Worst licenced theme ideas

masterchirox580

Yeah, I can somewhat agree. I did like the Tower of Orthanc set but it was way too expensive, and the Gandalf wagon set had momentary appeal because of the horse, but that's in The Lego Movie sets too now so no need to bother. LoTR has quickly found itself on my "themes to ignore" list. 

Elves I haven't really judged/looked at/researched. I might look at it more as things come up for it, but so far the premise doesn't really appeal much. :shrugs:

I can honestly see MLP work as a LEGO theme.

Woah, hang on! I never said a good theme! :P Anyway, other than LEGO MLP, a theme for The Middle on ABC would be a good idea for at least a year's worth of sets. After that, all that's left is blind bags for the characters in different sets of clothing. I'd love to see a set or two for that show. I'd buy as much as my malnourished wallet can handle. So yeah, The Middle would only work for two waves, three at best, unless they explore scenes from earlier seasons. THEN we'd be into something. If they do that, I can actually see the theme going for over a year or two. The only problem is the age rating and popularity. :(

mindeth the cobwebs

Lego Five Night's at Freddies.

Now THAT would be terrifying (unlike the actual game, which is just jumpscares).  :P

except the whole point of the game is that you're trying to ward off the jumpscares, so there's a bit more to it than that.

as for the MLP thing, even though i'm not really a fan i can definitely see how it could work. might make for some pretty nice sets. it would never happen, though, as MLP is owned by a rival toy manufacturer (Hasbro).

Edited by Arc

A Lego fantasy line would be pretty bad.

Your opinions continue to be utterly baffling. I mean, technically, BIONICLE is a fantasy theme! It has elemental powers, mystical relics, ancient legends, deadly curses, and even a few dragons!

What, might I ask, is so bad about fantasy that you think LEGO shouldn't have any fantasy themes at all? Seems to me like a toy based on imagination would be missing out on a lot of great potential if it ignored that entire genre outright.

Everybody has genres that don't interest them, but I think most people are generous enough not to insist all LEGO sets should be geared towards their own preferred genre, whether that be realism, fantasy, history, or science-fiction.

• Upvote 8

Shall I continue to baffle you? :)

Also. Bionicles far more grounded in science than most fantasy. Thinking of it, its early years are similar to Destiny. Both have a mysterious being (Mata nui/the traveler) who was put to sleep by darkness( makuta/ the darkness). Has a civilization who was knocked back technolgicly (matoran/humanity) a group of warriors who were given powers by the sleeping being (Toa / guardians).

Shall I continue to baffle you? :)

Also. Bionicles far more grounded in science than most fantasy. Thinking of it, its early years are similar to Destiny. Both have a mysterious being (Mata nui/the traveler) who was put to sleep by darkness( makuta/ the darkness). Has a civilization who was knocked back technolgicly (matoran/humanity) a group of warriors who were given powers by the sleeping being (Toa / guardians).

It literally doesn't matter whether Bionicle is sci-fi or fantasy (technically, it's always been somewhere between the two, and the sci-fi has always been the "softer" variety that doesn't take a lot of actual science into account). The baffling thing about your opinion isn't that you dislike fantasy, but that you're self-centered enough to suggest that Lego in general should avoid an entire genre of fiction just because YOU don't like it.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

*gasp*

I am NOT self centered, I simply voiced my opinion, I don't care for fantasy, and i am shocked that you jumped to the conclusion that I condemned fantasy sets. I did not, I just said I didn't like them.

You said explicitly that you wish Lego hadn't made them. That sounds a bit like condemning them. :/

AXKP5KC.png

• 2 months later...

Mega Bloks... so abysmally poor that it almost seems they were designed to prove exactly how much worse Lego ... could have been.

Yeah...

Also Spongebob, oh wait... I can't think of any thing... Any theme that has few locations.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

While not the worst theme idea, Eurobricks 'revealed' TRON sets as a prank a while back. The bad thing about it was that it wasn't real (because TRON sets would look so cool!)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Worst possible license: Lego xkcd. Every set would be a blank-white backdrop with blank-white minifigures, occasionally with blank-white hair or hats. (Don't get me wrong, the comic is hilarious, but it has no building toy value.)

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins