Trans-Clear Tahu Mask - MOCing New with Old

OnuaNut

15559689796_5472fe447a.jpg

Front (Large)

Head (Close Up)

Head (Side)

Head (Mask Flipped Up)

This is just a quick MOC (a burly Toa of Ice) I built to play around with the new-style masks. I thought I'd share it in case anyone was interested to see the 2015 mask/Glatorian head connection. There isn't much friction between the mask and the head, so it does flop around. Sadly the Glatorian head has to tilt down to accommodate the Tahu Mask, which is a shame because I think the colored heads look pretty cool behind the clear mask.

• Upvote 2
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

Hmm... so they can somewhat fit on different heads. Good to know. Also I love the body of the moc, I mean the additions you made to it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow this is a very good looking MOC, love the mix of old, newer and new parts! It really works well overall! And its very useful to know that the new masks do work well with the old head pieces if you try

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Cool! Looks very nice, and yeah, it's unfortunate the Glatorian heads have trouble with the new masks. The similar 2013 HF Brain Attack heads work much better for attaching the new masks (and they don't break like the Glatorian heads), but they unfortunately lack facial designs.

EDIT: Why did I quote the main post... what's the point of doing that. :P *removes quote*

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The similar 2013 HF Brain Attack heads work much better for attaching the new masks (and they don't break like the Glatorian heads), but they unfortunately lack facial designs.

That's good to know! I don't have very much in the way of Hero Factory sets, but I may need to track down some BA heads to play around with. :pakari:

[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]