An important question for British members

Lyichir

I swear I remember a poll on here a couple years back or so that asked people if they pronounced it "BeeZeePower" or "BeeZedPower" and it almost immediately erupted into heated debate over which was correct.

My memory could be exaggerating  things but that poll almost definitely existed and I'm pretty sure there are indeed people who say "BeeZedPower".

Zed. Zee is a new, not-right way of saying Zed.

By the nature of language, a linguistic phenomenon becomes right the moment people start using it commonly. There is no "right" or "wrong" in this question - Canadians, British and Australians choose to pronounce it one way, Americans another.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 7

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

English here too (proper English I mean, not messy American English!) bee-zed-power sounds ridiculous. Just totally wierd. So it's Bee-Zee-Power for me too. Honestly, even if it was an English website I think I'd still pronounce it with the Americanism on the Z. 

Also, Dragonball Zee...

NB : For what it's worth I always think the alphabet sounds wierd ending with a zed. The whole thing rhymes until you hit the end and then it goes wonky with English phonics. Vee and Zee, better than Vee and Zed :D

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am very British, and I do indeedy pronounce this forum's name in the way that has been previously stated, although my butler Charles has pronounced it in the terribly uncouth way that you Americans do 'across the pond'. Now please excuse me, I have peasants to shoot. Tally-ho! :P

I apologise for any offence caused to any rich people in the UK, but you really do sound like that. Sorry :P 

• Upvote 2

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

I'm rather late to this topic (like always) but I asked around Brickipedia's community (a predominantly UK-based community), and most of our British members agree "Bee-zee power" is easier and flows better than "Bee-zed power".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.