Taria Pakari

lifeofthefez.png

Here I am again for what will probably be another doomed comic series.

The Comics:

Visual Gags

Lies.

Truth.

Internet

Audacity.

Comic

Horrifying.

Fireworks

Get It?

Based Six

Soulless.

Games

Virus.

Truth Pt 2

Singularity.

To the Surprise of No One

Change

Don't

Logic

Stuff

Comics of Old

Something Cool

Cookies

Delivery

New Body

Horsing Around

Comics with a period at the end are ones Gav made. Unfortunately with Maj being down, they're currently inaccessible.

Specials:

Comic Contest 3 Entry

PGS Slots:

1. Ghidora131
  2. Makuta Luroka
  3. Empty
  4. Empty
  5. Empty

Be sure to check out my blog for updates, too.

Thanks for reading, and I'll probably see you this time next year. :v

Edited by Tertmas Tree
  • Upvote 6

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Mhm, yes. Gavla is always a welcomed addition to any comic.

This is beautiful. Pose-able fingers? Top Hat?

Yes, beautiful. Please add more Hats.

Though given our conversations of the past : you should be chock full of ideas for this series by now.

lovewarconga2.png

While my work on Gavla's Comics has reached the (semi verging on forever) retierment stage, I have decided to co-work with my pal here.

For very simple reasons.

1: Terton is lazy and will forget this series if I don't give him a reason to continue.

2: It's good to keep the comic making up in practice, to keep my mindset established on how to produce and manufacture these things.

This is a business, after all. Such a shame this forum area is.. pretty dead.

So without a doubt, Have no fear because this Engineer is Engihere.

Comic-

Lies.

You can always tell it's a Gavla comic because I add a period to everything.

Edited by Gavla
  • Upvote 2

lovewarconga2.png

With my drawing tablet being dead, I've had a lot more time to play TF2. I made this comic after having a bad match yesterday.

Oh, and this image will probably make the last panel easier to understand... after you've read the comic of course:

tumblr_mn7v6jt32R1rozdf0o2_500.jpg

This happened over a year ago... I'm still yet to high five him.

Was that my Medic. I have so many items and constantly change my loadouts that I can't remember.

But hey, that's what happens when you're filthy rich in a game and your friend doesn't understand the etiquette of hive fiving.

After we destroyed the entier RED team as a Medic and Pomson Engineer.

Still that was a good comic.

Really struck home for me.

lovewarconga2.png

Wow, that took at least a decade to load. Curse these internet problems I'm having right now...

Speaking of which, I myself made a comic while my internet was down a few days ago. Normally I would wait a day after Gav posted one, but I fear that I may have another internet blackout again so I'm posting it now.

Internet

Just trying to post this, my connection died 6 times... it's definitely going to kick the bucket if this keeps up.

I've fired better shots, to be honest. You should see the Description of my Australium Wrench.

Comic-

Audacity.

Also, I was up all night on a Skype call so my mind isn't in tip top shape to make a normal comic with a script.

So please have this short, simple one.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Not enough people view this forum or leave comments unless its a major leage author, not even the minors who filled the void and tried to revitalize don't have the luck we used too. Oh well, the foibles of an art forum eh? Regardless, it's always nice to see the forum (yet again) being slowly, painfully, entertainedely dragged kicking, screaming, and even vomiting into retirement and/or even death. You guys deserve some serious credit. I would say it inspires me to get back into the business but that's not true, I know what that battlefield is like and there just hasn't been enough support for those who trudge through it. I really did have fun with Helios, took a lot of inspiration and motivation from people like Gav (and Terton...when he remembered). Anyway, I'm enjoying the slight ridiculousness you guys have got going on here, go on as long as you can.

Edited by Bearcat

It would be funny if we literally just stopped updating right after that comic.

But that would be cruel.

Not that this job doesn’t make the folks who do it cruel to an extent. I mean. I've become downright horrible when I do any game. My calm facade quickly degrades. I mean, I once called a fellow comic maker a brat while in a game of TF2 with them. That was last night, actually.

This job really does eat at you, doesn't it? Kind of messes with your feelings about things.

Why, I can never look at a certain area of the much large continent on the other side of the world in a good light now.

Anyway that was a nice comic.

lovewarconga2.png

I've mulled over resuming Dead Authors, I've seen a few more comic topics pop up. If old geezers like Gav and Tert can be chucking things our way I figure I can try to kick some life into this with you guys. I don't know your histories or drama, but I do know you guys are pretty good comic authors, that's good enough for me. Karzhani knows I have the time and resources.

I wish I had a new art tablet. I'm going to go eat a waffle now.

Hey pal. I'm glad to hear we can be an inspiration to you and your series.

You know, I'm going to be super honest. This is all going to come from my heart.

I don't really read comic series anymore. I mean. To be super true to you this place doesn't spike my interest like it did back in the "glory days".

I remember when this forum was booming with life. New topics left and right almost every day. Co working authors. Multi-Author-Series. All that good stuff.

Though like anything it had to end. Many comic makers left here. Be it life or loss of interest. Dark709 left. How many folks expected that?

At some point in our lives we have to move on and abandon what we've worked hard on. We need to move onto new things.

Just like how one day I know Terton and I must part ways.

I know I can never make comics forever. I have to advance in my future. I'm working on a Saxxy entry for next year, actually.

But hey. If you want to re-boot your work? Go for it. Do it. Live a little and do that series you've got in your mind. I cannot guarantee that you will find success. I can guarantee that the longer you go on the more people will start to notice you. People will take about you. Bad talks. Good talks. All forms of talks.

But you KEEP GOING. You stop when you're ready to stop. Sometimes you got to get those ideas in your head out on the blank canvas of paint.

I did comics for seven/eight years. It wears you down, it does. But you can't give up because of a lack of activity. You end your work the proper way. You end your story the way you want to. Reject what the others say about you and your work. Don't let them make FUN OF YOU, MOCK YOU or anything. Save everything they say about you and be ready to send that report to the staff.

The point is. Don't let anything stop your drive to create. Even if it doesn't last long. You are the author, after all.

Ahem, anyway. I might make my next comic the Halloween comic. Let’s just say I got something horrific in mind based on Terton’s.. interest that confronts mine.

Edited by Gavla
  • Upvote 2

lovewarconga2.png

Halloween comics are fun, I've already got ideas.

Of course after this nice little pep talk I delete the wrong folder and lose all my backgrounds...maybe I'll go back to Helios, it was the only one that I really loved and felt proud of. 

I might as well spasmodically post comics every now and then when I get the urge:P

I think the important thing is not to think of comic making as a job, and instead just do it for fun. When you treat it too much like an obligation, it becomes a chore, and it eats at you. This sort of thing isn't supposed to be stressful, or at least it shouldn't be. That's kinda one of the reasons why I dropped off the radar back in the day, and it's likely the same for others as well.

This is especially true for a setting like this, where there is, admittedly, not much of an audience to impress. And that's okay, because you don't have to worry about pleasing or impressing anyone anymore. You can take your sweet time as you see fit. You're free to do whatever you like, whenever you like. Yet there will still be people who appreciate your work somewhere around here, as quiet as they may be.

Heck, I'm kinda surprised there are still people kicking over here in the first place, and I'm even more surprised to see someone actually seriously finish a series. It's kinda funny how incredibly rare that's been over the years. That's why Gav gets mad props, for sticking to it when very few others could.

I'd like to believe that there might be a small revival around here in the future now that the actual Bionicle series is returning. People will get bored and wander in here again, and maybe that'll spark some interest in this dusty forum again--I mean, even I'M somehow here again because of that, and I was one of laziest scrubs around.

But regardless of what happens, just keep chill.

• Upvote 2

train.png

You know. I'm trying to figure out who you are. I've known so many folks on here that my memory is just broken at this point.

But you speak the truth. Your kind words are a warmth upon my heart a well as Terton's.

For many years I viewed it as a job. In many ways it almost was.

Daily comics really drain you. That's why Terton and I picked a perfect plan to update one at a time. It gives each of us time to plan and to make the comic.

It is sad that many series pretty much died though.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

lol, I don't blame you. But I'm hoping for the moment someone mulls about my current name for a while, and suddenly realizes "OH! IT'S THAT JERK!"

But if you wanna do it the easy way, you could always just pop into my profile and check my Display name history since that's apparently a thing. That's how I've been trying to do to remember everyone since my recent visit.

train.png

Hey so I know I said I wanted this up on Halloween but..

I got sidetracked. Sorry!

Comic-

Horrifying.

How many comic series do you know that are made by two contradicting authors? One a Brony and the other a full time TF2er?

Not many I’d guess. Honestly, we deserve an award.

Of course I don’t have any issues with folks who are categorized in that group.

As long as they don’t touch my Hats.

Let’s be real though, this was basically fated to happen.

lovewarconga2.png

The original script of my Halloween comic had Gavla turning around, pupils dilated as the last panel showed your Horse Masked self from last Halloween.

But I lost the picture.

It was going to be a truly horrific comic. Yet it still was regardless.

lovewarconga2.png

They are scary. Those candy colors don't do wonders on the eyes.

This coming from the guy whose main character has two of the most eye searing colors around. (Now that's just ironic.)

I keep forgetting that you have various other "holidays" over there compared to us.

I was actually about to make a comic about pushing you to update but you already did. So now I'll need to figure out something new.

lovewarconga2.png

• 2 weeks later...

I LIVE.

Had some trouble getting onto my account after getting my computer's OS upgraded... lost all my saved passwords for some reason (thanks a lot, Chrome) and the email I used to create my account seems to have been erased... so no password recovery for me.

Thankfully it was all sorted out and now I'm back!

I'm not slacking off I swear!

Based Six