8739 Hordika Onewa + 8910 Mahri Kongu Combiner

Kuurai

This MOC is a Combiner of the sets 8739 Hordika Onewa and 8910 Mahri Kongu. It has not been named as I am terrible at naming things. Name it yourself if you want to  :)

225px-BIONICLEstory.com_Kongu_Mahri.png

+

Onewa2.jpg

=

combiner2-1small.jpg

Sorry for the large images, I am still new to photo editing.

Anyways, this is the creature's passive stance (click for larger):

combiner2-2.jpg_thumb.jpg | combiner2-3.jpg_thumb.jpgcombiner2-4.jpg_thumb.jpg

Foraging:

combiner2-5.jpg_thumb.jpg | combiner2-6.jpg_thumb.jpg

Attacking:

combiner2-7.jpg_thumb.jpgcombiner2-8.jpg_thumb.jpg

Berserk Mode:

combiner2-9.jpg_thumb.jpgcombiner2-10.jpg_thumb.jpg | combiner2-11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Description:

Firstly, this creature is normally passive, but can be extremely dangerous if provoked, with two stages of aggression: Aggressive Mode and Berserk Mode

Aggressive Mode: Raises tail and deploys its blaster-arms, leaning forward with front limbs supporting itself and also at the ready to strike. Can fire explosive projectiles from blaster-arms, shoot streams of electrified energy from the tip of its tail, and pack a powerful punch with its forearms.

Berserk Mode: This mode is utilized in desperation. Separates into two beings and splits up; the head section burrows underground for an ambush while the torso section wildly and recklessly attacks the opposition with lightning-fast moves and brute force. Head section creates diversions, surprise attacks, and overall tries to disarm or otherwise immobilize the target. Torso section gains a speed and strength boost and becomes incredibly flexible and agile as it is lighter; can fire explosive projectiles from arms, hit with explosive punches, and fire streams of energy from its "head". When attacking, the pair try to surround the enemy from both sides.

This creature is actually two co-existing with each other in a symbiotic relationship; the head section can consume its food and share the energy it gains with its torso, but cannot move well on its own. The torso section enables the two to move and travel, but cannot consume food. Therefore, if the two are separated, they will die shortly after, which is why they work so hard to protect each other.

Fighting Example: Berserk Mode v. Lhikan

combiner2-12small.jpg

Edited by Kuurai
  • Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

A tip for the forums: you need to make sure that your pics are less than 650x650 pixels and less than 100 kb in size. Also, you might wanna thumbnail the pics linked to a larger picture. Also, I think you might get notified about your sig, which seems a bit too big for the size restriction currently in place.

All of that aside, I think this MOC is really cool. I've always loved fan-made combiners and actually prefer them to the official LEGO ones. This one is no exception. Though I have one qualm with it, which is the fact that it is made of two completely unrelated Toa, which is somewhat a deterrent for me. I prefer combiners out of the same line in all honesty. Also, props for some really good photos!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

A tip for the forums: you need to make sure that your pics are less than 650x650 pixels and less than 100 kb in size. Also, you might wanna thumbnail the pics linked to a larger picture. Also, I think you might get notified about your sig, which seems a bit too big for the size restriction currently in place.

All of that aside, I think this MOC is really cool. I've always loved fan-made combiners and actually prefer them to the official LEGO ones. This one is no exception. Though I have one qualm with it, which is the fact that it is made of two completely unrelated Toa, which is somewhat a deterrent for me. I prefer combiners out of the same line in all honesty. Also, props for some really good photos!

Duly, duly noted on the posting tips ;)

Edit to Main Post: Done and done

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

More of these combiners, please! I'm really digging this one now that I've seen the larger pics. Try to make some out of the same line, if possible!

• Upvote 1

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

You like MoC's huh? Imagine a toa...With a Tahu Mata Pakari...with a Midak Skyblaster that flips from back onto the shoulder...with Karda-kuta, or, Karda Nui Makuta, torso, with a star wars fighter pods thing in the chest that has a green...Material, shall we say, inside of the fighter pod, with those knee pads that have the spikes that are silver that are from Bionicle, and two Matau Hordika legs, with two orange Metru/Mangai eye...things on them, with two toa of Ice feet(Since I didn't want to take apart any other MoC's feet) and wielding a sword that has a laser barrel tuning fork design on the inside of it. Hows that for a MoC? Oh, and did I mention? My self-MoC has TWO elements, Fire and Sonics. I have very sensitive hearing, and i have a quick, short, temper like Tahu's. So, a combo elemental fits me perfectly.

You like MoC's huh? Imagine a toa...With a Tahu Mata Pakari...with a Midak Skyblaster that flips from back onto the shoulder...with Karda-kuta, or, Karda Nui Makuta, torso, with a star wars fighter pods thing in the chest that has a green...Material, shall we say, inside of the fighter pod, with those knee pads that have the spikes that are silver that are from Bionicle, and two Matau Hordika legs, with two orange Metru/Mangai eye...things on them, with two toa of Ice feet(Since I didn't want to take apart any other MoC's feet) and wielding a sword that has a laser barrel tuning fork design on the inside of it. Hows that for a MoC? Oh, and did I mention? My self-MoC has TWO elements, Fire and Sonics. I have very sensitive hearing, and i have a quick, short, temper like Tahu's. So, a combo elemental fits me perfectly.

I do not see how this is relevant to the topic you posted it in. And why don't you post the MOC here on the forums instead of talking about it? I did not want to clutter this topic with irrelevant posts, but it seemed like I had no other option. You haven't even said what you think of this MOC, which is really what people post MOC's for; to get C&C fot their work.

• Upvote 1

If you want people's opinions about your MOC'S then make a separate forum topic about it. Also this topic is about my MOC, not yours, so of you don't have anything to say about it or have anything constructive or critical to comment concerning it or another's person's comment about it, then please don't post it here. If you want to say something like this someone then pm them.