BIONICLE MAFIA XVIII: BY THE NUMBERS 2 - DIE HARDER

Voltex

PREVIOUSLY ON BIONICLE MAFIA

xviii_real.jpg

A lone Matoran stood among the ashes of the town, located just a few miles outside of the city of BZ-Metru. Crouching down, he picked up a piece of burnt parchment that had somehow survived the devastation that had been brought down upon the village of numbers.

NOTE #2

I assume that, when I left all of those other notes behind, you all thought that you could find them all. That you could piece everything together and learn what was happening, and why. I know that I stated several times that this note explained many things, but in all honesty, I lied - I explained everything in those other notes.

Everything, that is, but this.

This is Note #2 because I need your curiosities to be piqued right up until now - here, where you stand. For you see, the curious thing about where you’re standing is… you’re in the land of the dead. Or at least, that is your location in the simplest of terms.

When you die in Mafia, there is a brief time in which you no longer exist - until the next game begins and you find yourselves summoned into life anew. A vicious cycle. But when you are dead… well, many things can happen. And indeed, many things have happened. But what is most important is that you, the readers of this final note of mine, have come here for a reason. You thought the figure that assailed you all in that village was me; for good reason. You were right.

There shall come a time when the Third Age ends. And with it, most of us shall perish. Consider this a preview.

Your journey begins here - can you escape eternal death? Can you defeat my final trap? Your trials started here; days ago for you, millennia ago for everyone else. Those who serve me shall try to stop you. But those who win my true game shall find themselves richly rewarded.

Good luck.

Standing to his feet, the Matoran dropped the note, watching as it slowly drifted to the ground. His gambit had failed - though his second in command and the Medic would surely execute each other, leaving everyone in the village dead as he had planned, he had not anticipated playing right into the tyrant’s hands.

“So I see that you’ve finally arrived,” a voice said to his left.

Blade turned to the speaker. “Zakaro….”

“The one and only. I got here far before you did. Your little scheme worked a little too well, and now we’re stuck here.”

“Is there anyone else?”

Zakaro nodded, pointing to a gateway in the distance. “We must walk through the gateway - we are the final two arrivals. Once we enter, it seems, we shall be given new identifications… new numbers. And then, I guess we’ll see who wins.”

“Then let’s go,” Blade said, “and find out what has Voltex so evil.”

---

Imagine a world of desolation, burned to the ground and eerily silent. You are in a land beyond death, or maybe it is death. Perhaps you are hardly dead at all, and have yet to fully complete the transition. With the omniscient presence of a being claiming to be Voltex providing you with information that you cannot rely on, how will you find your way back to the world of the living? Why has it taken so long for his second game to begin, when the first took place so long ago that few of you are even capable of remembering it?

You have far more questions than answers, and by the end of it all, there is a very good chance that will not change. But your objective is clear: you must find a way back… but you’ll have to survive the Dark Hunters in order to do so.

Let the game begin.

RULES

1. 24 hours per night and per day will be given.

2. Role revealing is NOT allowed.

3. Betraying your faction is NOT allowed, and will result in roles being shuffled. The offending individual, if caught, shall be removed from the game.

4. Everything is by the numbers.

ROLES

Pro-Town

Matoran x15 - These players can vote during the day for suspects.

Turaga x1 - Their votes count for three at the lynching; however, if targeted for death, they cannot be saved.

Detective x1 - This player can investigate a number each night to discover who that number belongs to, as well as their role.

Medic x1 - This player can protect one player each night from death, but cannot protect the same player two nights in a row.

Dark Hunters

The Shadowed One x1 - This player leads the Dark Hunters, and has final say on who to send and who to kill. If lynched, they can execute one other player with them.

Ancient x1 - This player acts as a regular Hunter until the Shadowed One dies; if still alive, this player will then take on all of the Shadowed One’s abilities.

Plague Doctor x1 - This player can protect one Dark Hunter each night from death, but cannot protect the same player two nights in a row.

Dark Hunters x3 - These three players are just regular hunters… although one of them, if lynched before Round 4, can execute three other players with them.

Other Guy

Pyro x1 - This insane pyromaniac will select two targets each night, and play rock-paper-scissors to decide which one is ultimately killed. He is also cherry flavored.

PLAYER LIST

1. Xaeraz - Dark Hunter (Assigned #19) - Executed by Survivors, Day 1

2. Zakaro - Matoran (Assigned #11) - Executed by Xaeraz, Day 1

3. Manducus - Matoran (Assigned #20) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 7

4. Portalfig - Detective (Assigned #21) - Executed by Xaeraz, Day 1

5. Valendale - Pyro (Assigned #24) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 2

6. Underscore - Matoran (Assigned #8) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 4

7. Taka Nuvia - Ancient (Assigned #18) - SOLE SURVIVOR

8. Shadow Ignited - Matoran (Assigned #17) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 6

9. Ddude - Dark Hunter (Assigned #7) - Executed by Survivors, Day 5

10. Captain Caboose - Matoran (Assigned #4) - Executed by Survivors, Day 7

11. Pulse - Dark Hunter (Assigned #14) - Killed by Pyro, Night 1

12. Aiwendil - Matoran (Assigned #15) - Executed by Survivors, Day 7

13. Blade - Matoran (Assigned #3) - Killed by Pyro, Night 2

14. Unit - Turaga (Assigned #13) - Executed by Quisoves Pugnat, Day 3

15. Ehks - Matoran (Assigned #6) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 5

16. ToaD - Matoran (Assigned #16) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 1

17. Gengar - Matoran (Assigned #12) - Executed by Survivors, Day 4 

18. Jag18 - Matoran (Assigned #5) - Killed by Dark Hunters, Night 3

19. Quisoves Pugnat - The Shadowed One (Assigned #9) - Executed by Survivors, Day 3

20. Chro - Matoran (Assigned #22) - Executed by Survivors, Day 2

21. Shadowhawk - Matoran (Assigned #25) - Executed by Xaeraz, Day 1

22. Voxumo - Plague Doctor (Assigned #10) - Executed by Survivors, Day 7

23. Tyler - Matoran (Assigned #1) - Executed by Survivors, Day 6

24. Luroka - Medic (Assigned #23) - Executed by Survivors, Day 3

25. Burnmad - Matoran (Assigned #2) - Executed by Survivors, Day 3

In the case of there not being enough players, I'll wipe 3 Matoran and the Plague Doctor from the game. But I challenge you all to get us enough players ASAP.
If those that reserved spots could please confirm below, that would be awesome.
Edited by Voltex Oblige
  • Upvote 11

Man, this topic has been up for ~1 minute and already almost half the spots are full.

Bionicle Mafia III: By the Numbers set the record for fastest signups ever; it was filled in less than three hours. I have yet to see any other game come close to reaching that, and I also have yet to be impressed by the signup rate for any game since. =P 

Spot On-oh wait =p

I've been out of this for a few games. There's some overarching story again?

Not that I'm aware of. I just thought "if I'm making a direct sequel to the game with everything else, I might as well make the story of the game a sequel as well".

Also... well... you'll see. I'd hate to spoil the surprise.

E: That introduction has some important info though.

Edited by Voltex