Plans for the future?

Toa Of Virtues

hey, this is a neat idea for a topic - i've never seen this kind of thing around BZP before. kinda surprising actually.

my plans for the future are [stops] [looks down at hands] [covers face] [slowly sinks to the ground] [lies there curled up in an unmoving ball]

• Upvote 11

I really don't have any long-term goals right now. thinking more than a year in advance is stressful.

right now, my biggest priority is getting out of here with my degree while still keeping my mental health stable. over the summer my brain tried to kill me again and I wasn't sure I'd make it back to school this year but things are looking up. ~6 months to go, and I only need 4 classes in the spring :D

after that...probably move back into my parents' house (I guess I should probably be ashamed of that? w/e), do the street musician thing again, try to get my part-time church landscaping job back (or a real job if I'm lucky), figure out if it's possible to start the medical part of my gender transition without having to come out to my extended family just yet, and hopefully get some of my music properly recorded.

just don't expect me to tell you where I hope to be in over a year, or you'll find me hangin out with Arc :P

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Currently pursuing a career as an independent author/publisher. Not making much money yet, but I'm having a blast and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Hope to make a living with it within the next five or ten years if all goes well.

-TNTOS-

• Upvote 3

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Work, save money, and take a gap year (Hopefully). Then find a college, get a scholarship(s), and work my way to graduation. I don't really know what I'd like to major in, though I'm leaning towards a major in film. I'll keep writing as a hobby, and if I can publish what I write, I'll publish. And there's also the possibility of the military, which is looking like a decent prospect. 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Finish highschool with at least a C average, go to college, and get a girlfriend.

My much bigger and unrealistic plan is to have the series I've been writing for about a year and a half be picked up by a major network and make some heavy cash off it.

Edited by toa grimlock

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

I'd like to work for ILM or Pixar, unless I discover I'm much more proficient at VFX and enjoy it more, in which case I'm not sure which studio I'd like to work for (still ILM, I suppose) but I just know I'd like to opportunity to work on future Marvel and Star Trek films, any cool nerdy special effect laden films, really. I'm really excited to apply for a Pixar internship next year so I'm hoping things get going from there ^^ I just want my name on something I can be proud of pointing it out on, and be able to say I was a part of it. It's really good money, as far as art careers go. I'd like to put out some of my own personal animations that I'm working on here and there, I love to write short stories but they'd all work so much better as something you can watch. 

My best friend and I have spent the last 5 years or so working on our sitcom, and it's all coming along great, so I'd really love for that to end up being a thing and seeing that air on television-- and if not, it would be really cool if we can get the resources together to make it happen ourselves and put it up online or something, 'cause it's just really fun and we'd like to share it with people and see all that work come to something. And it would really help me make connections that'll help me out in the world of media anyways, tying back to my first plan. Sure would be nice to get into the television writing/acting biz, though. That's always been a dream my family has had for me, so I like to think I won't let them down.

I'd like to eventually leave this city --if my work doesn't make me leave first, that is-- and travel the world, and bring my girlfriend with me, eventually settle down somewhere for some time. I wanna go back to my home country, and Israel, and Canada seems lovely too, although I'm less enthused about learning French as I am Romanian and Hebrew. I'd like to go to Western Europe too, I think my girlfriend is all over the idea of Italy. She likes the idea of running a little bakery and I think that'd be really cool. When I'm a lot older I'd definitely like to be a teacher, impart wisdom to the young'uns and be really cool and make them enjoy school.

Or, you know, I could make myself a really nice shelter under a bridge somewhere and hang my useless computer art degree on the cardboard wall and admire it while I fight off wolves at night :P

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 4

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I never really talk about my future plans much, mostly as any plans I have can change rather rapidly and unexpectedly. A lot of prior plans have, actually.

But, currently, I want to be a high school English teacher in roughly three/four more years (maybe five, pending how things pan out). Partially as I do like English and literature and have always wanted to pursue a career that included it (journalism, writing my own novels, freelance writing, short story writing, etc...), but also because I'd like there to be more teachers and professionals in education who are easier to approach and put the students before the work itself. Additionally, being able to serve as a resource for LGBT+ kids and having the ability to work towards making the area safer for them is a large contributor, since there weren't many instructors who took such initiatives when I went through high school (there were a lot of posters torn a part, threats, slurs, and openly homophobic/transphobic individuals in the classes I was in, such as students who mention harboring a desire to murder people like me, which doesn't contribute to a safe and comfortable learning environment). As a personal anecdote, I was actually reported by parents to my instructor over an article I wrote in favor of marriage laws changing to encompass all people, though my teacher sort of laughed it off and agreed with me when I may have muttered something unfavorable about that complaint (I did receive an award for my article, as did others who contributed to that page).

Plans might change over the course of college. Psychology interests me a lot and, in the past, I did consider the possibility of working as a therapist and getting the proper training and education for that, or for doing social work which the school I'm at has some programs and work study positions available for. I'm passing my current Psych class with an A and that's basically by doing nothing, but it's a rather easy course I mostly remember from high school. More interested in the next part, which talks about gender identity and the like.

Anything else I don't plan. Relationships sort of come and go, family is an up and down affair, and anything else sort of depends how successful my own counseling and time with the LGBT center at my school plays out. Mostly just whether I can overcome anxiety attacks and find the tools to help deescalate them, as well as becoming more comfortable with expressing my gender identity in real life. Traveling in an urban area, often at night, after there've already been some assault related crimes on campus sort of makes that idea particularly daunting.

Either way, I'd still like to finish a book I've been sort of working on, on and off. It's only 20,000 words or so in, but keeping up with the muse to continue writing, especially with all the work from classes and the pressure to find a solid and safe part time job sort of takes away from it.

I guess, ideally, down the road I'd be a financially stable person. Marriage, eh... maybe? I don't dwell on the thought of kids, which would likely only happen if I married someone down the line.

• Upvote 3

How To Become Famous Using Only LEGO:

1) Build something epic to attract attention

2) Use attention to do commissions for people

3) Use money earned from commissions to buy more LEGO

4) Use wider part range to build better commissions

5) Blow all your money on the new Bonklz

6) You are now famous...

7) ...but homeless...

8) ...but who cares? You have the new Bonklz! 

• Upvote 3

I plan to finish my studies , and get a degree in engineering and either be a Electronics engineer  or move to England ( I live in Romania) work in a computer and electronics service get some money and start a business of my own . (if you are from England I'm sorry that my people steal from you but there are good people too in my country )  :miru:  :voyanui:

:miru:  :voyanui: If anyone wants to learn how to speak Romanian contact me via private message .  :voyanui:  :miru:

I first planned on making a career out of writing, then I switched to graphic design, then 3D animation, then game design, then banking, then welding, then personal training, then writing again, then...

... I think I'll stick with Arc on this one

sig8.png

How To Become Famous Using Only LEGO:

1) Build something epic to attract attention

2) Use attention to do commissions for people

3) Use money earned from commissions to buy more LEGO

4) Use wider part range to build better commissions

5) Blow all your money on the new Bonklz

6) You are now famous...

7) ...but homeless...

8) ...but who cares? You have the new Bonklz! 

This.

VBWj75sh.png

• 2 weeks later...

You guys can be slightly depressing, can't you?

Considering that I created this topic, I should probably tell my own plans.

After I graduate from high school, I plan to go to a college to earn a PhD in engineering physics, and hopefully work somewhere like Fermilab or CERN studying high energy/intensity particle physics. I'm working on the "getting into a college" part right now.

• Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

You guys can be slightly depressing, can't you?

Well, the times we're living in are slightly depressing[/understatement]

Good luck with your plans though, if you can make it in that field you're basically set for life

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Want to finish my degree, with possible plans of a semester abroad at Oxford next year.

After that devote myself to my writing and to teaching High School English or Spanish. Maybe World History/Comparative Religions/Sociology if I get lucky.

Keep on writing and maybe think of moving back to Colombia to work as an activist or politician, assuming that I can help out my fellow Colombians and our society as we (hopefully) enter the post-conflict period.

Big dreams that also assume that my rare disease doesn't flare up in terrible ways in the coming years, I know :P

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg