snap grind pop yell crack grin scream grind grind break howl death pain pain death!!!!!!!

Would that I had been sent tonight! Alas, such is my lot. I wonder what the other villagers are up to right now. Do they sleep? Do they dream? Perhaps they cannot withstand the heat. Perhaps they wither and melt and burn and decay and die and live no more and scream and and and and and and and ingrates ingrates ingrates! How dare they die without letting me kill them! They might at least let me watch?! Why why why why why oh oh oh please please please please let me me me me kill kill kill die please!!!!

I emerge into a clearing. Rocks haphazardly litter the ground. Sitting in the middle of it all is Voltex. He seems very much alive, albeit lost in his own thoughts. At least he is not dead... There is yet hope! I could kill him, shatter his skull into a myriad of pieces! Snap his pistons like twigs! I shall do it!!!!!!!!

He greets me. I ignore him. I advance towards him with unchecked furry. Die die die die die die die die!!!!!!

No! No! No! No!

Do I dream? A moment ago Voltex sat before me, and then, illuminated like a festival lantern with a hum as of insects, he vanished!

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhwywhy

Panicked, I run along the eastern path and run and run and run and run and run and run and runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrurn

Finally, I encounter Chro. Is he sleeping? He looks so peaceful. Hmmmm... No breath? Nonononononononononononononononononononononoooooooooooooooooooononononoononononononono! I can't kill anyone! I can't kill anything! Woe oh woe oh woe oh woeowoewoe am I!

His head is chewed through? Familiar? It seems so...

What's that? Do I know you? Come on show your self before I gnash and kill and grind and bake and eat and not live and murd

Day Two

The tablet containing this disturbed account was found on the battered corpse of . Despite his mental state, everything related on the tablet was corroborated by the evidence of the villagers' eyes.

Additionally, the corpses of and were found in their respective huts. Trijhak had been sliced into hundreds of pieces, while Burnmad bore only a black "X" on his chest, the mark of the Onyx Shaman.

Once more, the villagers gathered in the grove...

, vanished on Night Two.

, Villager, killed on Night Two

, Villager, killed on Night Two.

@Chro, ???, killed on Night Two.

, Deranged Villager, killed on Night Two.

You have twenty-four hours to vote!

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)