14864352457_8041505fdb_n.jpg
Flickr

An ancient Toa mutated by the Hordika venom. Although he had long lost the ability to manipulate elements, utilize a Kanohi, or speak the languages of Toa and Matoran, his mind remained intact. For years kept manacled in a freak show for the jeering amusement of scum, he has recently broken free, ready to exact his gruesome revenge...

The original idea for an "elephant toa" based on the Garai came about several years ago, and I had an earlier, simpler head design at the time, before Hero Factory, seen here.

So I made this back in August, and then one thing led to another and I forgot to post him on BZP. Well, now that's rectified!

~B~
  • Upvote 10

I like this guy, but I'm not sure about how the chestplate leaves the shoulder area of the Inika torso bare.

You sir, probably created the first Bionicle with a prehensile nose. Congratulations.

inb4 dv's elephant

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Very cool, good job! Love the hands, I'm not a HF fan so am not familiar with those parts but they look great. Good proportions too, that's tough to pull off...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Wow, the color scheme on this MOC is amazing. I love the black and keetorange mixture, and the chest piece fits in perfectly with the colors you used! I also love how you incorporated a trunk in with the hewkii helmet, I would've never thought about doing that. Very nice work!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 2 weeks later...

I like this guy, but I'm not sure about how the chestplate leaves the shoulder area of the Inika torso bare.

You sir, probably created the first Bionicle with a prehensile nose. Congratulations.

inb4 dv's elephant

Yeah, the uncovered areas bug me too. I wish the chestplate were just a smidge wider to actually cover all of those areas. Maybe the extra wide chestplate that Onua has would do the trick.

And yeah, I'm certainly not the first person to make an elephant MOC with a flexible nose. One of the best elephants I can remember was Horatio, made for the cute Rahi contest. I'd give a link to a picture of him, but alas, Brickshelf appears to be down again...

Awesome! I've always thought of Hewkii Mahri's mask as being difficult to work with, but you've really nailed it! It feels very natural on an elephant-like Toa. Gotta love the trunk as a way of wielding weapons and well as those sturdy-looking feet. Excellent all around!

Hewki Mahri's mask actually fits on a Piraka skull too, due to the cutaway mouth leaving room for those huge teeth! In all, I think it's an unfairly neglected mask due to its unique shape.

Those feet always did remind me of elephant feet from when they first appeared in the Ben 10 sets. Lego seemed to think the same thing, because they were used on the constraction Mungus set too.

Thanks for all the comments, folks! :)

~B~

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Concept and MOC. I have to ask, Where did the Printed Chestplate come from Originally?

I believe it's part of the Queen beast, although I might be wrong.

That part is on Queen Beast, although I got mine from Crystal Beast, who also has it.

~B~