Bionicle on Russian TV

I have no idea what they're saying, but it looks like Russia is excited about the return of Bionicle. Among the people LEGO had in attendance at New York Comic Con was a Russian news team, and it looks like their report has

. The best part? BZPower Blog Assistant Nukaya and member -tahu_nuva- even make appearances! If you watch closely, several other BZPower members can be seen in the backgrounds of shots as well. It's cool to see Bionicle getting a lot of hype everywhere, even overseas.

View the full article

• Upvote 4

OK, so basically at first the guy explains why Lego in general is making a resurgence.

Then, he talks about how the "fans around the world in their worries have finally gotten their wish" or something like that, before talking about how people all over the world flocked to Comic-Con just for the Bionicles. Then, they try to answer why Lego Bionicle has "made millions of [young] adults go crazy [for it]" before ignoring the previous question and talking about how creative and bizarre Comic-Con is. In fact, they said that the closer the correspondent came to the Lego Bionicle area, the more strangely people would act there. Then they interview both Americans and Russians (What the Zog? I'll elaborate on this point later). I then can't tell if the anchor is joking, but he says "our correspondents had to leave as not to fall under the hot hands and sharp tongues of the Bionicle fans". Bionicle will be hitting Russian shelves in 2015 ("Get in line," he quips).

So yeah, there's a roughly paraphrased translation.

Also, I didn't really think that Western toys made it to Russia, though perhaps that has changed significantly, as I was last there several years ago.  

• Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OK, so basically at first the guy explains why Lego in general is making a resurgence.

Then, he talks about how the "fans around the world in their worries have finally gotten their wish" or something like that, before talking about how people all over the world flocked to Comic-Con just for the Bionicles. Then, they try to answer why Lego Bionicle has "made millions of [young] adults go crazy [for it]" before ignoring the previous question and talking about how creative and bizarre Comic-Con is. In fact, they said that the closer the correspondent came to the Lego Bionicle area, the more strangely people would act there. Then they interview both Americans and Russians (What the Zog? I'll elaborate on this point later). I then can't tell if the anchor is joking, but he says "our correspondents had to leave as not to fall under the hot hands and sharp tongues of the Bionicle fans". Bionicle will be hitting Russian shelves in 2015 ("Get in line," he quips).

Also, I didn't really think that Western toys made it to Russia, though perhaps that has changed significantly, as I was last there several years ago.  

By "strangely" do you think they were talking about the people basically worshiping the giant Mask of Creation? (And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to over-obsessive Lego fans. Guess not. :P)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

By "strangely" do you think they were talking about the people basically worshiping the giant Mask of Creation? (And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to over-obsessive Lego fans. Guess not. :P)

Them, and everyone in costume. Russia had its own Comic Con for the very first time just recently, so all the silly and scary cosplayers aren't as normal a thing to see there as it is here. The entire news report made Bionicle fans sound like a cult, but they had some strong arguments and seemed more impressed by Lego's ability to cause this much chaos than anything else :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

They do indeed make it to Russia! Russia is, in fact, apparent the second largest market in the world for Hero Factory. According to one of the CEE team members, the line was crazy successful over there.

*looks at bulky "muscled" HF action figures* 

*fishers is not surprised*

You should have seen the "people who were praying to Mata Nui" posts back in the day. I hoped those people were joking. I also hope that those people were just being silly and not really...yeah. For some reason I just get the vibe that the Russians don't quite think of fun in the same way that we do, and correspondingly didn't understand that was supposed to be funny. 

They do indeed make it to Russia! Russia is, in fact, apparent the second largest market in the world for Hero Factory. According to one of the CEE team members, the line was crazy successful over there.

*looks at bulky "muscled" HF action figures* 

*fishers is not surprised*

You should have seen the "people who were praying to Mata Nui" posts back in the day. I hoped those people were joking. I also hope that those people were just being silly and not really...yeah. For some reason I just get the vibe that the Russians don't quite think of fun in the same way that we do, and correspondingly didn't understand that was supposed to be funny. 

The crazy Bionicle fans need to stop acting like a Bionicult... :wacko: (They're starting to creep me out... :sadlike:)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I loved seeing this. It's awesome to see BIONICLE's relaunch getting such widespread coverage, especially unexpected to see it on a Russian news channel at that. Loved seeing all the fans clamor in excitement (including resident BZPers!) and from what I've heard, the newscaster said some hilariously over-the-top stuff about the fans. xD

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg