Bionicle 2015 Set Unboxing

Review Lewa first!

(You're gonna review Tahu first aren't you?)

I'm exciting to find out just how these new gear systems work and how effective they are. This remains the biggest question yet to be answered.

Vale, Nuile  :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Upvote 2

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

B6 has some nice arms, did you flash those to drum up viewership for the set reviews? Because it worked. I'll be there.

:P

I'm pretty happy with the packaging, they really got a lot in there, it's all very bright and eye catching with the neat little comics and combiners and mask details. I hope it's sturdy! I like the shape, it kinda looks sorta wonky? Like, not perfectly straight at the folds on the front and back? I couldn't really tell so I don't even know what I thought I saw with that, truth be told, but I like it!

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I read the comments.

They're out at TRU guys.

One person said he saw them. Said person also expressed surprise at seeing what the boxes look like via this video.

I think it's safe to say that this person didn't actually see anything.

(Also never read YouTube comments.)

~|ET|~

• Upvote 9

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

'See that the video say November 2015 at the beginning' Guys, this video is from the future! :P

Joking aside, I too am impressed with the boxes these sets come in. I wasn't aware that there were combiner sets that could be made with the Toa and Protectors. They looked neat from what I saw in the video.

I can't wait to see the reviews on these. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

You guys! Stahp. The jealousy is killing me...

• Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Who are the reviewers that these are going to? I think you need to send one to someone in Europe, for, you know, equal opportunities reasons :P

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Oh no.

Those are actually some really nice boxes! ...Nice enough for me to consider keeping. Ohhhh boy..

~|ET|~

They collapse flat if you cut the tape at the top and bottom, but I don't know if you can really effectively reuse them for storage after that.

I'm warming up to them, but until I get one in proper, off-the-shelf condition it's hard for them to truly measure up to the Hero Factory pouches in my eyes. I got one of the sets to review for The New Elementary and the package got some serious tears and creases during shipping, since it was shipped in a padded envelope rather than a box like BZPower's three sets. I know from experience that a foil pouch would have been much more resilient — Hero Factory and Legends of Chima sets I've won from BZPower and Eurobricks have been shipped in padded envelopes and arrived in pristine condition.

They're not bad boxes, necessarily. They're a snazzy-looking shape with beautiful graphics on every surface (one of the big advantages that boxes and pouches have always had over canisters). They're eco-friendly as well. Apparently, they should also be able to stand up fairly well, though mine doesn't because of how beat up it got during shipping. Also, the fact that they're collapsible at all automatically makes them better than canisters in my eyes. But I've now already experienced one way in which they don't measure up to the pouches, and I'm still waiting to see if there are any measurable improvements that can make up for it.

• Upvote 1

Oh no.

Those are actually some really nice boxes! ...Nice enough for me to consider keeping. Ohhhh boy..

~|ET|~

They collapse flat if you cut the tape at the top and bottom, but I don't know if you can really effectively reuse them for storage after that.

I'm warming up to them, but until I get one in proper, off-the-shelf condition it's hard for them to truly measure up to the Hero Factory pouches in my eyes. I got one of the sets to review for The New Elementary and the package got some serious tears and creases during shipping, since it was shipped in a padded envelope rather than a box like BZPower's three sets. I know from experience that a foil pouch would have been much more resilient — Hero Factory and Legends of Chima sets I've won from BZPower and Eurobricks have been shipped in padded envelopes and arrived in pristine condition.

They're not bad boxes, necessarily. They're a snazzy-looking shape with beautiful graphics on every surface (one of the big advantages that boxes and pouches have always had over canisters). They're eco-friendly as well. Apparently, they should also be able to stand up fairly well, though mine doesn't because of how beat up it got during shipping. Also, the fact that they're collapsible at all automatically makes them better than canisters in my eyes. But I've now already experienced one way in which they don't measure up to the pouches, and I'm still waiting to see if there are any measurable improvements that can make up for it.

Yeah, but Bionicle has always been known for having unique packaging.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Yeah, but Bionicle has always been known for having unique packaging.

To an extent, but if these packages do turn out to be flimsier than the foil pouches, "uniqueness" wouldn't be enough to entirely justify it. The pouches were very effective, and switching to an entirely different type of package just for the sake of uniqueness would be like if BIONICLE never used canisters in the first place because the Roboriders had already used them. Granted, I think the reason for the change in packaging is probably due to multiple factors, not just uniqueness. The new packages are FSC certified, so I'm sure environmental awareness played a role in the change.

I hope my assessment doesn't exaggerate the damage to my set's packaging. In truth, there are two main things that happened. The bottom flap bent out of shape, so it can't stand upright. And there's a tear along the top of one of the diagonal folds on the back, right through the middle of the picture illustrating the gear on the back. I will see if some tape can fix the latter problem, and the former might be fixable by unfolding the bottom flap and pressing the package flat under some books for a while. Other than that one tear and a few creases on the back, the graphics are intact and as beautiful as ever. But I still can't help but feel a bit of disappointment that the packaging still hasn't managed to measure up to the foil pouches in my eyes, and will now have a harder time doing so than ever before.

Edited by Aanchir

Oh good,look at those boxes.Im drooling over kopaka...

I cant wait for the feeling i get when i buy one of the new sets for the first time.

Its like,you watch the box and you feel sorry to open it.

And when (if) you open it,when you smell the new pieces...and when you look at the completely new pieces,youre just like...woah...

...but ill have to wait a bit longer till new sets arrive in here.

Edited by SinisaSerbia
  • Upvote 1

Huge bionicle fan. It's great to see these new sets early in the year, but I guess it makes since, since its BIONICLE!!!! I just had one question after seeing on YouTube all the different accurate moc builds of the new Toa from the parts received at the VIP comic con party in NY. He it is... When would online pre orders be open to the public?! Any time soon?

Thanks

Edited by bionicleman714

Huge bionicle fan. It's great to see these new sets early in the year, but I guess it makes since, since its BIONICLE!!!! I just had one question after seeing on YouTube all the different accurate moc builds of the new Toa from the parts received at the VIP comic con party in NY. He it is... When would online pre orders be open to the public?! Any time soon?

Thanks

LEGO usually doesn't do preorders on their own shop site. And as far as other sellers are concerned, it depends on the site in question. ToyWiz might open preorders up sooner than Entertainment Earth, or they might open them up later, depending on their policies and on whether they do preorders for LEGO sets in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Awesome! The packaging looks great. I am glad its not the bag type like HF. Can't wait to get them myself!

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

It's been days! I've been patient for more reviews long enough! Where are they?! :(

They most likely just arrived at the reviewers' houses yesterday, and it can take more than a day to make a good review. Chillax. They'll be up in due time.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother