Greetings fellow mortals.

I have been MOCing more frequently, and I wanted to MOC/revamp a Toa. Alas, I could not pick one. So, I decided that you will all be my guinea pigs for both my personal service, and a public survey that will likely hold your attention for less than five minutes. Lets get started, shall we!?

As the topic title gave away (unless you like to click random things and are adventurous), what is your favorite G1 Toa (as a character, not set design)? Obviously, it is hard to pick one, so just pick your top 6 (your dream Toa Team if you'd like). You can explain your reasons why if you like, but if you suffer the curse of sloth as I do, then its okay if you just write it like so (Latin Numerals were done to add flavor, you can do numerals in Korean for all I care):

I. Jaller

II. Vakama

III. Kopaka

IV. Pohatu

V. Takua

VI. Lhikan

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

1. Jaller and Hahli: I always thought it was a pity having a couple together in a team without having any reference to the fact.

2. Chiara: I built my own Vo-Toa, so I like her too.

3. Any of the Toa Hagah: Old Masters, it's a pity we didn't see more of them, or their sets.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

1. Krakua: he was always that guy who stood out from the crowd, especially as a Matoran. 

2. Tahu: I do not like him just because he is Tahu. I like him from his personality in the first chapter of Bionicle Chronicles #1; I liked the fact that he was in an internal conflict choosing between whether his powers should be used to help others or conquer.

3. Tuyet: I always love it when a person who is supposed to be good turns out to be evil. Not only that, but she did take over the MU in an alternate timeline. "The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet" remains as my favorite short story from Bionicle's original run.

4. Jaller: I like the fact that he wants to be the best leader, and he mostly succeeded at that.

5. Kopaka: not everyone is a team player, and Kopaka makes a very good example of that.

6. Matau: his recklessness made him an average new Toa, but also taught him valuable lessons when he became a Turaga. That, and everyone needs to laugh once in a while :D

My favorite Toa is Lesovikk. I really like his tragic backstory and the fact that he didn't think himself as a Toa at all. He was a great character that I wished got more time in the story. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Tahu. He's is currently the most powerful Toa. He is the leader of the Toa: Not just the Nuva, but essentially the entire Toa resistance during the effort against Makuta. He's a warrior and can scrap and brawl if needs be, but has learnt when to keep his ego aside. If I want someone to be between me and an army, it would be Tahu. 

Jaller. Stood up against a Bohrok Kal when even the Toa Nuva were helpless. He is a natural leader. As a Toa, he made very sensible decisions from the start. He was the first to offer himself to the Ignika, and only hesitated when he thought of the consequences of his death on others. Contrast this to Matoro, who nominated himself due to his lack of self esteem. In fact, Jaller's sacrifice during MOL made him as much of a hero as Mataro as a matoran imo. It showed he was willing to sacrifice his life for a friend, and trusted in Takua to find strength in himself. If I want someone to lead a rescue mission, it would be Jaller. 

Vakama. He has tonnes of experience. His resolve has been tested time and time again, and he's not afraid to put everything on the line to stop Makuta. Arguably one of the most developed characters in this series. His will is forged in fire. Even as a Turaga, Vakama is still serving the matoran. If I want someone to make the hard decisions, it would be Vakama. 

Lhikan. Can't have a list without Lhikan. He inspired many Toa that came after him. 

• Upvote 2

1. Kopaka

2. Matoro

3. Vakama

4. Tahu

5. Lhikan

6. Lesovikk (The Toa who doesn't use the name of Toa. Reminds me of the War Doctor from Doctor Who.)

Looking at this list, there are names missing which I'd want to put on. But that just goes to show how most of the Toa from Gen 1 were fantastic and Gen 2 has a lot to live up to.

------

The Watchful Guardian

Please check out my Bionicle meets Star Wars animation: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18763-star-wars-meets-bionicle/?p=942227

1. Kopaka

2. Matoro

3. Vakama

4. Tahu

5. Lhikan

6. Lesovikk (The Toa who doesn't use the name of Toa. Reminds me of the War Doctor from Doctor Who.)

Looking at this list, there are names missing which I'd want to put on. But that just goes to show how most of the Toa from Gen 1 were fantastic and Gen 2 has a lot to live up to.

I had forgotten about Lesovikk, even though I see him every other day in my set bin as he greets his silent "SUP". I had also forgotten about that bit of information, and I like that comparison. :D

Amen to that. Next move is yours, Lego. :P

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Takua/Takanuva - Great personality and interesting character who really stood out among the original Matoran. Plus, his journey to becoming the seventh Toa is one of the best in Bionicle. 

Matoro - A very well-rounded character who definitely stole the show in 06/07. You really felt for him and his sacrifice was very well-done.

Pohatu - Love him for being such a nice guy. He's the middleman in original Toa lineup. He is very neutral but you can always count on him. Friendly and powerful. A good combo. I'd love to have a friend like Pohatu.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

한. Pohatu. He's just so nice. Plus, he leads the resistance in the Kingdom.

이. Matoro. His internal fears of inadequacy, followed by his total sacrifice, were so touching and admirable.
세. Vakama. He turned evil, then good again - I like characters like that, even if it was kinda OOC. And: "I desire just one noble destiny, more than any power you can   offer me." (Weirdly, he said that to Teridax, not Roodaka. :blink:)
네. Takanuva. The immature Matoran who embraced his destiny and beat the Makuta (kind of.) Also, you play as him in MNOG.
오. Jovan. We didn't really meet him, but he was said to value wisdom above weaponry.
육. Lesovikk. His tragic story is pretty endearing, and in the Kingdom AU he saved Takanuva.

Those characters are indeed Korean, by the way. After you said it, I just had to. :P

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I. Kopaka. Because of his quiet, self righteous nature. It gives a sense of mystery. And I love how he always seems to put off as cold, but logically justifies his actions to himself and not to others for no real reason thus causing others (especially Tahu) to view his actions as unforgiving and cruel. I also love how he is able to quickly and logically analyze situations and react to them precisely. I also enjoy the character development he receives as the story goes on, going from being a reserved loner to an assuming ally, (especially to Tahu.) 

II. Tahu. For similar reasons to Kopaka. His character development is superb. He's a brave, reliable, and assuming leader, but used to always be hot-headed, (especially toward Kopaka,) being provoked by the reasoning or views of others that contradicted his own (especially Kopaka's) and saw himself as naturally better than everyone else. As the story drew on however, he learned to maintain control of his ego and temper for the betterment of the Matoran Universe as a whole, crediting to him the virtue of self-sacrifice.

III. Matoro. Because I simply love his personality, character development, and, of course, (  :crying:  ) his sacrifice. I love his ability to value simple virtues, such as friendship, loyalty, selflessness, honor, and duty, and yet still be able to think logically and justly like the other ice-types, thus proving that it is indeed possible. And yes, I did cry when Matoro died...

IV. Takanuva. Because of his role as an adventurous Matoran, the main character of countless Bionicle video games, and the Chronicler. Takua, the timeless Matoran who had already found a special place in the hearts of countless early Bionicle fans, ended up being Takanuva, Toa of Light, Wielder of the Kanohi Avohkii, the one who was foretold to defeat The Makuta and restore peace to The Island of Mata Nui. I call that friggin' epic.

V. Lhikan. Duh.

VI. Helryx. Because this:

3. Helryx

Is it wrong that I kind of see her as a blue Nick Fury?

No, it isn't. Everyone does. :P

Edited by The Meta Knight
  • Upvote 1

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Honestly, I found most of the Toa to have pretty boring personalities. They're just your standard heroes with a few individual traits and, if Greg's writing them, a healthy helping of snark. The Toa Mata/Nuva were always fun, but they weren't particularly complex or deep. The Toa Hagah and Toa Inika/Mahri basically had no characterization whatsoever, with the exception of Matoro and maybe Jaller.

The Toa Metru/Hordika had the most characterization, so I'd probably go with them. They really did feel like six civilians, with six different civilian outlooks and mindsets. They were conscripted into an unwanted duty, but rose to the occasion in different ways, and they had real chemistry. They were a joy to read.

I also liked Tuyet, because she gave us an interesting look at what happens when a Toa goes too far.

• Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Since most of my exposure to the Toa was through the comics, I can't say that I know enough about all of them to make a truly informed decision. However, from what few books I have read, my pick definitely goes to the Toa Metrue. Each was developed well, especially compared to the Toa Mata/Nuva, and I liked the development brought on by their transformation into the Hordika. Other than them, I would have to say Matoro. I haven't read any of the books that include him, so I know I'm missing a large chunk of his development and personality, but from what little came through in the comics, I really liked him.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

1- Helryx/Tuyet. I don't know, they always felt like two sides of the same coin, on different sides of a thin, fuzzy line of morals. I liked them.

2- Vakama. What can I say? The whole Adventures series shed so much light on his character, and put his actions on Mata-Nui into perspective.

3- Lesovkk. Tragic Hero.

• Upvote 2

Probably Taipu. While he is fairly gullible, he's a good guy at heart.

Taipu isn't a Toa... or did he get turned into one in the side universes?

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Probably Taipu. While he is fairly gullible, he's a good guy at heart.

Taipu isn't a Toa... or did he get turned into one in the side universes?

Nova Orbis. Lol :P

This is one of those moments where I should have read the topic title. Disregard that post, because that was me being dumb, which happens a lot. :embarrassed:

Best Toa is Nuparu. An inventive guy, and a dedicated warrior.

Edited by Mellow Gadget

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.

Toa Inika/Mahri basically had no characterization whatsoever, with the exception of Matoro and maybe Jaller.

I'd recommend reading through the books featuring them again. I kind of thought this myself until I reread some of the books a few months ago. Turns out they got a lot more characterization than I had remembered, and I'd argue they're more complex characters overall than most of the Toa Mata/Nuva (aside from maybe Nuparu and to a lesser extent Hewkii).

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

1. Lewa. He's funny, he's cool, he has one of my favorite elemental powers, and seeing the situations he gets himself into is fun. Although he sorta seemed to be less derpy later on.The Miru is one of my favorite masks because I love the concept of levitation, and wish I could do it myself. Not sure why, but I've always like this guy over...

2. Kopaka. Just all around awesome. It's my firm belief that Kopaka is the most kickrear of the Toa Mata/Nuva. He froze a river with three Kurahk in it, held off six Rahkshi at once (and defeated two of them) while the other toa couldn't handle any of them, and he could easily best Tahu in a fight. Also, he has my favorite elemental power, Ice.

3. Tahu. What isn't there to like about Tahu? He's strong, he's heroic, he's hotheaded, and he's the face of the franchise! I don't know a single person who's a fan of Bionicle that doesn't like Tahu. Seriously, what mask comes to mind the most when you think of Bionicle? It's probably Tahu's red Hau. He's a good leader, he has pretty good character development (not as good as Vakama's though, I'll give you that), and he surfs on lava (instant cool points). This guy pretty much sweats coolness. If Bio-mechanical organisms can sweat.

4. Matoro. His sacrifice to save the world. That is all. Except not really. I liked Matoro even as a matoran. He always seemed like one of the better developed matoran on the island of Mata Nui, and I liked hearing what he had to say about certain things. As a toa I feel like his contributions to the missions of the toa Inika and the toa Mahri were game changing, and his ultimate sacrifice to save the world and give matoran-kind one last chance cemeted in my mind that this was a character I wouldn't forget about.

5. Takua/Takanuva. Really, I would say I actually like Takua more than Takanuva, mostly because of his roles in the Mask of Light and the Mata Nui Online Game, even if he was characterized completely differently between the two. I like Takua's calm and calculating demeanor, his knack for solving things on the fly, and his curiosity (ending of MNOG anyone?).

6. Jaller. I like Jaller for a similar reason to why I like Takua, and that's his role in the Mask of Light and the Mata Nui Online Game. In MNOG, Jaller kind of had a similar dispostion to Takua (or at least that's what I thought), and I could see why the two were often depicted as good friends in later animations and multimedia. As a toa, I feel like Jaller's mask while he was a toa Inika (the Calix) has a very cool power, and it's one of my favorite masks of that line if we're just talking about power (Matoro's is cooler as far as appearance goes imo).

• Upvote 1

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

Hmmm.

Toa I would Most want to Hang Out with: Lewa. A fun, crazy, but not shallow kind of guy.

Toa I would Most want to be My Friend: Gali. Good natured and friendly but wise.

Toa I would want as my Ally: Kopaka. He's intelligent, competent, and rocks a sweet mask.

Toa I tend to Identify with: probably Onua, or Pohatu.

Toa with Most Interesting Story: Vakama.

Toa who did the Most: Matoro.

I'm not sure which makes which my favorite, though.

MnRA5kV.png

Kopaka had me at "The evil on this island is about to learn that justice can be very...cold." Beyond that, he's the most no-nonsense member of his team; he looks at things from a detached, logical perspective. He doesn't succumb to many foolish/emotional distractions the way most of his teammates are prone to. And while he (eventually) comes to realize the value of teamwork, he also knows that it isn't always necessary, and is sometimes (or, indeed, often) preferable to work alone.

Edited by John Smith
  • Upvote 2

Very hard to chose but I'll try.

6. Varian. A Ce-Toa which is awesome, she fought bravely against the technically three dark hunters with Noirk. She has a generally fun-loving attitude but is serious when the time calls for it. Would have been higher if her character had been expanded.

5. Lessoik. By Mata Nui I wanted to make him higher. He is a total rouge, taunted by the deaths of his friends for just hesitating for a moment (like Matoro in the universe where he didn't save Mata Nui) he spent thousands of years trying to find his friends and kill Karizaki (spelling). He has a cool seat and a generally good side plot for the main events that I found interesting. BTW He was amazing in the Toa Empire universe.

4. Hylerx. Leader of the ORDER OF MATA NUI and total , could've easily wiped out the Dark Hunters singlehandedly and matched Thyet (my spelling) with the Nui Stone.

3. Nidiki. Really? Nidiki? Yes. Nidiki's non-traitor/power obsessed (I have a feeling it comes from his homeland) attributes are cool. He is stealthy and isn't as much of a superhero as other toa. If only he was able to leave Odina, he could have had a cool role against the Piraka or with Lessovik. Then if he went with Brutaka my mind would blow and my life would be fulfilled. If that happened he would be top of the list.

2. Takanuva. Firstly he singlehandedly defeated Terdiax, a feat only repeated by Mata Nui when they were duking it out as giant robots. Do not forget his interdimetional travels, he was the one who defeated Tyuet and made Matoro a hero. We also se ethe Takanuva of that universe become a taraga and the leader of the new city. Then there is his actions in Karda Nui and in the final battle. Praise the Toa of Light!

1. Lewa. He is fun-loving but expresses maturity in Karda Nui onward and develops a seriousness factor. He has a cool role in the downfall of the borok being able to speak to them. He saved six beings far more powerful than him with wit and toa skills. The Alaxara T9 though it has too many 'a's is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Takanuva has to be my all time favorite toa, he is just an all around awesome character.

1. He took the Makuta on his own (though I think he let him win because of his plan?)

2. We got to follow his journey as a matoran and really got to love the character before he became a toa.

3. His side stories in the alternate dimensions are awesome.

4. Not only is he a Toa of Light, the ultimate weapon against darkness. He is the only Toa of Light in the Main Universe

Really hope that they give him some form of appearance in the reboot later on. 

Edited by MaskMaster

1: Kongu: While i really disliked his mahri set form, he was really interesting to me.

2: Matoro (ah, so predictable I am): for 2008 reasons.

3: Lesovikk: So many toa were depicted as straight-edged heros...He broke the mold and was something different. I really liked that.

4: Kopaka: By far one of the most iconic characters in Bionicle for me.

5: Helryx: Kinda hard to be better than the literal toa template.

6: Takanuva: arguably the main protagonist of the first 3 years.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Takanuva has to be my all time favorite toa, he is just an all around awesome character.

1. He took the Makuta on his own (though I think he let him win because of his plan?)

2. We got to follow his journey as a matoran and really got to love the character before he became a toa.

3. His side stories in the alternate dimensions are awesome.

4. Not only is he a Toa of Light, the ultimate weapon against darkness. He is the only Toa of Light in the Main Universe

Really hope that they give him some form of appearance in the reboot later on. 

"took on Makuta"

...by playing Kolhii with him. 

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif