Characters you'd like to see make a return?

Just like most others, I'd like to see Takanuva return; but even moreso I want to see the Rahkshi make a comeback. They wouldn't need to be the "offspring" of Makuta or even have the same names; though I would like to see new elemental powers and a design inspired by the Mask of Light movie.   :pakari:  

Edited by OnuaNut
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

Characters that I would like to see make a return....

Obviously, most of this is just wishful thinking. With a new world, we don't know how LEGO is going to implement new characters v. old ones; we have our original toa and Makuta, but everyone else may just be new characters.

For characters I want back that would be likely to somehow make a return: Definitely the Matoran. To be specific, the Chronicler's company (Kopeke, Kapura, Macku, ect...) and the soon-to-be-toa (Jaller, Hahli, Nuparu, Kongu, Hewkii, and MATORO. HOW has no one mentioned Matoro yet?) and Takua, of course.

I think it's not so much the characters themselves as the archetypes; the bumbling chonicler, the stalwart guard, the loyal translator... Just with names and faces that we recognize. And having these others characters with their own stories really helped flesh out the world and made it feel more relatable (and made us want to save it more.)

As for characters that aren't as likely... well, they're not exactly characters, but I would like to see the Rahi make a return. (Especially the Kikinalo; I loved that design, even though I never got a set myself.) Again, it's part of that world-building thing; adding things that don't (Directly) relate to the main characters.

Maybe I have them backwards, I dunno. With having the original 6 toa, I feel like we're more likely to see some other 01-03 characters than ones from later years. With a new world, there will be a chance to push things in a new direction. But we're still setting the stage for this new story. I just hope we'll see some of our favorite minor characters.

• Upvote 2

Defy Expectations

• 3 weeks later...

HOW has no one mentioned Matoro yet?)

Maybe cuz he's kind of "meh"? :P

I'd personally love to see Takua/Takanuva. Heck, I DEMAND it. Having Vezon pop in n out of existance once in a while would be a nice gag, similarly to the Vahi cloud, but I don't want him to have too much story influence.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'd really like to see the Toa Metru come back in any form - I was kinda bummed that they basically combined the Matoran/Turaga as the Protectors (though I may be wrong and they might appear in some form in the future, only time will tell). Their storyline was my favourite and I'm hoping the reboot would touch on them at some point. 

Others are Keetongu, Lhikan and the Toa Mangai and Takanuva. 

we are the granddaughters of the witches you weren't able to burn

Toa of other, unconventional elements, such as Jovan, Nikila, Orde, Zaria, Krakua, etc. They should also feel free to mix up the genders a bit because the old BIONICLE had a primarily male-dominant cast, and it would be much more refreshing to have more female characters. 

I'd love to see some Toa of Magnetism, the Green, Gravity, Sonics, Psionics, Iron, Plasma, or Lighting appear in Gen 2. I always wanted to see more of these elements, and it would be so great if they expanded the roster to let Toa of many different elements work together. 

I'd also love characters like Helryx and Tuyet back, simply because they were so underused, yet they were such great characters to read. I'd make Helryx a sort of recluse "wise hermit" who the Toa need to seek for answers, but she's still completely capable and a force to be reckoned with. Her stubborn and confident personality would still be intact (since that was the best part about her). They should also feel free to change her element because again, I want to explore the other elements, and also because her character isn't so iconic that they have to keep her element as water (she would actually make a really cool Toa of Psionics).

Vezon is a must, because he's our lovable interdimensional psychopath. I'd place him in Gen 2 as the local eccentric, who's been stranded in this dimension, and spouts "nonsense" about the universe he came from. Due to his knowledge of the previous universe, there can be some pretty cool references and possible fourth-wall breaks he can achieve, while still making it accessible to new fans. He could also possibly foretell the coming of the Toa, and when he meets them and they don't recognise him, he can just brush it off and pretend they're still old pals. 

The Shadowed One would be a cool title to play with (tbh his character was never really truly unique, just kind of one-dimensional cunning/cruel), and they could make him the root of a larger conspiracy in the later years. 

I'd also want Krika to come back, because he was such a tragic character. Of course, without the heavy backstory of Gen 1, they'd have to just start from scratch and reuse the name. Of course, I'd want him to be a tragic character full of melancholy and self-awareness again. 

Other characters I'd love to have back are: Artakha (I know the MoC is taken, but they could still deify him or make him a legend), Karzahni and Tren Krom (again, due to the heavy backstory required, perhaps tweak it for this universe).

That's about it off the top of my head. I just love having some of the obscure characters get into the limelight, since they were pretty iconic for side characters. 

P.S. Is there still a chance that we can fit Mata Nui into the story?

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I've got a list:

*Definitely Takua, for sure. If there was ever a single main character of the 2001-2003 Story Arc, it would have to be Takua.

*The Turaga and other key Matoran, such as: Jaller, Kapura, Nuhrii / Matoro, Kopeke, Ehrye / Hahli, Macku, Kotu, Vhisola / Hewkii, Hafu, Ahkmou / Nuparu, Onepu, Taipu / Kongu, Tamaru, and Orkahm.

*The classic Rahi, the Bohrok, and the Rahkshi.

*Skakdi, Visorak, Xians, et cetera.

*Makuta, and the Brotherhood.

*Order of Mata Nui.

*NOT THE GIANT ROBOT.

That about sum it up?

Edited by Twister92

Despite my love for Takanuva (he was my favorite set back in 03), it wouldn't really make much sense to put him in the story/set form until a couple years down the road. 
Makuta doesn't seem to have any 'Shadow" elemental energy in G2 as of now, so a Toa of Light couldn't exist to form a counterbalance. Albeit, Takanuva could come in as a villager of fire or something, as a throwback.

I would like to see Botar make a return.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

... couldn't exist to form a counterbalance. Albeit, Takanuva could come in as a villager of fire or something, as a throwback.

That's actually something I'd really like to see them change; shadow as intrinsically evil (I don't particularly care for an Aesop about how shadow isn't necessarily evil or light isn't necessarily good, the less said about morality of an Element the better IMO), Takua just as a villager of Fire would be an interesting throwback, I wonder how it would go down...

But I'm really curious to why you want to see Botar make a return? :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

... couldn't exist to form a counterbalance. Albeit, Takanuva could come in as a villager of fire or something, as a throwback.

That's actually something I'd really like to see them change; shadow as intrinsically evil (I don't particularly care for an Aesop about how shadow isn't necessarily evil or light isn't necessarily good, the less said about morality of an Element the better IMO), Takua just as a villager of Fire would be an interesting throwback, I wonder how it would go down...

But I'm really curious to why you want to see Botar make a return? :)

His appearance alone seems like he'd fit in well with the whole 'primitive' vibe we're going to get. He deserves more than that cheap death he got via gravity lol.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

Here are my top five picks.

1. Piruk

Whatever credit this guy has, he's earned it. You know how dangerous the Piraka are. Piruk was assigned to spy on them. Now that's a dangerous job. Not only did he survive, but this guy walked in and out of the Piraka Stronghold in one piece. That's brave and impressive. I read that the six Kanohi Nuva were mounted in the trophy room of that ghastly place!!! If a Matoran with a somewhat cowardly demeanor like Piruk's can survive the stronghold of six dudes who conquered the Toa Nuva, this guy deserves credit. Besides, a set of him done in the style of 2015's wave would be interesting to imagine.

2. Vakama

He's an overall great character who might teach the kids of today a little something about confidence.

3. Lesovikk

Aside from being really awesome, Lesovikk could serve as the wise, experienced, retired dude who teaches the Toa/Masters about the importance of their duty and to not mess up and live with the mistake(s) like he did. It's just a thought, but it'd be kinda nice.

4. Shasa

Yes, I'm serious! Sheesh, quit judging me. :D Anyway, this might be unconfirmed, but Shasa is presumed to be one of two guards at the Ga-Koro gate in MNOG. That's exactly why I'm mentioning her. A guard is another word for protector, and if there are more than just six Protectors on Okoto, let one be Shasa! Even though she tried her hand at weaving, I'm 95% sure that was her standing strong at the gate of Ga-Koro. She was a protector of her village, and that definitely matters.

5. Nuparu

A new world means a new world of opportunity. Not only can Nuparu be awesome again, but who knows what he could come up with in this new BIONICLE universe? And here's to hoping that he brings up some cool orange pieces! :) Or at least some decent gray parts that are worth the attention from MOCers.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

I'd like Artakha to return. I hope that we see more elements in set form than just the regular six and that elements can have characters of either gender. A female Toa of fire could be hot. :P  

• Upvote 1

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Varka/BIONICLE/Avatars/varka_sig_2.png

HOW has no one mentioned Matoro yet?

He died a glorious death. Let him have that.