Mask Revealed for Battle for the Gold Mask

Gold Skull Spider Mask

There has been much speculation over which gold mask will be the ultimate prize in the recently announced Battle for the Gold Mask multi-site contest. Today the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page revealed that it will be an eighth mask not shown at NYCC: A 14-carat gold Skull Spider mask! Be sure to check out the contest on BZPower and ReBrick for all the details on how to enter and win one yourself!

View the full article

I'd unlink the facebook page if I were you... there's already a bunch of people raging and insulting BZPower.

I only saw one comment, but then again, I'm on mobile so they may not be showing up. What I don't get is why people blindly hate this site?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I'd unlink the facebook page if I were you... there's already a bunch of people raging and insulting BZPower.

I only saw one comment, but then again, I'm on mobile so they may not be showing up. What I don't get is why people blindly hate this site?

Well, judging by one comment, they were definitely inspired by the people who said BZPower was almost singlehandedly responsible for Bionicle's downfall

(instead of, you know, a story so complicated your average fan doesn't even know half of what was going on)

• Upvote 7

Well, judging by one comment, they were definitely inspired by the people who said BZPower was almost singlehandedly responsible for Bionicle's downfall

(instead of, you know, a story so complicated your average fan doesn't even know half of what was going on)

I wouldn't care about the haters, LEGO has no reason to listen to them because they know what they find in us. Yes, BZPower has had some years where the relationship between staff and members was not stellar, among other issues, and BZPower still has its share of problems but the staff and the entire site have matured a lot over time. Clearly those guys who keep hating against our site haven't been here in a long time and frankly most of the "criticisms" BZPower has faced over the years are just ridiculous beyond belief - including the strange assumption that BZPower had an impact on the fandom large enough to affect BIONICLE's sales in any measurable and relevant way. It's not too hard to overestimate one's influence and I'm not really blaming them for that, but when they go from that to pretending BZPower is, for a wrong reason, responsible for the cancellation of BIONICLE, then that's pretty crazy. When people start out with arguments like that, I wouldn't even bother arguing with them, just move on.

Anyway, good to know which mask my brother and I will win. ;)

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Cool beans! To be honest, I never expected this particular mask to be given the gold treatment!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Oh man, that thing is beauty. I don't need it, I don't need it... I NEED IT!!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Well, I'm sure most of us were expecting the golden MoCr, but this may make more sense.

Also I can't be the only one who loves the stands.

They're so.... detailed.

Maybe the rest of the masks and the are for other contests? Like, a contest where you build a toa/defender/creature using pieces from an element-specific toa & defender?

SH0Gxlo.png

Well, I'm sure most of us were expecting the golden MoCr, but this may make more sense.

They're so.... detailed.

Maybe the rest of the masks and the are for other contests? Like, a contest where you build a toa/defender/creature using pieces from an element-specific toa & defender?

I would assume they will find other ways to distribute the other masks.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well considering the claims they're making, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Maybe a whole shaker. Might even have to take a trip to your nearest salt mine for the full effect :P

I'm really excited for this, that mask looks absolutely stunning, especially with that stand. Never would've guessed it'd be a mask we hadn't seen before! (in gold, I mean) :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

They're so.... detailed.

-Gata signoff.png

I think that's probably a safe assumption.

They're so.... detailed.

-Gata signoff.png

I think that's probably a safe assumption.

Don't make it so obvious that you already know about everything. :P

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 9

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I had a feeling this would be the eighth. :)

It as the prize for this contest makes a lot of sense, given its theme. Definitely will be a very cool item to own.

(Also those pedestals are seriously awesome.)

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I wish they would do art or story contests for the other masks. Probably not going to happen, though - they will probably just go through different building contests. 

Although the Emmet Awards do bring me hope that they might actually do that. :)

My guess is they won't all be building contests. That would be pretty boring.

I wish they would do art or story contests for the other masks. Probably not going to happen, though - they will probably just go through different building contests. 

These are Lego-sponsored contests on websites, B6. It's my understanding that while most Lego fansites focus on building, few focus/have forums for fanfiction stories or art. Plus IIRC Lego has never done either. It would be unprecedented. 

They might do a video contest like the Emmet Awards though. :shrugs:

That's glorious. That spider-mask looks really cool. And that stand!

Buuuut alas, I am kind of glad it happened to be this mask of the 8 that were shown. It's definitely my least favourite, so I feel less depressed that I won't be able to win this contest now. The Mask of Creation though, that would have me fired up!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

These are Lego-sponsored contests on websites, B6. It's my understanding that while most Lego fansites focus on building, few focus/have forums for fanfiction stories or art. Plus IIRC Lego has never done either. It would be unprecedented. 

Independent of the fact that I bet Black Six already knows at least part of LEGO's plans, I do actually expect the other contests to be about other creative disciplines. Remember the website contest in 2001 where the Golden Hau could be won? Actually, I would love it if they made such a contest again. Of course, building is an obvious choice for a LEGO contest, but LEGO has shown in the past that they can host other types of contests as well. I would expect a writing contest, too and probably drawing as well, though I don't recall seeing that from LEGO yet.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Independent of the fact that I bet Black Six already knows at least part of LEGO's plans, I do actually expect the other contests to be about other creative disciplines. Remember the website contest in 2001 where the Golden Hau could be won? Actually, I would love it if they made such a contest again. Of course, building is an obvious choice for a LEGO contest, but LEGO has shown in the past that they can host other types of contests as well. I would expect a writing contest, too and probably drawing as well, though I don't recall seeing that from LEGO yet.

-Gata signoff.png

Wait... website building contest? :???:

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

-Gata signoff.png

Wait... website building contest? :???:

There was a contest in 2001 where you had to create a website. BZPower administrator Binkmeister won the contest and actually became a webmaster at LEGO a few years later.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Seems fairly anti-climactic. I'd much rather have the Mask of Creation than this wierd looking spider one... But as I won't be winning any of them I think I'll survive :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Seems fairly anti-climactic. I'd much rather have the Mask of Creation than this wierd looking spider one... But as I won't be winning any of them I think I'll survive :D

Which would make more sense—to give away the shiny, special Mask of Creation that appears in promotional material but isn't even in any sets yet FIRST, or to save it for LAST? Promotions like this need buildup if they hope to keep people engaged throughout, so starting with the Skull Spider mask (which comes in plastic in every single set next year) seems more logical than starting with the ultimate prize.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was really hoping the gold mask would be the mask of creation (that thing is beautiful), but a skull spider mask?  Still pretty awesome.

We have yet to see the mask of creation in molded plastic, right?  There's no pictures I've been missing from NYCC?

I was really hoping the gold mask would be the mask of creation (that thing is beautiful), but a skull spider mask?  Still pretty awesome.

We have yet to see the mask of creation in molded plastic, right?  There's no pictures I've been missing from NYCC?

Nope, but it's almost certain that it will be appearing in sets eventually. Perhaps in the summer sets...