Comprehensive Bionicle Alternate Model Database

Volitak_Boxor

I mean I was expecting it to get locked because of the reply but I'd be cool with it staying unlocked, not that I'm a mod for this forums or anything. It'd totally be nice to keep adding to this database.

I've always been interested about what that Matoran Nui in the books was supposed to be like (the that the 2004 metruan matoran combined into)

I don't think there was an official image of it released to fit this database.

• Upvote 1

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

It would be cool if you could add the instructions of all of the fan-made canonized sets into the database too, like the Catapult Scorpion and the Tahtorak - if they are available.

Some have like the Aqua Blaster Blade, others have replica instructions like the Tahtorak (not 100% accurate in that case). Anyone submitting their own attempted instructions is welcome to.

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

• 1 month later...

dscn1897.jpg
dscn1898.jpgI built some partly Moc'd media models! (Dead Ta-Matoran and VNOG Fikou)

Edited by Transparency for Effect
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Brickshelf seems to be having some hosting problems the past few days and I've been completely unable to access it. When it comes back up, we might want to look into backing up some of the images saved on there.

EDIT: Well it seems like the site is back up.

Edited by Yeow
  • Upvote 1

Brickshelf seems to be having some hosting problems the past few days and I've been completely unable to access it. When it comes back up, we might want to look into backing up some of the images saved on there.

EDIT: Well it seems like the site is back up.

If anything we should put there images here.

Can't hurt can it.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 4 weeks later...

So apart from the original Flickr link, do we have instructions for Journey to One Makuta? In particular has anyone put together any kind of parts list or anything? I've been thinking of trying to get that guy put together.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

So apart from the original Flickr link, do we have instructions for Journey to One Makuta? In particular has anyone put together any kind of parts list or anything? I've been thinking of trying to get that guy put together.

Eljay over at TTV put up two videos on YouTube with instructions. The second one is corrected from the first, so there's that.

bBhcfWO.png

Pretty sure there's a video about that on YouTube. Since this post is meant to combiners/ MOC, does anyone know if there's more photos of pic related?

On the other side I'm searching for pics of the Melding Teridax but all I found was the Brickshelf gallery (it helped me to build him tho). I think there could be pics in Majhost but I don't know if that page still exists.....

1469291687667.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There's a few different videos on YouTube, but the complexity of the model makes it quite the challenge. TTV channel has a fairly extensive thread on the subject including some lists that have been put together on imgur.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Note that a second video was released as an addendum:

Also, from the TTV topic, the imgur links at the top were broken, but these ones in the middle seem to be working.  Credit to Kylesterz, who made these.

Links to Instruction Albums (on Imgur)
Torso: http://imgur.com/a/y9WrT
Staff: http://imgur.com/a/4SGCk
Arms: http://imgur.com/a/dJWe1
Legs: http://imgur.com/a/YP3TZ
Putting them together: http://imgur.com/a/8rPRp

It looks like these instructions don't use the same method to build the Ikir-head section as the addendum video; there may be other differences. 

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

I was able to build Pekel's Primal Dark Hunter a little while ago using the Brickself gallery (sans the mask trophies). I finally got around to finish making instructions for it. It's my first time trying to create instructions (they are the jumpy kind which doesn't show every step in detail, but most people who have built for a while should be able to follow). Hopefully some people will find it useful.

Dark Hunter Primal Instructions: http://imgur.com/a/1Rspg

• Upvote 2

I was able to build Pekel's Primal Dark Hunter a little while ago using the Brickself gallery (sans the mask trophies). I finally got around to finish making instructions for it. It's my first time trying to create instructions (they are the jumpy kind which doesn't show every step in detail, but most people who have built for a while should be able to follow). Hopefully some people will find it useful.

The is great! good work ;)

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Wow that's awesome, it's one of the few times I've seen some method to build a Dark Hunter.

Are you intending to craft some more Dark Hunter instructions?

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Weren't there also instructions made for the Mask Maker Makuta?

• Upvote 1

Weren't there also instructions made for the Mask Maker Makuta?

Not that I've heard of; and let's face it, it's basically Ekimu with the blue parts swapped out for purple, the Mask of Control instead of the Mask of Creation, and a modified hammer design. Of course JtO featured a different breastplate but-like the Mask of Ultimate Power-it was never produced in physical form.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Actually, I think the torso was significantly different; it didn't use the gearbox.  Let me see if I can find the topic I'm thinking of; can't remember if it was at TTV, Eurobricks, or here.

Edit: Found it: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23460-triple-m-instructions/

No step-by-step instructions yet, but I think there's enough info there to get the model built.  If anyone has the parts, I don't think it's be too hard to put some instructions together.  Any proud owners of 41 purple studs present?

Edited by Volitak_Boxor
  • Upvote 2

sqtd1i.png

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Actually, I think the torso was significantly different; it didn't use the gearbox.  Let me see if I can find the topic I'm thinking of; can't remember if it was at TTV, Eurobricks, or here.

Edit: Found it: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23460-triple-m-instructions/

No step-by-step instructions yet, but I think there's enough info there to get the model built.  If anyone has the parts, I don't think it's be too hard to put some instructions together.  Any proud owners of 41 purple studs present?

I've got those studs  ;)

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

I don't like that Mask Maker construction, the legs with balljoints were large from the legs (in my opinion) and he even didn't have a weapon shooter. I prefer the Ekimu structure with trans purple and the MoC instead of the MoCre, sadly the chesplate doesn't exist....

I don't like that Mask Maker construction, the legs with balljoints were large from the legs (in my opinion) and he even didn't have a weapon shooter. I prefer the Ekimu structure with trans purple and the MoC instead of the MoCre, sadly the chesplate doesn't exist....

Well, technically it's just it's just the gold breastplate that came with Tahu, Kopaka...I think that was it...with different stickers. So theoretically you would just have to print the stickers, peel the old stickers off one of those, and stick the new one on.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

@Wazdakka

I do plan on trying to create more contest winners and eventually more instructions. However, as should be evident, if instructions don't already exist, trying to recreate them isn't going to be easy. All the other contest winners that I do have built right now I believe are ones that already have instructions in some form available.

Of ones I don't know if instructions (fanamade or otherwise) exist that I think I'll be ale to do: Airwatcher I'm pretty close (though the way he is built it is nest to impossible for him to stand under his own weight) Ravager (though he's pretty easy to get from just the DHG photo, Mimic (again, pretty easy to get from just the DHG photo) Silence (fairly easy from DHG) and Savage (there is one pat that's just visible on the back of him I can figure out how it fits on logically). Conjurer's creator took pretty good photos of his front on brickself, but unfortunately, none of the back. I'll likely get to him eventually and just have to speculate on building for that.

I'm also slowly working towards building a Sand Tarakava. While I don't think i'll have a problem finishing once I get the parts, I can't see to find an actual set of instructions using the right parts online (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll hopefully be able to make a set of those once I'm done.

Should be noted I'm not currently with my parts. I'll try to post things when I can, but don't expect it to be too quick.

• Upvote 1

@Wazdakka

I'm also slowly working towards building a Sand Tarakava. While I don't think i'll have a problem finishing once I get the parts, I can't see to find an actual set of instructions using the right parts online (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll hopefully be able to make a set of those once I'm done.

Should be noted I'm not currently with my parts. I'll try to post things when I can, but don't expect it to be too quick.

There's actually very detailed YouTube videos.

Thanks to a most unlikely source-TealMystechRanger over at the RangersBoards-I now have a full list of the parts needed for JtO Makuta (spoilered for size-does not include the pieces needed for the mask chain.)

[

gdyA7rL.png

XowCRMj.png

qV2EKo9.png

CGbDO8S.png

ut7rSRA.png

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

@Wazdakka

I do plan on trying to create more contest winners and eventually more instructions. However, as should be evident, if instructions don't already exist, trying to recreate them isn't going to be easy. All the other contest winners that I do have built right now I believe are ones that already have instructions in some form available.

Of ones I don't know if instructions (fanamade or otherwise) exist that I think I'll be ale to do: Airwatcher I'm pretty close (though the way he is built it is nest to impossible for him to stand under his own weight) Ravager (though he's pretty easy to get from just the DHG photo, Mimic (again, pretty easy to get from just the DHG photo) Silence (fairly easy from DHG) and Savage (there is one pat that's just visible on the back of him I can figure out how it fits on logically). Conjurer's creator took pretty good photos of his front on brickself, but unfortunately, none of the back. I'll likely get to him eventually and just have to speculate on building for that.

That's interesting, though I want to ask you if you'll just gonna try to build only the Dark Hunters or some canon MOCs too.

If I understood well you want some pics to build a figure. I've finished the White Makuta but the torso was a bit unstable so I decided to build it again, I do have some angles from the pics of Brickfair. The only thing that needs to be finished is the torso.

Also thanks @Wiariamu for posting that list of pieces, I'd definitely gonna help me with my JTO Makuta.

Didn't the Sand Tarakava replica guy make instructions?

Yeah, he did, and I think he said he planned to publish them via PDF after he sold his ten replicas.  I don't know if he ever got around to it, though.  I sent him a PM a couple days ago, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  

sqtd1i.png

• 1 month later...

tumblr_ouul3sHV5f1sncrlyo9_1280.jpg

I changed the sockets on my recreation of the "Acid Fly" to Vezok's as they may have matched the colour better than Thok's. Also, I've built some models of relevance to this database. The recently added "Prototype Bad Guy" (at the very bottom of the database) I built with attempted accurate construction and part colours, with help from this TTV post and member.

tumblr_ouul3sHV5f1sncrlyo5_1280.jpg

I also built a recreation of the prototype screenshot Brakas with building reference from here.
tumblr_ouul3sHV5f1sncrlyo6_1280.jpg

There were some 2006 model recreations as well (VNOG Enslaved Matoran, Lava Ape and Chute Serpent), but they used substitution for what resembled non-LEGO construction, so I'll link them here.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the black pieces are on Eliminator's hips?

Could they perhaps be wheel parts or 32184?

Woah, so that's how the Brakas is supposed to be constructed. Until this very moment, I never realized it had a Toa Mata head.

Judging from the sprite, I think the feet pieces are supposed to be different. They're this piece in brown, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, you might be right! Of course, I'm not sure if the red Brakas and the other Brakas image are identical construction wise, with the build I followed not necessarily being definitively accurate. Maybe a Toa head would fit more as their feet in the GBA screenshot, but they totally fit with the other image. If someone could try to figure out the other image's construction, that'd be great.

Also, I got in contact with Schoolastic on Twitter; they don't have releaseable photos from their BIONICLE stuff, so maybe legal reasons with LEGO are permitting them and/or they've misplaced any from this thing they did years ago.

https://twitter.com/ScholasticHelp/status/909838057381203969

I'm happy to learn that those once-elusive JtO Makuta instructions provided by Dorek have reached BZP; for a while, I wasn't sure if they had made the rounds yet. :) Have you guys been able to contact the fellow on the (possibly linkable?) TTV MBs who worked on the design team over in Billund? He went by 'toothdominoes"; I've seen a few high-quality images of both the Mask Maker iteration and the Overlord iteration from photos that he shared.

Yeah, he did, and I think he said he planned to publish them via PDF after he sold his ten replicas.  I don't know if he ever got around to it, though.  I sent him a PM a couple days ago, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

On the original models, it might be a bit of a long shot to get in contact with a couple of these folks; I'm not sure about a few of the identies of the folks who created certain Dark Hunters, despite having sent out PMs to several of them. Insofar as it's possible that they'll respond, I feel like it's worth the time spent. Munty should be a different story, as I think he's around pretty consistently. Any chance you've heard back from him yet?

Edited by Azani

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I'm happy to learn that those once-elusive JtO Makuta instructions provided by Dorek have reached BZP; for a while, I wasn't sure if they had made the rounds yet. :) Have you guys been able to contact the fellow on the (possibly linkable?) TTV MBs who worked on the design team over in Billund? He went by 'toothdominoes"; I've seen a few high-quality images of both the Mask Maker iteration and the Overlord iteration from photos that he shared.

On the original models, it might be a bit of a long shot to get in contact with a couple of these folks; I'm not sure about a few of the identies of the folks who created certain Dark Hunters, despite having sent out PMs to several of them. Insofar as it's possible that they'll respond, I feel like it's worth the time spent. Munty should be a different story, as I think he's around pretty consistently. Any chance you've heard back from him yet?

I sent Munty a PM a few months ago and never received any reply; haven't really attempted to follow up beyond that yet.  It could potentially be worthwhile to try to contact one of the purchasers of the Sand Tarakava replicas, but I'm not sure that it would be right to distribute scans of those instructions without any response from Munty.

sqtd1i.png

Hey, you might be right! Of course, I'm not sure if the red Brakas and the other Brakas image are identical construction wise, with the build I followed not necessarily being definitively accurate. Maybe a Toa head would fit more as their feet in the GBA screenshot, but they totally fit with the other image. If someone could try to figure out the other image's construction, that'd be great.

Would it be safe toassume that the original models from the GameBoy sequence are out there somewhere? I know that a fellow has all of the non-corrupted ones from Bionicle: The Game. Just thought that I'd put that out there.

I sent Munty a PM a few months ago and never received any reply; haven't really attempted to follow up beyond that yet.  It could potentially be worthwhile to try to contact one of the purchasers of the Sand Tarakava replicas, but I'm not sure that it would be right to distribute scans of those instructions without any response from Munty.

That's a little unfortunate to hear- hopefully he's easier to reach via social media or PM than some of these DH folks.

...but I'm not sure that it would be right to distribute scans of those instructions without any response from Munty.

Nah, I'd definitely agree with you there. As tough as it may be, can we work much off of the photos? I know that there are three or four photos of the original that a certain website founder has; unfortunately, they're pretty low-resolution.

Edited by Azani

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Are the original models still out there? Who knows? Could we perhaps get in touch with someone who worked on it for some info? If they're anything like that GameHut YT channel with a bunch of old stuff left over from back in the day, we could be in luck!

• 3 months later...

I believe I've gotten Seeker mostly to the point I can photograph instructions for him. The only questions are I can't tell if the Toa Metru torso and  waist are Metru brown or Metru red, and I can't tell if the shoulder armor is supposed to be Metru brown or gold. I can tell that they are not both Metru brown if one of them is, as they don't match. Color doesn't matter for me making instructions as I have spare of all these parts, but I'd rather try to get the instructions photographed with the correct parts.

Conjurer's staff is the only part of him that I still need to work out (this is more of a finding time to do it issue I think). Was able to get the body and head for the Crystal Climber done, but the tail is mostly a jumbled mess so it's still a ways off. Made some progress on some of the other models as well, but just on certain parts so they are not ready for photographing yet. Figured out that the bright colored part on the Dark Hunter prototype is actually an inward facing teal Kanohi Kakama from the Tarakava. How it's attached, and why it was used that way to begin with is not something that makes sense to me, but I'll keep working on him.

Guardian is... interesting. I found a way to build his head that does not contradict the official photograph, and actually makes him one of my favorites, as gives him an actual mouth that can open and close. However Shannara posted photos to their Brickself gallery of Guardian and all these photos of Guardian show significant modifications when compared to the one published in the Dark Hunter's guide. The way I built the head is pretty obviously wrong based off these Brickshelf photos, but at the same time, this can also be said about the arms and legs, even though these are accurate to the actual published photo of the contest winner. I can post a break down of this version if anyone is interested. Unfortunately, the body i'm still fairly clueless about, so that will still have to wait.

Finally finished the instructions for Seeker.

https://imgur.com/a/8tEdJ

Outside of trying to figure out the torso, he was actually relativity easy considering there is only one forward facing photo of him.

I tried going with a different photography set up with a new camera. The photos looked better on my camera than on my computer, but I made the instruction's steps a bit more detailed so hopefully it should not be an issue.

Will hopefully have better looking photographs for any future instructions.

Edited by KYM Jacob